Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast - US (NY/NJ/CT/MA/ME/NH/RI/VT)

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Introduction

Hello All,

I live in Morristown, NJ area and simply want to introduce myself and send out some feelers. I am a serious car/motorcycle enthusiast who has always admired the air-cooled Porsche 911s since the father of one of my high school girlfriends took us for a ride in his 80s era 911 cabriolet. Since then I taught myself how to wrench on nearly everything out there from dirtbikes to two-stroke diesel engines. I worked in the field for 7 years after a year at Penn State did not interest me and I missed the hands-on aspect of life. I first spent 4 years painting cars & motorcycles and moved on to diesel mechanics and fabrication. After realizing I did not have the resources to open my own custom vehicle shop and not wanting to work for someone else as a wrench; I went back to school and got my bachelors in M.E. and masters in Engineering Management. I am almost done rebuilding our home and got the approval from the wife to pull the trigger on my dream car. I am now in my mid 30s with two children of my own with a garage & lift & want to find a ruby red late 70s or 80s targa Porsche 911. Ideally I would like to find something that hits all my criteria & I just missed out on the BAT car that sold last week. My budget is $25k-30k but would love to find one with engine troubles or something so I can rebuild engine to my liking. Thank you very much for your time and I look forward to join the community.
Old 09-05-2018, 05:36 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)
Administrator

Garage
Hello and welcome to the forum Evan. You've definitely come to the right forum, as our community is filled with an immense amount of knowledge and assistance. I would suggest posting a WTB ad in our Classified section (link below); detailing exactly what you're looking for and I'm sure one of our members will point you in the right direction. Once you get your car, check out our site's DIY tech articles for assistance on repairs and maintenance. Hope this helps you a bit and best of luck! Let us know if you have any questions or if we can assist with any future part needs.

Porsche Cars Wanted

DIY Technical Articles
Old 09-06-2018, 12:50 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Excellent. Thank you very much!
Old 09-07-2018, 09:28 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: