Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Miscellaneous and Off Topic Forums > Off Topic Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply
aka 'vageen'

Garage
Another mass shooting... this time in France

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-46535552

Muslim gunman opened fire in a Christmas market. Gunman was on a terrorist watch list.
Yoosta have: 90 C4 Targa, 87 944, 73 911 ChumpCar endurance racer - featured in May-June & July-Aug 2016 Classic Porsche
Old 12-13-2018, 12:21 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)
Groucho Marxist

Garage
What will it take for people to wake up?

Francis Bacon
Old 12-13-2018, 08:35 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)
Registered ConfUser

The religion of peace and love. Go figure.

Must have been the guns fault.
Old 12-13-2018, 08:42 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chocaholic View Post
The religion of peace and love. Go figure.

Must have been the guns fault.
How can it be the gun's fault? Doesn't France have strict gun control laws?
Old 12-13-2018, 08:54 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)
Open Highway Productions

Another False Flag event... Move along nothing to see here!
Old 12-13-2018, 08:54 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

Garage
This post has a lot of the PARF touch points - gun rights, religion, foreigners. Can you post this stuff in PARF and chum the waters there first?
‘95 900ss
Old 12-13-2018, 09:00 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by unclebilly View Post
https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-46535552

Muslim gunman opened fire in a Christmas market. Gunman was on a terrorist watch list.
Quote:
The suspect had a string of criminal convictions and had become a radical Islamist while in prison...............

..........the man had shouted "Allahu Akbar" ("God is greatest") as he opened fire.
Sounds like France has similar issues to our country.

Conversion to Islam in U.S. prisons
Quote:
Conversion to Islam in U.S. prisons refers to the higher rate of conversion to Islam in American prisons, for which there are a number of factors...........

The US prison population is 9 percent Muslim[2] (compared to 1 percent for the general population).
Should be in PARF.

Supreme Court upholds religious rights of prisoners
https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2015/01/20/supreme-court-prisoner-beard-muslim-religion/19916823/
Quote:
A law passed by Congress in 2000 was intended to protect prisoners' religious rights, much like the Religious Freedom Restoration Act of 1993 was meant to protect religious freedom in general.
George, Architect

Last edited by kach22i; 12-13-2018 at 09:35 AM..
Old 12-13-2018, 09:31 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yorkie View Post
This post has a lot of the PARF touch points - gun rights, religion, foreigners. Can you post this stuff in PARF and chum the waters there first?
indeed. polarized audience for sure. incredibly sad news and outcome related to an immigrant. but in terms of shootings... way, way behind the US. they know that but ignore it.
Old 12-13-2018, 09:55 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #8 (permalink)
=VLOOKUP(val,tab,col,rng)

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by peteremsley View Post
indeed. polarized audience for sure. incredibly sad news and outcome related to an immigrant. but in terms of shootings... way, way behind the US. they know that but ignore it.
Should be zero. You ignore that as well.

rjp
Old 12-13-2018, 10:05 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RANDY P View Post
Should be zero. You ignore that as well.

rjp
no - zero would be great... any suggestions? more guns perhaps?
Old 12-13-2018, 10:13 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #10 (permalink)

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by peteremsley View Post
no - zero would be great... any suggestions? more guns perhaps?
Yes, deport terrorists, limit immigration and arm your citizens.

rjp
Old 12-13-2018, 10:17 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #11 (permalink)

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tobra View Post
What will it take for people to wake up?
You have followers of a religion (literally) killing themselves to kill us- but yet, they open the borders to these people who have figured out that lying about their intent allows them to come in.

Oh and on guns- does anyone in the USA seriously think our citizens would comply with confiscation? IDGAF about what they do in Europe or Australia- they want to be victims waiting for the police to save them- fine

- but here, in the USA I say it's a fool's errand to think people would comply- so with that said, why would legislation abolishing guns work?

I don't see anyone complying- do you?

rjp
Old 12-13-2018, 10:23 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #12 (permalink)
Get off my lawn!

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by RANDY P View Post
You have followers of a religion (literally) killing themselves to kill us- but yet, they open the borders to these people who have figured out that lying about their intent allows them to come in.

Oh and on guns- does anyone in the USA seriously think our citizens would comply with confiscation? IDGAF about what they do in Europe or Australia- they want to be victims waiting for the police to save them- fine

- but here, in the USA I say it's a fool's errand to think people would comply- so with that said, why would legislation abolishing guns work?

I don't see anyone complying- do you?

rjp
Not until the 2nd amendment is repealed. That will happen right after the 1st amendment is repealed, and the rest of the constitution is repealed.
1986 El Camino with Fuel Injected 350 Crate Engine
My Motto: I will never be too old to have a happy childhood!
Old 12-13-2018, 10:29 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #13 (permalink)

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by GH85Carrera View Post
Not until the 2nd amendment is repealed. That will happen right after the 1st amendment is repealed, and the rest of the constitution is repealed.
Yep, pretty much.

Oh and next time we're attacked (like 9/11) sales go thru the roof and this nation turns RED.

rjp
Old 12-13-2018, 10:32 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #14 (permalink)
Did you get the memo?

RIP to those killed, it's always so damn sad to see something so innocent turn so ugly.

Considering the motivations of the attackers, I'm really surprised this doesn't happen more often. Christmas is the most important day of the year for Christians, you would think anything related to Christmas would be a tempting target.
Old 12-13-2018, 11:37 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #15 (permalink)

Garage
I wonder how much all this surveillance intel really costs us?

Now, open the borders, make the job harder.

rjp
Old 12-13-2018, 11:39 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #16 (permalink)

Garage
Not that this is not tragic. But, considering the amount of people that have moved into the EU from Middle East war zones, it's amazing there has not been more problems.

Yahoo reporting gunman killed by police.

Last edited by crb07; 12-13-2018 at 02:21 PM..
Old 12-13-2018, 02:13 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #17 (permalink)

The nutjob camel ****er is dead, cops shot him.

That's a shame.
Old 12-13-2018, 03:34 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #18 (permalink)

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by crb07 View Post
Not that this is not tragic. But, considering the amount of people that have moved into the EU from Middle East war zones, it's amazing there has not been more problems.

Yahoo reporting gunman killed by police.
I think there has already been enough trouble over there as it is but don’t think that the majority of refugees from the ME are terrorists. Most are actually trying to save their families from death. One of the guys I work with is Syrian. Totally tragic situation for his family left behind.
‘95 900ss
Old 12-13-2018, 06:47 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #19 (permalink)
Groucho Marxist

Garage
nobody thinks the majority of them are

Francis Bacon
Old 12-13-2018, 08:00 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #20 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: