Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Garage

1966 Porsche 912 coupe big bore, hi compression

Garage
Vehicle Name 1966 Porsche 912 coupe big bore, hi compression
Year 1966
Make Porsche
Model 912 coupe
History My name is Damon Harris, Iím 25. I live in Melbourne, Victoria, Austrailia. My email address is dimps8@dingoblue.net.au .My 912 was built in 1966 at the Karmann factory. It's a coupe with vin number 45221, and paint no 6603 Gulf blue. it has 122,000 mls on the clock, and has done about 2,000 mls since restoration.

I've been the proud owner of this great little car for a few months. It was originally imported from Home Gardens in California in 1990, restored and converted to right hand drive in 1994, including complete respay, new interior, all new body rubbers and completely rust free.

From what I have been able to research to engine was built in California I assume, it has a big bore kit with 11.5 to 1 compression! Runs a ISKY race cam and ARIAS forged racing pistons. Still has solex carbs, and original air cleaners. Has done the quarter mile in around 15 seconds!

It then sat until i purchased it in 2001.The original Australian owner took great lengths to restore the car back to original condition, even importing original parts such as steering wheel from Aase Bros. in Anaheim, CA. The car was fully optioned with 5 gauge dash, 5 speed trans, rubber buffers on bumper overiders..

I'm looking forward to what is going to be a long association with this car, and continuing the same commitment the previous owners had. I'm about to pull out the slipping clutch and noisey gearbox on change downs, and any tips would be greatly appreiciated.

Kind regards,

Damon Harris

Hobbies:all porsche 912's

Engine / Under the Hood Engine: big bore, hi compression