Dee
My other ride is a C-130J

Garage
Vehicle Name Dee
Year 1975
Make 911
Model Started life as a 2.7 "S" now a Carrera 3.0 clone
Color PG3 Flash/Pure Red
History "Dee" started out life as a 1975 911 S 2.7 liter Targa. She was bought used by my friend's mom in 1984. "Dee" came from the original owner with flares added in the original blue metallic paint with all the chrome painted black (roll bar, headlight rings, door handles, windshield trim). In addition,the Fuchs were painted with chrome trim. "Dee" had the dealer installed air conditioning installed.

She was a weekend car and saw very little road time during the 80's. She was a real garage queen.

Then my friend's ex-husband drove "Dee" for about 8 months in 1990 and parked it after he pulled a head stud, (now I know why my friend divorced him!) "Dee" sat in the garage for 12 years until my friend's kids thought they could restore the car. As you can see from the photo of the gutted interior they were not very successful.

When my friend's mom passed away in 2004, I took "Dee" into my home where she sat waiting for a new heart (engine.)

That occurred in August 2008 when I was able to drop a low milage 3.0 liter motor in place of the original 2.7. Using the Pelican Parts Classified section, Ebay and assorted parts lying around (the power black leather seats from my 1984 944 fit perfectly into the 1975 S) With all of that "Dee" came back to life.

Currently "Dee’s” restoration is mostly done, with the exception of the continual upgrades and improvements we Pelicans always find ourselves doing. I just need to spend more time driving her.
"Dee" after 18 years of storage
Interior was completely Gutted
"SC Motor before installation
The earliest known photo of "Dee," taken prior to color change. Circa 1985
Exterior "Dee" was painted a generic red by the second owner. I repainted it a Porsche/Volkswagen color (P3G Pure/Flash Red) and brought back all the original chrome. In fact, I polished the roll bar to a near mirror finish. Also I am lucky the car came with the original Blue/Yellow License Plates.
Dee Before the Restoration
After
Roll Bar Polished to a near mirror finish

Interior I painstakingly researched 911 Air Conditioning systems and with the help of Pelican Part Community successfully reinstalled (with some modifications) the Dealer Installed VPC Under Dash A/C. I have achieved some pretty good results as the photos will show.

Performance Upgrades
Two of my favorite machines
I replaced the stock ash tray and replaced it with a VDO voltmeter and outside temperature gauge

Engine / Under the Hood 3.0 Liter, with chain tensioner, and Cam Oil Line Restrictor Upgrade
Dee 1 hour after her 14 year imprisonment
After
The 3.0 liter Motor After Chain Tensioner Upgrade, ready to install

Wheels and Tires Stock 15" Fuchs from my old 1983 Cab (RIP)