Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > European Car Forums > MINI Discussion Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Garage
Parts quality- Tie Rods

Looking through the selection of tie rods, I see three real options, MINI, Lemforder, or Febi. Why would I buy one over the other? Are the Lemforder parts that much better/ more reliable then the Febi ones for $78 more? And MINI more than that.

Also, would these parts include new nuts and bolts as shown in the photos?

I assume the local parts stores sell the ball joint separator?

Thanks!
NARB: 2010 Electra Super Deluxe
Old 01-26-2018, 06:33 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)
Administrator

Stick with Genuine MINI or Lemforder, which is an OEM supplier to MINI. I've always had luck with that brand. Febi isn't horrible and I don't believe its a bad brand to go with. I'd just recommend the 2 over the other, personally. Everything in the photos is what should come with them, but you can call our sales team to confirm at 1.888.280.7799. Check our tool catalog for ball join tools: https://www.pelicanparts.com/MINI/catalog/Tools/DWKS-tools.htm. You can also search for them when you input your specific MINI info at our catalog here: https://www.pelicanparts.com/MINI/index-SC.htm. Let me know if you have any questions.
Old 01-28-2018, 02:21 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: