Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > European Car Forums > MINI Discussion Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

new left cv shaft

I just purchased a 2004 mini S, 6 speed. It had/has a lot of vibration in the left cv area. So I purchased a GKN p/n 31-60-7-574-852 from pelican. I check dimensions and everything look okay. Tapped on the transmission side dust shield and then thought-I never cycled the shafts. SHAME ON ME!!! Okay, the transmission side was nice and smooth,was able to cycle 360 degrees no problem hardly any effort. I then started to cycle the wheel bearing side - WOW - it took a lot of force to get it bend,and there was one angle it didn't want to bend at all. Not smooth at all actually more on the rough side. It feels like there is not any grease in the boot.
Okay any one have this problem? I don't really want to put it in and try it, the shaft is held in with a c clip, that pops and we have a bigger problem. I am finding out this is one of the major problems with having a mini, not many mechanics work on them and parts are available but can be thousands of miles away. Not like running down to NAPA, and getting it off the shelf. Anyway HELP!
Old 04-23-2018, 11:47 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: