Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Technical BBS > Regional Forums > Middle Atlantic - US (DC,DE,MD,PA,VA,WV)

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Good job.
Old 10-06-2016, 06:15 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #321 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skoalturkey View Post
Could anyone recommend a good interior or paint shop in the Pittsburgh area. Looking to have some work done over the winter.
John Carey is probably the best in the area. For paint/bodywork try Bill Steele at Steele Autobody in Oakdale(near Robinson Twp.) he does outstanding work.
Old 11-06-2016, 01:14 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #322 (permalink)
Tired Member

Garage
Finally got around to installing the roll bar. As I feared, because I lowered my seats so much, I cannot slide the seats back far enough to be comfortable when the roll bar is installed.

I considered all the options. I need the head room so raising the seat back up, even a little, was eliminated right away. Modifying the seat would be a real PITA and might compromise the structure, so, nope. Trimming the mounting plate on the roll bar would give me a little more, but probably not enough.

So, .....

Anyone want to buy a DAS Sport bolt-in roll bar with the optional seat back brace for a non sunroof SC coupe? It is beautifully powder coated and comes with the mounting hardware. $500 and its yours. I'll even deliver it if you're not too far away.

'00 Suburban 2500 (hauler of kids and dogs, never met a gas station it didn't like)
Old 02-24-2017, 08:48 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #323 (permalink)

Garage
Hey there, was searching something else and found this thread. Good idea. I'm in Carlisle PA and I have my engine and trans out right now for seals and such like, also installing an external oil cooler (yikes it's a 72)! I do all of my own work and I have a new lift.
Old 03-03-2017, 08:51 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #324 (permalink)
Tired Member

Garage
Thumbs up Great Opportunity!!

Here is an excellent opportunity for someone looking for a fun car to track.

1985 Porsche 944 Track & Street

I went to look at this car last weekend with the intent of purchasing it. The current owner, Chris, spent a fair amount of time talking to me about the car, jacking it up and crawling underneath with me. Then I took it for a drive. Very well put together, runs nicely and handles well. Mechanically, well cared for and only the normal cosmetic issues you would expect from a tracked car.

The only reason, I didn't buy it is that, at 6'3" with all my height in my torso, I would have needed to change out the seats and probably rip out the headliner and sunroof to fit my helmeted head in there. More than I wanted to do.

So my vertical challenge is your opportunity. In addition to this being a good track car, Chris is very motivated to get it out of his garage. He has a 3 series BMW track car arriving in a few days and needs the garage space. I am sure he will make you a good deal.
'00 Suburban 2500 (hauler of kids and dogs, never met a gas station it didn't like)
Old 03-16-2017, 04:24 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #325 (permalink)
Tired Member

Garage
Guess I changed my mind. Bought the 944.
Old 03-25-2017, 04:19 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #326 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: