Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Garage

1969 Porsche 911E 2.0

Garage
Vehicle Name 1969 Porsche 911E 2.0
Year 1969
Make Porsche
Model 911E
History Driving it daily!

Quote:"You can't make a racehorse out of a pig, but you can make an awful fast pig." (attributed to Bob Akin commenting on the 935K3)

Hobbies:Cars -- I have a 1969 Z/28, a 1966 Austin Healey 3000, and a 2001 BMW Z3 in addition to the 911.

Recent News:5/37/02: Still have the 2.0 liter and am working on just driving this car daily. I am using this time to take care of all the little projects like the handbrake, fuel tank lines, fuel filter, ignition wires, plugs, etc, etc that have gone neglected far too long. I could always use more power, but the fact that it is running well and going along just fine even in traffic makes me reluctant to do anything for the moment. I am enjoying the 3 car garage and my Z/28 has rejoined the fold.

12/4/01: I am looking forward to the 3 car garage in our new house. Finally, some room for my projects.

10/7/01: Just got a pair of original 1969 leather seats for the car in great condition. The racing seats will go in when it goes to the track -- a 10 minute swap. The original seats are very comfy, but have no lateral support. Plus, there is not enough headroom with my helmet on -- darn sunroof!

Notes:Modifications include:<br>Tubular torsion bars F/R<br>Adjustable sway bars F/R<br>Turbo tie rods<br>Weber 40IDA3C carbs<br>Momo steering wheel<br>HP brake pads<br>Fiberglass ducktail<br>Mallory Hy-Fyre Ignition<br>Headers<br>H4 headlights<br>Simpson racing harnesses<br>Corbeau seats (events)<br>Side/bumper trim delete

Color is Corvette Millenium Yellow (GM color code makes touch-ups easier than Ferrari Light Yellow)
Original leather seats an
At Torrey Pines.  The headlights are now H4s.
These are one of my best investments and really make a difference when driving fast.
Current resident -- a little 2.0T that I have come to like.  Not much power, but not bad.  It runs s
Engine / Under the Hood Engine: 2.0