Go Back   Pelican Parts Technical BBS > Garage

Rust Rocket

Garage
Vehicle Name Rust Rocket
Year 1972
Make Porsche
Model 911T
Color White but maybe not for long
History I'm the third owner AFAIK. I have a small sheef of paperwork I haven't bothered to sort through yet. I'll update this when I get a chance to look.
Exterior The original color was Prussian Blue. The P.O. paid for some rust repair and changed the color to Ivory White. The body work was half-assed. I've found some overlap patches of tin. I've found poor MIG seams and braze welds that looked like it was applied with a butter knife.

Interior All I can say abou the interior is "worn." The brown vinyl seats and brown carpet need an update. I'm going to make the carpet using the old panels as templates. The seats will probably get recovered from a kit from Pelican unless I can find a set of seats for ~$500.

Performance Upgrades The only upgrade I've performed has been Carerra timing chain tensioners.

Suspension Standard T fare.

Wheels and Tires Aftermarket Fuch replicas... THey are period correct and look fine. It currently has Perelli P4's that are unroadworthy. After the bodywork, it gets new tires.