Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast - US (NY/NJ/CT/MA/ME/NH/RI/VT)

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Revival of Historic Rally in New England from the 1950s

I thought I'd share with you an exciting event I will be part of putting on this October.

It is the Great American Mountain Rally Revival.

Thought you might be interested in the running of the Historic 1950's New England Rally this October.

I have been Rallying on and off since the late 70's and a few years ago meet up with a co worker in my industry (Civil Engineering - I am a professional Land Surveyor)

Steve is an extremely talented and sought after Navigator who has Rallied all over the world including the Monte Carlo, Baden Classic, LeJong just to name a few.

Steve had posted a blog about this rally which peeked my curiosity as a New Englander and as a Surveyor. I spend 6 months re-tracing the original route from written instructions only and utilizing Garmin Basecamp software Google Earth and the internet was able to recreate the route.

Steve and I have spent many weekends running and checking the directions and noting the changes in roads throughout the rally.

We will be running the final recce of the entire route this weekend. Registration is open, a link to more about the rally and how to register follows.

Please feel free to contact me at GAMRR2018@Gmail.com if you would like more information.

Hoping to see some of you there.

Here is a summary of the event and some links to more information:

"Automotive rally teams from the northeastern U.S. and beyond will gather October 12–14, 2018, to challenge their cars and themselves in a 700-mile Revival of the Great American Mountain Rallye (GAMR), a European-style endurance event that was held annually from 1953-1957 in upstate N.Y. and New England..."

For more information on the Historic Rally and where to register please follow the links below.

https://stevemckelvie.wordpress.com/?s=GAMRR

SCCA Registration page:

https://www.motorsportreg.com/events/great-american-mountain-rally-revival-salem-golf-club-scca-new-england-roadrally-899014

Regards:

Gary J. Hamilton, Rally Master
978-500-8039
Steve McKelvie, Rally Chairman

'70 TR6
N of Boston

Last edited by ghamilton; 08-23-2018 at 06:10 PM..
Old 08-23-2018, 06:07 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: