Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Regional Forums > New Zealand / Australia

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Garage
Ripple effect

Hi guys i wanted to start a thread on the off chance a Representative of the gold coast Indy might see it. I just got my first taste of the FIA GT series on T.V. Please Please for the love of all things rolling bring them to Indy. Seeing all those high end brands and super skilled drivers was the best racing ive seen since the old Bathurst days. It just seems to me to be so G.C. Porsche's,Ferrari, Lambo's, etc, etc, etc all going for it was sight, the racing was so tight, some cars faster under brakes, some cornered better, some had the top end speed. I'm sure some of you have been keeping this series a secret, but for those whom don't have pay T.V keep an eye out on Channel 1 free to air you will be impressed. What do you guys think.

Old 12-05-2009, 02:09 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)
Living my 911 dream!

Anything would be better than the current V8 Crashcars; especially on a street circuit.

I too yearn for a bygone day when drivers could actually drive and there was a thing called racecraft!
Old 12-05-2009, 03:08 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

hear hear
Old 12-05-2009, 07:36 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyK View Post
Anything would be better than the current V8 Crashcars; especially on a street circuit.

I too yearn for a bygone day when drivers could actually drive and there was a thing called racecraft!
+1, but more likely +25 million.

1995 - 993 Carrera Midnight Blue (Queen of the garage)

2007 - Mazda 6 Diesel Wagon (the worker who sleeps outside)
Old 12-05-2009, 09:38 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

No arguement here!
I cant be the only one who winced when the Lambo & Fezza came close to 'copulating'.
Old 12-06-2009, 01:47 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

Garage
The problem with the V8s in Sydney was that they had such a big crowd over the event. It's such a **** track yet they've abandoned Eastern Creek for political reasons which we don't know about?? I am not a big V8 head, but I think they do produce some great races. Such a shame these street circuits are so popular with the masses and therefore the promoters.
The biggest hope for Sydney is if the proposed re development of Eastern Creek. Imagine a city of approx 5 million having only one racetrack. Crazy. No wonder all the kids race on the streets. Complete lack of Govt intervention. They'd rather keep raking in all the money from speeding fines etc instead of getting the racers off the streets.
Rant over....

Last edited by 333pg333; 12-06-2009 at 10:11 PM..
Old 12-06-2009, 10:08 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

Garage
BATHURST ROCKED this year !! Was the best race I watched all year ....... And that includes Valentino Rossi out braking Lorenso around the outside on the painted strips.

V8 Supercars always deliver at the big events.

Regards
Old 12-06-2009, 10:49 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)

Garage
Hi Alex I'm not knocking the v8's they came to rescue at indy and they certainly have their place. Its just when their are only 2 manufactures and they start looking the same and handing the same, lets just say as far as I'm concerned each year just seems to repeat itself. In the old days their was innovation and variation between the models. I just figured that Race cars had just maxed out innovated to a level where their was only small difference left. Fia gt series had so much going on it was hard not to be captivated.
Old 12-07-2009, 03:08 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #8 (permalink)

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by porshe View Post
Hi Alex I'm not knocking the v8's they came to rescue at indy and they certainly have their place. Its just when their are only 2 manufactures and they start looking the same and handing the same, lets just say as far as I'm concerned each year just seems to repeat itself. In the old days their was innovation and variation between the models. I just figured that Race cars had just maxed out innovated to a level where their was only small difference left. Fia gt series had so much going on it was hard not to be captivated.

Hey I am with you aswell and was not intending to offend (variety is the spice of life and all that stuff) If it doesn't have a steering wheel it's not a sport IMO. What I like about the Super cars is because the cars are close and only two Manufacturers involved it puts the focus back on the teams and the drivers who become household names.

When you get a variety spread of technology. The finish becomes more predictable over the course of the year. I am all for the exotics racing and displaying their un questionable performance. I only hope that Teams and sponsors are happy finishing where they place year in year out or they will all go to the leading make in the end. ( like the late 80's of the touring cars where the non manufacturer sponsored cars were mostly sierras) No one wants to finish second which is last all the time.
Old 12-10-2009, 08:22 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #9 (permalink)

Garage
It would be really good if they got some other manufacturers back into the SuperCar Series. Like the old days.
Old 12-10-2009, 08:56 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #10 (permalink)

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by 333pg333 View Post
It would be really good if they got some other manufacturers back into the SuperCar Series. Like the old days.
And make the cars a little more like the maufacturers product, and while we're at it, lets open a huge can of worms.

If, for safety reasons, we have to have a "safety car", how about making it fair on everyone. How can one team benefit so much and another have their event or even potentially, a championship destroyed by the use of a pace car for someone else's error.

1995 - 993 Carrera Midnight Blue (Queen of the garage)

2007 - Mazda 6 Diesel Wagon (the worker who sleeps outside)
Old 12-10-2009, 09:10 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #11 (permalink)

Garage
Hi Alex i won't pretend be an expert on the fia gt series but from the little i know each race you win they load a little extra weight in the car. During the race i watched there was a White Porsche apparently the series leader it was battling valiantly but apparently it had won enough races to have fair handicap. Seemed to balance things quite alot. kind of like horse racing, imagine v8's along side a flat6 along side v12 in a fair fight. completely different handling, acceleration, cornering under speed.I would never want to loose the v8 series i just suggested instead of more open wheelers coming done under this series would let us see something really innovative. Alex have you seen the series on T.v?
Old 12-11-2009, 04:21 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #12 (permalink)

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by porshe View Post
Hi Alex i won't pretend be an expert on the fia gt series but from the little i know each race you win they load a little extra weight in the car. During the race i watched there was a White Porsche apparently the series leader it was battling valiantly but apparently it had won enough races to have fair handicap. Seemed to balance things quite alot. kind of like horse racing, imagine v8's along side a flat6 along side v12 in a fair fight. completely different handling, acceleration, cornering under speed.I would never want to loose the v8 series i just suggested instead of more open wheelers coming done under this series would let us see something really innovative. Alex have you seen the series on T.v?
Yes I have watched though I will admit not recently. As for the rules and regs governing the series, from your comments it would seem as though they have a good system for equalising the field. I will be keen to see more of the series and fingers crossed it will continue to grow. As i said earlier I am all for Motorsport but when it becomes a race between cheque books it is easy to spot where the talent ends and the money begins.
I was recently at a meeting where out of 25 entrants there were two cars way above any one else. the first was a V8 Supercar that had an extra 100+ horsepower and a 996 RSR factory race car. Now these cars were stunning in every way and I am sure every one else watching like me were very grateful to see such cars being used in anger. My point is that these two cars were so far out of reach of any other competitor that they will eventually from their own success drive everyone else away into cars and classes that will allow them to race for 1st not 3rd.

Old 12-12-2009, 02:19 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #13 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: