Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > European Car Forums > MINI Discussion Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Anybody help me?

I have a p0013 CEL and have replace both vanos. the CEL clears but shows up again where I re start it. What can be wrong?

Last edited by Luccia at Pelican Parts; 10-08-2018 at 05:03 PM..
Old 08-28-2018, 03:04 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)
Administrator

Garage
Hello and welcome to the forum! Did you clear the code with a MINI specific scan tool?
Old 08-28-2018, 12:41 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Garage
Try the obvious, check the plug connections. I noticed on one of mine that the connectors pulled through and stayed connected to the selenoid.

How many miles on the engine? which car do you have?

You really need a BMW/MINI code reader. the P0013 is a generic code. for just about every OBD2 code, there is multiple MINI/BMW codes that will better help diagnose the problems.

how often was the oil changed?
Is the crank case full of the appropiate motor oil? These cars use oil and are really dependent on a full crankcase.
what was the condition of the screens filters on the old vanos selenoids when you removed them?
If the screen filters were really cruddy, you will need to run a couple of quick oil and filter changes. 500-1000 miles. Then pull the vanos selenoids and clean them.
Old 10-08-2018, 04:28 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)
Administrator

These threads should be helpful:

R56 Broken thermostat electrical connector - Replacement part FIX!

Question on Camshaft Sensor Replacement
Old 10-08-2018, 05:04 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: