Search our site:    
 Cart  | Project List | Order Status | Help    
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Cool Maryland Fall Foliage Tour - Watersheds & Covered Bridges

Maryland Fall Foliage Tour
Watersheds & Covered Bridges

Sunday, October 21st 8:30-9:30am Meet; 9:45am Departure

When: Sunday, October 21st… We will meet between 8:30–9:30am for a prompt 9:45am departure time.

Where: The meeting place is right off I-70… We will gather in the parking lot of the Weis Market in Frederick, MD. A McDonalds and gas stations are nearby… Directions below:

Bring: A full tank of gas, an appetite, money for food ($20 per person should more than cover the meal), and a FRS or GMRS handheld radio (tuned to channel 7, subchannel 21) if you own one! It’s not a necessity to own a radio but it makes it easier for us to keep in contact. Gina and I picked up our radios at Costco for $75.00 which included 3 radios, charger base and earbuds…

Event Info: This route will take us through the Frederick, Catoctin & Emmitsburg Watersheds and over the 3 covered bridges in Frederick County… The scenery on this tour is breathtaking and the roads are demanding and exciting. We will stop and enjoy lunch at the historic COZY INN in Thurmont, MD… The unique Cozy, est. 1929, is the oldest established restaurant in the state of Maryland still operated by the founding family. The restaurant is excellent and the prices extremely reasonable. After lunch we will continue the tour ending at Starbucks in Mt. Airy near I-70… There will be some tremendous photo opportunities on this run so bring the cameras and/or video equipment… This route is different than the Covered Bridge Tour in June… If you attended or missed the Covered Bridge Tour in June you are in for a real treat…

RSVP: Required – RSVP to tour@pcachs.org – This tour is limited so get your RSVP in right away!!!

Event Fee: Free and open to all

Questions? Email me at: tour@pcachs.org ... Everyone will get detailed directions the day of the event…

Directions to Weis Markets in Frederick:

From RT 70 West:

Get off I-70 at Exit 49 which is ALT 40 - MIDDLETOWN exit… At the end of the exit ramp turn RIGHT on ALT 40 and continue to OLD CAMP RD and turn LEFT… Then IMMEDIATELY turn LEFT into the Weis Markets parking lot… GET MAP

From other areas: Use your GPS or favorite online mapping program and head to address:

Weis Markets
2 Old Camp Rd & ALT-Rt40
Frederick, MD 21702

Last edited by bull30; 09-25-2007 at 04:50 PM..
Old 09-25-2007, 02:31 PM
  Recommend this thread for the PelicanWiki    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

2 weeks from today... Get your RSVP in before the tour is booked...
Old 10-07-2007, 02:44 PM
  Recommend this thread for the PelicanWiki    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Garage
Hi bull30,
email sent.

Please let me know if it's to late to join.
Do you have a count on attendance?

Thanks
Rob
Old 10-09-2007, 08:42 PM
  Recommend this thread for the PelicanWiki    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by robs944 View Post
Hi bull30,
email sent.

Please let me know if it's to late to join.
Do you have a count on attendance?

Thanks
Rob
There will be 35-50 cars on the tour... Around 60-80 people... Should be a GREAT time for everyone...
Old 10-10-2007, 11:38 AM
  Recommend this thread for the PelicanWiki    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

Just a reminder.... This is a RSVP event... So if you want to attend RSVP to tour@pcachs.org... Due to space limitations at the restaurant we have to limit the size of the tour group...

Hope to see you on the 21st

Last edited by bull30; 10-11-2007 at 03:27 AM..
Old 10-11-2007, 12:43 AM
  Recommend this thread for the PelicanWiki    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

Pictures Posted

We had a terrific turnout for the tour... 53 cars and 82 people enjoyed some extremely scenic Maryland roads and a fantastic lunch at the Cozy Inn...

Here's a link to some pictures: http://good-times.webshots.com/photo/2896383610099937276CjcMbh?vhost=good-times

Next and final PCA Chesapeake Region tour of 2007 is on Sunday, November 11th... The 2nd Annual Friendly Farms Tour... Gina and I have been looking forward to this tour all year... I'll be posting the promo soon...
Old 10-24-2007, 02:31 PM
  Recommend this thread for the PelicanWiki    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

Now Available for Ordering:   101 Projects For Your BMW 3 Series 1982-2000  [more info]

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: