Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Regional Forums > Middle Atlantic - US (DC,DE,MD,PA,VA,WV)

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Either Dan Fowler or George Riggin will be fine, I visited both shops just this week and both are busy. George has two 914s in the shop now. It may just come down scheduling and distance to each shop for you. Good luck!
Old 08-09-2019, 08:58 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #361 (permalink)
Tired Member

Garage
Incredible Pitt Race track day deal!! This Friday, 8/16.

All day event with limited cars. But you must have some track experience.

SWP Performance does these a few times a year and I have had a blast every time I join them.

Details and registration are on Motorsportsreg.com. According to the email I just got, use the code “SWPTRACK19” for $100.00 off registration. That brings it down to $295 for the full day plus they provide lunch.

Here are some details from Motorsportsreg.com:
  • Drivers' Meeting from 7:40am - 8am.
  • Track will be hot from 8:30am - 5:30pm, with an hour break for lunch.
  • Maximum of 40 cars.
  • You don't need to be an advanced driver, but you must have some track experience.
  • We'll begin the day by splitting everyone into 2 groups to ensure there will be no more than 20 cars on the track to provide for an optimal experience.
  • After a few sessions, we'll shift to open track.
  • Yes, we have full corner workers and staff.
  • Yes, we'll be throwing the checkered flag every 30 minutes to give everyone perspective on how long they've been on the track.
  • Passing anywhere with a point-by.
  • We'll have instructors to refine your skills.
  • You should be safe and respectful of others on the track and provide point-bys where appropriate.
  • This is not a test & tune -- it's a social event.

I have no affiliation with them but since there are only 13 cars registered so far and I can't go, I figured I would share.
Support vehicle - '00 Suburban 2500 4x4
Son's - '85.1 944
Old 08-13-2019, 03:07 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #362 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: