Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Regional Forums > New Zealand / Australia

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Contact details for Mike Tankard

Hi,

Does anyone have current contact details for Mike Tankard?

Looking at getting some bodywork done by Mike.

I have tried an old number I had on file, (03) 9801 8279, but it is no longer connected.

Thanks,

Anthony
Old 04-19-2010, 02:39 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)
HC lifetime member

Garage
Hi Anthony,

you might have to hurry. He turned 70 last week and there is talk of early retirement ;-)

He is around the corner from me in Bayswater. His mobile is 0418 519 638 and is available week days from 1000 hrs to 1600 hrs.

I was thinking of getting the RSR/IROC bumper bars for my wide body 1986. Front is $485 / rear $455.

What are you after?

Maybe we can negotiate a bulk deal ;-)

Best regards

Marty

Last edited by obersturm; 04-20-2010 at 06:34 PM.. Reason: vertippt
Old 04-20-2010, 04:37 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Thanks Marty,

I spoke to Mike today.

I am looking at getting a duck tail supplied, painted and fitted.

Regards,

Anthony
Old 04-21-2010, 02:29 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by obersturm View Post
Hi Anthony,

you might have to hurry. He turned 70 last week and there is talk of early retirement ;-)

He is around the corner from me in Bayswater. His mobile is 0418 519 638 and is available week days from 1000 hrs to 1600 hrs.

I was thinking of getting the RSR/IROC bumper bars for my wide body 1986. Front is $485 / rear $455.

What are you after?

Maybe we can negotiate a bulk deal ;-)

Best regards

Marty
Dear Marty
I have just joined the forum in a search for an email or some business address of Mr Mike Tankard. I know you quoted his tel. numbers in your thread but it would be better in my case to actually write to him as I am based now in Poland.

What brought me to looking for Mike Tankard is the info in the net I found that he bad bought most of cars of the late (I believe) Reg Mort’s collection.

Reg Mort in turn, in 1968, bought a Porsche 911S (No.58) driven to the 4-th place by S. Zasada and M. Wachowski in the LONDON-SYDNEY MARATHON that year.

I am actually researching Sobieslaw Zasada’s participation in various rallies including London Sydney and I have come across the web page on the fate of the Edgar Herrmann’s Porsche 911T (No. 55) and also the information on what happened to the two remaining Porsche cars taking part in that rally.

You may be aware that Sobieslaw Zasada was a Polish renown and extremely successful rally driver in the 60-tieth and 70-tieth.
As I happened to be born in that country (only later spent half of my life in England) he was my childhood hero, and I read, those days, a lot of articles written by him.

It has always puzzled me what happened to the Porsche 911S (No.58) driven to the 4-th place overall and winning the Australian stage by him and M. Wachowski that year. I never found any info on that and presumed it was destroyed subsequently or something. So you can imagine the excitement whet I learnt that it was bought by Mr Reg Mort.
Unfortunately subsequent search of the net led me to learn about his death, I believe, in the late 90s.

It would be so interesting and incredible if it was perhaps possible to see some pictures of this legendary car one day!

Would you by any chance know the name of Mr Tankard’s company or whether it still operates. I was hoping to write to him directly and ask if he still has that car since I believe Zasada’s Porsche was amongst cars he bought at that auction.
This link I found appears to talk about his work on that car. Although it uses a word “former”

https://www.tradeuniquecars.com.au/feature-cars/1104/australias-first-porsche

I would greatly appreciate any help or guidance
Kind regards
Tom Drecki
Old 06-25-2018, 04:40 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: