Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > European Car Forums > MINI Discussion Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

09 mini r56 P0016

2009 mini hatchback, naturally aspirated. Timing chain/tensioner failure. Replaced 4 bent exhaust valves on #1 and #2 cyl. Installed new chain, rails, tensioner, both venos, and crank sprockets. Timing was done with the special timing tool for this model. First start on engine was surging at idle and no gas pedal response. After abt 5-10 minutes engine ran normal but with a fault code (P0016). During initial test drive there was some minor hesitation but overall ran good. Took out both sels and they were clean. Also swapped them (in/ex), code stayed on exhaust. Took out non-return valve and was clean. Checked mechanical timing once again and found that cams are in perfect sync with each other. Turned crank to install cam timing tool, got them on and never turning the crank backwards. So i noticed that the flywheel hole was half a hole off. With the cam tool in place i continued to turn the crank to get the flywheel pin in. Like i said, it wasn't off by much. Oil is relatively clean and of the right viscosity. One other thing, if i disconnect the venos ex selonoid, the engine revs up a couple hundred rpm and then idles as normal as new. Any ideas where to look next? Sorry for the long note.....
Old 03-21-2019, 04:37 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Did you get this issue resolved?
Old 10-26-2019, 11:16 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: