Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > European Car Forums > MINI Discussion Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

BMW Mini used car warranty?

Just to fill you in, I bought a July 05 plate mini a few weeks ago, it was a private sale. It is absolutely stunning and drives lovely, except one thing. In 1-2nd gears I get a knocking noise from the front near side. Also when going over bumps, but mainly if I'm going up and out of second gear. I's like clunking kind of noise, when I'm going along nicely though it's a lovely smooth ride.

Anyway, theres the picture. So next week I have booked it in for a clunk check. I hve 2 years left on TLC package and the dealer says I have used car warranty till Jan 09. The previous owner bought it in jan 08 from a BMW dealer so I'm assuming this used car warranty stays with the car like the TLC package? If they find something expensive wrong would it be covered under used car warranty. Any ideas anyone as to what it does cover?
Old 09-18-2017, 11:46 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)
Administrator

You need to look at what is all covered under that warranty as if it's an item that isn't covered you may have to pay out of pocket. Sounds like you could have a worn bushing that is causing your clunk. I'd suspect your lower control arm bushings, possibly sway bar bushings/end links, ball joints. Let me know what they find out.
Old 09-19-2017, 09:54 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luccia at Pelican Parts View Post
You need to look at what is all covered under that warranty as if it's an item that isn't covered you may have to pay out of pocket. Sounds like you could have a worn bushing that is causing your clunk. I'd suspect your lower control arm bushings, possibly sway bar bushings/end links, ball joints. Let me know what they find out.
Thank you very much for taking the time to answer my question
Old 12-17-2017, 10:04 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: