Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Miscellaneous and Off Topic Forums > Off Topic Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply
Slackerous Maximus

Incredible reverb for guitar...or anything else.

I'm a synthesizer nerd. Colleague at work is a guitar guy. We have fun trying to get the other to invest in some crazy piece of gear.

Which brings us to the Empress reverb pedal. Absolutely mind blowing. My buddy bought it, and let me take it home for a few days to play with. I cannot heap enough superlatives on this thing. Best sounding straight up reverb I have ever heard. But the built in 'alternative' algorithms are mind blowing. Instantly expressive, intuitive. This thing is following you around, and trying to make you around great.

Yeah, its $ for a pedal, but if you want to skip the BS, and go for the (IMHO) best, this is it.

https://empresseffects.com/products/reverb

(Strymon Big Sky is damn close, but I think the empress is better)
Old 06-28-2018, 08:52 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)
least common denominator

Thanks, bookmarked, I have some old Fender tube amps that sound great but no onboard effects.
Old 06-29-2018, 11:25 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

I'm a bass player. What is "reverb" and what are "pedals?"
Old 06-29-2018, 05:28 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)
A Marchand fan before you

Garage
If you want to get a really cool sound, hook up a reverb in line with a phase shifter and a digital delay. The three will create whole new sounds in a zillion combinations so you can create your own signature sounds. I used to do this with Boss pedals and a 12 string acoustic.
Old 06-29-2018, 07:02 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

Old 06-29-2018, 07:29 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)
Never left, but not right

Some of Link Wray's work had reverb and he was more or less ahead of the time for what was to become later. No algorithms though.
Old 07-02-2018, 08:34 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

Garage
I'm OK with my amp's reverb. I was playing with a buddy last weekend and we decided to play some Smashing Pumpkins stuff, so I broke out my old Big Muff pedal. It's pretty decent, but not perfect (and I love some good Siamese Dream tone) so I went looking for a better fuzz pedal online and found out that the one I have is somewhat rare/collectible. I have what is known as a "tall font Electro-Harmonix/Sovtek" Big Muff. I bought it from the original owner around 1997 for $50. It's now worth about $600. I never would have guessed.
22/29 torsions, 22/22 adjustable sways, Carrera brakes
Old 07-02-2018, 08:50 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)
cycling has-been

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeke View Post
Some of Link Wray's work had reverb and he was more or less ahead of the time for what was to become later. No algorithms though.

Some of Dwayne Eddy's work had reverb and he was more or less ahead of the time for what was to become later. No algorithms though.
Sorry If I'm dating myself.
Old 07-03-2018, 07:27 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #8 (permalink)
Deplorable Member

Garage
I like "Beer" mode.

Black Cars Matter
Old 07-03-2018, 07:32 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #9 (permalink)
least common denominator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superman View Post
I'm a bass player. What is "reverb" and what are "pedals?"
Try a bass chorus pedal and you will be hooked.
Old 07-03-2018, 01:40 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #10 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: