Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Miscellaneous and Off Topic Forums > Off Topic Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 1.00 average.
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Lake Louise Tea House, who's been there

I am off to Calgary in a couple days with the family. I have always wanted to take that hike to the tea house, have a sandwich and a cup of coffee and return. I dragged my wife half way across that lake in the winter. It is the prettiest place, I think. Is the trail or the tea house crowded during the summer months? This is not the far one, no 4 or 5 mile hike. My wife and kids will push me off the cliff if its that far.
Old 07-25-2018, 10:22 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)
A Man of Wealth and Taste

No...

But I have had high Tea at the Empress Hotel in Victoria...pass the cucumber sandwiches please.
Old 07-25-2018, 11:06 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Hey Tabby, the Empress Hotel is in another Provence
Old 07-25-2018, 11:30 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Haven't been to the tea house, but I will never forget the honeymoon there. Such a spectacular place.

Enjoy!
Old 07-26-2018, 02:51 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)
914-6Werkshop

went to the tea house a couple years ago with my wife.I liked the hike better than the tea house but if it's something you want to do, do it. Bring a jacket. It can be warm on the lake and cold up top. The nicer the weather, the busier the tea house.
Old 07-26-2018, 04:29 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

We're going for Labor Day and towing a 24' camper trailer behind our Cayenne. We're finishing up the trailer remodel and really excited to check all that out, especially the hike at Larches Valley. Hoping our senior rescue dog is up to it.

www.instagram.com/patrickossenkop
Old 07-26-2018, 04:37 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

Back in the saddle again

Quote:
Originally Posted by look 171 View Post
Hey Tabby, the Empress Hotel is in another Provence
He doesn't care. He's just trying to impress us with how amazing he is.
'08 Boxster RS60 Spyder #0099/1960
- never named a car before, but this is Charlotte.
'88 targa SOLD 2004 - gone but not forgotten
Old 07-26-2018, 04:55 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)

Made it about 2/3 of the way to Plain Of Six Glaciers Tea House but was a cold rainy day. The weather was starting to improve by the time we made it back to the lake. The Lake Agnes Tea House would have been a better choice to hike on that day.

Last edited by Jolly Amaranto; 07-26-2018 at 05:16 AM..
Old 07-26-2018, 05:05 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #8 (permalink)

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Merk View Post
We're going for Labor Day and towing a 24' camper trailer behind our Cayenne. We're finishing up the trailer remodel and really excited to check all that out, especially the hike at Larches Valley. Hoping our senior rescue dog is up to it.
Do you mean Larch Valley? If so it has been a few years since being there. Went with the wife and there was a warden who paired us up with four others due to bears in the area. The four others were all lawyers and they tried to ditch me and take my wife. Their conversation was all about court cases they were fighting. That did not detract from the beauty of Larch Valley. I believe we were there in fall when the fall colors of the larches were the best.

CP/Empress hotels seem to have cornered the market on English style teas. Overpriced but probably good though. I have walked through the Victoria and the Lake Louise hotels. Lake Louise Empress hotel setting is spectacular. There is a short walk along the length of the lake.

We prefer to visit Banff and Jasper area in September as there are a lot less tourists then. Jasper is generally quieter than Banff area but they are both attractive.

Would suggest carrying bear spray particularly if you go in the back country trails.
Old 07-26-2018, 05:39 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #9 (permalink)

Yes it's nice. This is a cool app for the area https://gypsyguide.com/.
PCA E Stock #278
Old 07-26-2018, 06:25 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #10 (permalink)
It'll be legen-waitforit

Do you mean lake Agnes tea house? Itís a moderate hike about 2 hours. The weather here has been off and on all week, really hot or raining with hail, so come prepared for any weather.

Another good option is Banff gondola, or Jasper sky walk

Here is info on the hike: https://www.banfflakelouise.com/hiking/tea-houses
Old 07-26-2018, 07:19 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #11 (permalink)
aka 'vageen'

Garage
There are actually 2 tea houses. I have been to one of them. This is not a difficult hike. My 5 year old could do it in crocks carrying a naked Barbie...
Yoosta have: 90 C4 Targa, 87 944, 73 911 ChumpCar endurance racer - featured in May-June & July-Aug 2016 Classic Porsche
Old 07-26-2018, 11:25 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #12 (permalink)
least common denominator

Quote:
Originally Posted by look 171 View Post
I am off to Calgary in a couple days with the family. I have always wanted to take that hike to the tea house, have a sandwich and a cup of coffee and return.
Cofee? COFFEE!?! Philistine!
Old 07-26-2018, 11:52 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #13 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by unclebilly View Post
There are actually 2 tea houses. I have been to one of them. This is not a difficult hike. My 5 year old could do it in crocks carrying a naked Barbie...
The easy walk is the one I like to go due to lack of time in Calgary so I have to make every moment count. My kids haven't been to too many parts of the city so I like them to see it then there's the dinners and lunches with the relatives.

How's the weather up there? It should be in the high 70s, low 80s? No rain and sunshine until 10 oclock
Old 07-26-2018, 04:20 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #14 (permalink)
Band.

Send a message via AIM to Gogar
Quote:
Originally Posted by masraum View Post
He doesn't care. He's just trying to impress us with how amazing he is.
Yeah stop messing up Tab's reply with that silly low-grade OP.
1973 Honda CB350F
Old 07-26-2018, 04:25 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #15 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: