Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Miscellaneous and Off Topic Forums > General Car/Truck Questions & Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Send a message via AIM to 944Cup
Car Hauler Review

Used CarsArrive Network to have a Porsche shipped to me from Texas to South Carolina in April 2019. Unfortunately my car arrived damaged and this company denied any responsibility and would not reimbursement for damage to the car. The damage to the car was caused by motor oil leaking from another vehicle located on the carrier above my car. The oil landed on the middle of the roof and was blown back during transport to the rear window. The oil damaged rear window seal where it became unrepairable and required to be replaced.

Estimate provided to CarsArrive Network was $550. CarsArrive Network claimed they are not responsible: "Carrier shall not be responsible for any damage caused by leaking/foreign fluids" . The company knows the damage was caused by their hauler loading another with a motor leaking motor oil as was evident from anyone looking at the car. So I would recommend against using this company. Bad enough they would load a car with a leaking motor over top another car, but even worse the company would not take responsibility for their negligence.

This company is headquartered out of Mesa, AZ.

Old 05-14-2019, 07:26 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Ugh. Sorry about the oil. serious pita to clean up. Also sorry their paperwork specifies exactly what they are responsible for and its exactly what happened. Clearly its happened to them before and the lawyers updated the fine print. One reason why I liked enclosed carriers with "trays" under the upper cars, just for this reason. They are merely a company aligning buyers and sellers.. Just like that old tv show "shipping wars".. buyer beware.
1978 911SC, 1976 914 2.0, 1970 914 w/2056

Last edited by racer; 05-14-2019 at 07:47 AM..
Old 05-14-2019, 07:44 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to 944Cup
Quote:
Originally Posted by racer View Post
Ugh. Sorry about the oil. serious pita to clean up. Also sorry their paperwork specifies exactly what they are responsible for and its exactly what happened. Clearly its happened to them before and the lawyers updated the fine print. One reason why I liked enclosed carriers with "trays" under the upper cars, just for this reason. They are merely a company aligning buyers and sellers.. Just like that old tv show "shipping wars".. buyer beware.
Agree with all your recs. In my case, seller was kind enough to offer to pay for shipping, so some of this was out of my control. Very happy with car, seller did a fantastic job of resto, so its not the end of the world.
Old 05-14-2019, 07:59 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: