Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Technical BBS > 5 - Miscellaneous > General Car/Truck Questions & Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Mk II Capri

I have recently purchased a 1976 Capri 2.8 four speed, and I need to find some pieces for it.
Things like a window crank handle, scuttle plate, rear wheel arches, original intake manifold, carb, etc.
I also want to get some Euro-spec parts, Mk III hood and front fenders, Mk III tail lamps and buckets, rear spoiler, etc. to personalize the car. It has been parked for 22 years out of the weather with the previous owner having made a few modifications such as Holley four barrel carb, exhaust headers, dual exhaust to the back bumper, the usual hot rod type of equipment basically.
It has an aftermarket cassette deck receiver with an equalizer booster amp !
I am considering the possibility of fitting an XR4Ti IRS into the car, if that is even feasible.
I am aware that the Mk I Capri was originally intended to be offered with an optional four-wheel drive system (some were actually built, but I can not get any production numbers other than that at least some were sold/loaned to racing teams), and I am curious if anyone could suggest where I might find technical drawings and papers relating to this?
Additionally, for modified collector plates here on the left coast, a vehicle has to be 1974 or older. Does that move up every year, so that in two years, it will be elgible?

[img]http://forums.pelicanparts.com/uploads26
Old 11-12-2017, 08:55 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Did it come with the obligatory two bags of cement in the trunk?
Old 11-28-2017, 07:25 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: