Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Miscellaneous and Off Topic Forums > Off Topic Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

I think the shop is going to have to wait for awhile. I need to get the downstairs bathroom floor replaced, plumbing moved, and put up walls/ceiling, and at least get the toilet installed before Thanksgiving...we usually have 8-12 people over for a big meal.

Yeterday, we bought most of the components/fixtures for the bathroom;
-30" barn door, dark wood vanity with sink top
-30" barn door mathing vanity mirror
-rubbed brass sink faucet/drain
-matching rubbed brass shower head/controls
-glass shower entry doors on hinges
-2 LED recessed can light fixtures
-Roll of vinyl flooring to match the shower tiles.
-stone look 12"x12" shower tiles
-60" open walk in shower base
-new "Tall" toilet with the solf lowering seat

We plan do DIY the entire thing, so the shop may be put on the back burner for now
Old 11-05-2018, 06:25 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #41 (permalink)

On Saturday, we did order the 12 wedge bolts we need to mount the 2 post lift into the concrete, just now sure when I will get to that.
Old 11-05-2018, 06:27 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #42 (permalink)

I actually got my new air compressor plumbed up properly, and running. I also was able to get two old outlets operating out of the new junction box, by re-routing some existing wire.

Cold weather is setting here with the chance of now tomorrow morning, so the fingers get cold quickly trying to fumble with hand tools in an unheated space.
Old 11-08-2018, 08:42 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #43 (permalink)

I have been working on the downstairs bathroom slowly.

Old 12-28-2018, 07:54 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #44 (permalink)

Between working full time, doing other, urgent projects, going to Jamaica for 8 days, and the holidaze, I haven't been able to do much on my man cave, but have made a little progress on my newly handicap accessible bathroom.

Hoping to get the shower hooked up tomorrow, and the vanity/sink installed within a few days.
Old 12-28-2018, 07:58 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #45 (permalink)

Garage
ditto, working full time really slows down a building project

progress is progress and just one job done is one less to do
1994 Toyota 4Runner Gen 2
Old 12-29-2018, 01:44 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #46 (permalink)

Garage
Don't you hate it when work gets in the way of stuff?

https://www.flickr.com/photos/ury914/
Old 12-29-2018, 02:06 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #47 (permalink)

Today, my wife and I got the backhoe, (and shovels) out to dig up a leaking water line in her horse barn, lots of hand shovel work to prevent damaging the existing line, and 15 bags of drainage gravel (750#) to prevent it from freezing 42" deep......I left nice muddy ruts in the yard hauling the stone in, but now, i'm ready for bed !

I did get the bathroom shower supply lines, and drain plumbed in , and the shower surround centered, and installed. The sink/vanity is next, then the mirror, overhead light, and painting.
Old 12-29-2018, 05:48 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #48 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by URY914 View Post
Don't you hate it when work gets in the way of stuff?
I often joke, that I have to go to work to relax...not far from the truth !
Old 12-29-2018, 05:49 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #49 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckelly78z View Post
I often joke, that I have to go to work to relax...not far from the truth !
You mean where people actually listen to you, act with a sense of urgency and donít ask you to wipe them?
Old 12-30-2018, 03:26 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #50 (permalink)

Between awful weather, many other inside projects, and having the flu for the last week or so, I sure haven't gotten much done, but I did plumb the new Quincy air compressor, and hung a Dewalt 50' 3/8" hose reel, and have used it many times. I got two of these hose reels that were clearenced for 50% off.

https://www.amazon.com/DeWalt-DXCM024-0374-Single-Hose-Rubber/dp/B079V7DY4S
Old 03-19-2019, 09:10 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #51 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: