Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Technical BBS > Regional Forums > Middle Atlantic - US (DC,DE,MD,PA,VA,WV)

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Good job.
Old 10-06-2016, 06:15 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #321 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skoalturkey View Post
Could anyone recommend a good interior or paint shop in the Pittsburgh area. Looking to have some work done over the winter.
John Carey is probably the best in the area. For paint/bodywork try Bill Steele at Steele Autobody in Oakdale(near Robinson Twp.) he does outstanding work.
Old 11-06-2016, 01:14 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #322 (permalink)
Tired Member

Garage
Finally got around to installing the roll bar. As I feared, because I lowered my seats so much, I cannot slide the seats back far enough to be comfortable when the roll bar is installed.

I considered all the options. I need the head room so raising the seat back up, even a little, was eliminated right away. Modifying the seat would be a real PITA and might compromise the structure, so, nope. Trimming the mounting plate on the roll bar would give me a little more, but probably not enough.

So, .....

Anyone want to buy a DAS Sport bolt-in roll bar with the optional seat back brace for a non sunroof SC coupe? It is beautifully powder coated and comes with the mounting hardware. $500 and its yours. I'll even deliver it if you're not too far away.

'00 740iL (Sport) - Wife's
'00 Suburban 2500 - Family Truckster
Old 02-24-2017, 08:48 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #323 (permalink)

Garage
Hey there, was searching something else and found this thread. Good idea. I'm in Carlisle PA and I have my engine and trans out right now for seals and such like, also installing an external oil cooler (yikes it's a 72)! I do all of my own work and I have a new lift.
Old 03-03-2017, 08:51 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #324 (permalink)
Tired Member

Garage
Thumbs up Great Opportunity!!

Here is an excellent opportunity for someone looking for a fun car to track.

1985 Porsche 944 Track & Street

I went to look at this car last weekend with the intent of purchasing it. The current owner, Chris, spent a fair amount of time talking to me about the car, jacking it up and crawling underneath with me. Then I took it for a drive. Very well put together, runs nicely and handles well. Mechanically, well cared for and only the normal cosmetic issues you would expect from a tracked car.

The only reason, I didn't buy it is that, at 6'3" with all my height in my torso, I would have needed to change out the seats and probably rip out the headliner and sunroof to fit my helmeted head in there. More than I wanted to do.

So my vertical challenge is your opportunity. In addition to this being a good track car, Chris is very motivated to get it out of his garage. He has a 3 series BMW track car arriving in a few days and needs the garage space. I am sure he will make you a good deal.
Old 03-16-2017, 04:24 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #325 (permalink)
Tired Member

Garage
Guess I changed my mind. Bought the 944.
Old 03-25-2017, 04:19 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #326 (permalink)
Tired Member

Garage
Anyone going to Hershey?
Old 04-11-2017, 05:56 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #327 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaddyGlenn View Post
Anyone going to Hershey?
I really, really, really want to go to Hershey this year, but we just bought an old farm and I'll be painting interior walls that weekend, so we can move in as quickly as possible.
Old 04-12-2017, 04:38 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #328 (permalink)

Glenn!

Congrats on the 944! I strangely have been looking at those as a fun cheap vintage lately. Are you coming to the glenn with the pca? We will be up there and i always have steaks on the grill if interested. We are trying out chump racing this year and have our first race next week.
Old 04-18-2017, 09:47 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #329 (permalink)
Tired Member

Garage
Not going to make it to the Glen this time. I am looking at some track nights and other PDE events at PIR. Laura and I will do the PCA spring road rally on 4/30. I'll also do And as much autocross as I can squeeze in. Its a busy summer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelCity View Post
Glenn!

Congrats on the 944! I strangely have been looking at those as a fun cheap vintage lately. Are you coming to the glenn with the pca? We will be up there and i always have steaks on the grill if interested. We are trying out chump racing this year and have our first race next week.

Last edited by DaddyGlenn; 04-21-2017 at 09:59 AM.. Reason: fixed a fat finger on the road rally date
Old 04-19-2017, 01:54 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #330 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by will hung View Post
I really, really, really want to go to Hershey this year, but we just bought an old farm and I'll be painting interior walls that weekend, so we can move in as quickly as possible.
I feel your pain, starting the bathroom(s) project tomorrow. We ought to duck out in the early AM for a run out east. The better half's would surely not miss us ;-) !
Old 04-21-2017, 08:17 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #331 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by EFullerton View Post
I feel your pain, starting the bathroom(s) project tomorrow. We ought to duck out in the early AM for a run out east. The better half's would surely not miss us ;-) !
My mom would have murdered me. She kept getting mad at the missus for inviting friends over to check out the house.

But we got it done. It wasn't all for nothing.
Old 04-25-2017, 11:29 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #332 (permalink)

Ladies Day PDE (Performance Drivers Education) May 19 at PittRace!
Space still available to register! Sign up here:

https://www.motorsportreg.com/events/pitt-race-north-track-womens-pde-pittsburgh-international-compl-944138

We're at it again! Come join our third Ladies Day (and guys - there is room for more instructors).

I'll be your chief instructor, and look forward to seeing familiar faces and making new friends. Come join the coolest group of women around! We have several who are returning, and several coming for the first time. As always you'll have a combination of classroom sessions and on-track sessions with an instructor in the right seat. All drivers are WOMEN!

I'm happy to answer questions! Hope to see you there. Guys - if there's a lady in your life that might enjoy this - please pass it along!
Old 05-14-2017, 08:02 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #333 (permalink)
Tired Member

Garage
Had my first track experience last week. SCCA Track Night in America at Pitt Race.

Had a blast and I know there are many things I should do differently. Looking forward to the next time I can get out there. I feel a slippery slope coming.
Old 06-11-2017, 06:35 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #334 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaddyGlenn View Post
Had my first track experience last week. SCCA Track Night in America at Pitt Race.

Had a blast and I know there are many things I should do differently. Looking forward to the next time I can get out there. I feel a slippery slope coming.
Congrats! It's an event most folks never forget. Slippery slope for sure!
Old 06-11-2017, 06:49 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #335 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: