Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Miscellaneous and Off Topic Forums > General Car/Truck Questions & Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Replacement for car battery

Hey Everyone,

I have volkswagon vento and it,s battery stop working spontaneously , according to my point of view my car front section had been opened and that day rain is pouring so heavily , so i guess its been stop working because of that rain or maybe its wire got dettached or something like that , i have changed the battery and replace it with a new one but it couldn,t start .

What,s the problem i dont getting it , suggest some solution or suggest some battery.

Thankyou!
Old 01-14-2019, 12:36 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)
Administrator

Garage
Hello Wayne - what year/model VW is this in reference to? Are you able to pull any fault codes? If, as you mentioned the battery area got wet, you may have electrical issues that are causing the non-start.
Old 01-14-2019, 04:37 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)
Administrator

Garage
Send a message via AIM to Dave at Pelican Parts Send a message via Yahoo to Dave at Pelican Parts
According to Wikipedia, the Vento is very strongly based on the Polo, which we don't get here in the US either.

I would suggest checking the voltage across the battery terminals; if you see more than 12.5V the battery is holding a charge. Look for wires that are disconnected, and make sure that the battery (+) and (-) clamps are both solidly on the posts.

--DD

A few pics of my car: http://www.pelicanparts.com/gallery/Dave_Darling
Old 01-14-2019, 08:18 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: