Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Garage

1966 Porsche 911 2.0 S spec

Garage
Vehicle Name 1966 Porsche 911 2.0 S spec
Year 1966
Make Porsche
Model 911
History My car is a Australian delivered 912 Bahama Yellow. In the 1970's the engine died and was replaced with a 1800 Kombi engine. In the mid 1990s the car had an accident in the left rear quarter. The second owner restored the cars body and painted it Grand Prix white.

When I aquired the car I had planned to replace the engine with an original 912 motor. After talking to other members of the Porsche Club I decided on a 2.0s engine.

I bought a 2.2 engine from Sydney that was in need of repair. I ended up changing pistons, barrels, heads, bearings, cams, carbs, rings, timming chains etc.

The hardest part to find was a flywheel which I had to get made locally as there were none in Australia.

I now have the engine almost completely soughted. So it it now time to get the suspension set up. I have been working on this car for 5 years and I don't think it will ever be finished.

Lucky I love Porsches..

Check out the web site <a href=http://www.porsche-qld.org.au target=_new>www.porsche-qld.org.au</a> it is the site for the club.

Quote:66 s

http://www.pelicanparts.com/gallery/stevef911

Hobbies:Historic Racing

Car at Queensland Raceway
Engine in the car with webers on but no linkages yet.
Engine on the stand mid rebuild
Ready for the Leyburn Sprints note the number plate
The Pistons hhhmmmmm forged, hi compression
Engine / Under the Hood Engine: 2.0 S spec