Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Miscellaneous and Off Topic Forums > Off Topic Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

The Perfect Dress Shirts are on Sale

There have been a few threads discussing the best dress and business casual shirts. My strong preference if for Brooks Brothers' slim (Regent) fit non-iron Oxford. The come in four cuts (regular, slim, extra slim large) and they fit to the precise inch, not 33/34 like most brands. A 34 inch sleeve is a 34 inch sleeve, a 16 inch neck is precisely a 16 inch neck. In my humble opinion if you measure yourself correctly and order the right fit, they are as good as custom, with the quality that can only be matched by a large scale premium retailer.

They are on sale now only now through the 27th where if you order four shirts they are 40 percent off plus another 15 percent off. End price is about $46 a shirt, which is almost half off. It's a tremendous deal. If you're looking for dress or causal button shirts, now is the time to get them.

https://www.brooksbrothers.com/on/demandware.store/Sites-brooksbrothers-Site/default/Home-Show?cmp=ppc_us_msn_branded_S_B_A_Brand&msclkid=1fb3e3824d4a1096a9f1bfa0e8ae9360&utm_source=bing&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=S_B_A_Brand&utm_term=brooks%20brothers&utm_content=Brooks%20Brothers%20Exact&gclid=CNnhxf76u98CFfmDxQIdfSgO4A&gclsrc=ds
Old 12-25-2018, 12:51 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)
G'day!

Garage
Thanks for the head's up MRM!

If you don't mind me adding to your thread....if anyone is looking for a casual thermal top......I have been wearing one of these lately and it's the most comfy l/s casual shirt I think I've ever worn. It is NOT super heavy material that feels "too thick"...the feel is very light, which I prefer than some of the "thicker" type materials in a l/s shirt:

(From Kohls) Men's G.H. Bass Classic-Fit Mountain Fleece Soft-Touch Crewneck Top

On sale now for $22.49/ ea.
Old 12-25-2018, 01:05 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Pile on, Baz! We might as well expand the thread to include all recommendations for good quality clothes on limited time post-Christmas sales. Keep them coming!
Old 12-25-2018, 01:09 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)
Misunderstood User

Garage
BB is my go to dress shirt too.

1983 944n/a
2003 Mercedes CLK 500 - totaled. Sanwiched on the Kennedy Expressway
Old 12-25-2018, 01:16 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)
A Man of Wealth and Taste

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRM View Post
There have been a few threads discussing the best dress and business casual shirts. My strong preference if for Brooks Brothers' slim (Regent) fit non-iron Oxford. The come in four cuts (regular, slim, extra slim large) and they fit to the precise inch, not 33/34 like most brands. A 34 inch sleeve is a 34 inch sleeve, a 16 inch neck is precisely a 16 inch neck. In my humble opinion if you measure yourself correctly and order the right fit, they are as good as custom, with the quality that can only be matched by a large scale premium retailer.

They are on sale now only now through the 27th where if you order four shirts they are 40 percent off plus another 15 percent off. End price is about $46 a shirt, which is almost half off. It's a tremendous deal. If you're looking for dress or causal button shirts, now is the time to get them.

https://www.brooksbrothers.com/on/demandware.store/Sites-brooksbrothers-Site/default/Home-Show?cmp=ppc_us_msn_branded_S_B_A_Brand&msclkid=1fb3e3824d4a1096a9f1bfa0e8ae9360&utm_source=bing&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=S_B_A_Brand&utm_term=brooks%20brothers&utm_content=Brooks%20Brothers%20Exact&gclid=CNnhxf76u98CFfmDxQIdfSgO4A&gclsrc=ds
I get em for $5 at the Thrift store...

CITIZEN TABS

WWW.RADIOTABS.COM
Old 12-25-2018, 02:11 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

Garage
Send a message via AIM to vash
Very similar shirt on sake at Banana Republic. I grabbed a small stack for my upcoming roadshow. Wore and washed one. It came out perfect from the dryer. $30 ea.

Love the inventor of the wrinkle free cloth.
Old 12-25-2018, 02:24 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tabs View Post
I get em for $5 at the Thrift store...
Awesome Tab’s! I’ll take 8 point collar slim fits in solid white, a half dozen white button downs, a half dozen each of button down and point collar basic blues, a half dozen ecru, three point collar and three button down. Add in a dozen mixed patterns whites, either point colllars or button down. All in a precise 16 36. No noticeable wear, because I like my shirts nice and I keep them forever so they need to be like new when I buy them. Since you get them at $5 a shirt, I’ll give you a generous 100% markup and pay you ten bucks per shirt. You’ll pick up shipping, of course, since BB eats shipping for me and we want to keep it apples to apples. It only took me 10 minutes on the web sore to order brand new shirts in the exact sizes, styles and colors I wanted from the official web site. I should have asked you in the beginning and saved all that time and effort. I could have spent that time looking for shirts on income-producing files, but since you’re supplying an infinity of like new BB shirts in my exact sizes and styles, I was wasting mytime! Send them all in one package and save on shipping. I don’t meant to gouge you.

Last edited by MRM; 12-25-2018 at 03:21 PM..
Old 12-25-2018, 03:17 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)
G'day!

Garage
Lol......
Old 12-25-2018, 03:28 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #8 (permalink)
Actual Porsche owner

Garage
All good to know, but since I retired I wear my tee shirts inside out half the time and don’t bother matching my socks.
Old 12-25-2018, 04:12 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #9 (permalink)
OFF THE BOOST PIPE NOW...

