Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Garage

Turtle

Garage
Vehicle Name Turtle
Year 1970
Make Porsche
Model 914
Color Silver
History I bought this car last year and found it only needed minor repairs to be on the road again. It will at some time in the future need some repair work on the floor pan on the passenger side. During the small repairs and corrections I found out this was a white car from the factory and started thinking about returning it to it's original color. This will happen asap but at this point I am still gathering NOS parts and seals to make it watertight and happy.
Exterior I removed the rocker panels or I should say they removed themselfes as they were riveted in place and had 10 pounds of dirt packed behind them. I also removed the bumpers as they were held in place with rusty mis-matched hardware and rattled and shook when you hit a bump.

Interior I just cleaned the interior as it was complete and in fair shape when I brought it home. I installed a new gas petal from our host as the old one would fall over and not work when driving. The car has passed it's basic road test but still needs to go for its DMV inspection before I recieve the title from the state.

Performance Upgrades I plan to exchange the 120 mph speedo with a 150 mph one I have in the shop very soon.

Engine / Under the Hood 1.7 engine under the hood with fuel injection removed sometime in the past . It runs why mess with it ?

Suspension This car needed no repairs at this time but at some point I will replace everything under it with new bushings and add sway bars

Wheels and Tires I have put new tires all the way around on the stock factory rims and think they will do just fine for now