Looking good, Baz!

Post that in the selfie thread!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baz View Post

On sale now for $22.49/ ea.
Old 12-25-2018, 05:50 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #10 (permalink)
G'day!

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by A930Rocket View Post
Looking good, Baz!

Post that in the selfie thread!

You forgot the green font, sir!
Old 12-25-2018, 08:40 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #11 (permalink)
Gon fix it with me hammer

Garage
I pick up my shirts in Saville Row whenever I'm in London :P
Old 12-25-2018, 10:26 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #12 (permalink)

durn for'ner

I pick up my skirts in Edinburgh.

Carrera '85
Old 12-26-2018, 12:01 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #13 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRM View Post
Awesome Tabís! Iíll take 8 point collar slim fits in solid white, a half dozen white button downs, a half dozen each of button down and point collar basic blues, a half dozen ecru, three point collar and three button down. Add in a dozen mixed patterns whites, either point colllars or button down. All in a precise 16 36. No noticeable wear, because I like my shirts nice and I keep them forever so they need to be like new when I buy them. Since you get them at $5 a shirt, Iíll give you a generous 100% markup and pay you ten bucks per shirt. Youíll pick up shipping, of course, since BB eats shipping for me and we want to keep it apples to apples. It only took me 10 minutes on the web sore to order brand new shirts in the exact sizes, styles and colors I wanted from the official web site. I should have asked you in the beginning and saved all that time and effort. I could have spent that time looking for shirts on income-producing files, but since youíre supplying an infinity of like new BB shirts in my exact sizes and styles, I was wasting mytime! Send them all in one package and save on shipping. I donít meant to gouge you.
Well ain't you the little lord Fauntroy, I ain't at your beck and call. You are not special...you pay the freight just like all the other saps.
Old 12-26-2018, 12:27 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #14 (permalink)
Cogito Ergo Sum

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by wdfifteen View Post
All good to know, but since I retired I wear my tee shirts inside out half the time and donít bother matching my socks.
Hell im not retired and this is my wardrobe.... the joys of working at a tech company.
Old 12-26-2018, 08:09 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #15 (permalink)
another round please

Quote:
Originally Posted by livi View Post
I pick up my skirts in Edinburgh.
I pick up my shirts from the floor.
Old 12-26-2018, 09:33 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #16 (permalink)

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by tabs View Post
Well ain't you the little lord Fauntroy, I ain't at your beck and call. You are not special...you pay the freight just like all the other saps.
No, his point was that if you're serious about $5 thrift store shirts, you are ignoring opportunity cost of spending hours and weeks of legwork going back and forth finding the needle in the haystack (size, color, fit, condition, etc) In the end, you are paying $100's of dollars for that "$5" shirt.
Old 12-26-2018, 11:41 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #17 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sugarwood View Post
No, his point was that if you're serious about $5 thrift store shirts, you are ignoring opportunity cost of spending hours and weeks of legwork going back and forth finding the needle in the haystack (size, color, fit, condition, etc) In the end, you are paying $100's of dollars for that "$5" shirt.

Donít forget that he is picking up those Dragon assed jeans on the same trip so his opportunity cost is further reduced!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

'83 SC Targa - since 5/5/2001
'06 911 S Aerokit - from 5/2/2016 to 11/14/2018
Old 12-26-2018, 12:20 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #18 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sugarwood View Post
You havn't been to the Thrifts in this town...you can find Brioni and Zegna clothing, Tom Ford Croc shoes, Par West bespoke Alligator golf shoes, Mantellassi shoes among a host of others...Now that level of stuff is harder to find but it does show up. The lessor stuff like BB etc show up regularly. Bally, Salvatore Ferragamo, Bruno Magli, AE have become more or less ohhhhh welll..

I have so many pairs of high end shirts, shoes. jackets and pants that I don't want anymore.. I found 12 pairs of Zanella Italian wool slacks that fit on one rack for $6 ea...they start at 300 a pair..I recently found a Yves St Laurent mens lamb skin trench coat for $5...that retails out for 7K.

I have 1000 high end Italian ties...Brioni, Zegna, Vuitton, Kitton, Stefano Richi...Vitali Pancaldi, Hermes, Armani, Tom Ford, RL Purple Label, even a Lamborghini tie avg price about $2.65. I found 50 Zenga and Brioni ties on one rack..

I found a large painting by a French Artist by the name of Marchand for 129...auction records indicate in the hood of 5K. I have found quite a bit of heavy French copper cookware & La Creuset cast iron ...All Clad is another ohhh well brand...

I really like Sutor Mantellassi shoes, the construction is second to none... Bally Scribes, John McAfee, vintage American Florsheim Imperials, American Classic Foot Joy both golf and street...Vtg American Cole Haan, Hannover Cordovan ..and French Shriner...

CITIZEN TABS

WWW.RADIOTABS.COM
Old 12-26-2018, 12:57 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #19 (permalink)
Bill Stickers is innocent

I have been buying that BB regent shirt for a few years now. I used to go with the classic JW Nordstrom label dress shirt, but the Regent just fits me better. And there is a BB across the street from my office.

I need to replace a couple suits and I'm considering BB. My dad used to buy them there and they always seemed great quality, but just a little too conservative. Maybe that has changed...or I've just gotten older. Any opinion on BB suits?
Old 12-26-2018, 01:14 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #20 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: