Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Miscellaneous and Off Topic Forums > Off Topic Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

I use the hand crank one. Had the other and didn't really like it. The whip hoses give out and slowly leak, but they're cheap. I don't ever leave anything in the shop pressurized if I'm not around.
2000 K1200rs (gone, due to above)
Old 01-04-2019, 06:12 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #21 (permalink)
MBruns for President

Garage
I've had the Northern Tool version for about 12 years and it has been flawless
Old 01-04-2019, 06:21 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #22 (permalink)
The Mighty Pieholio

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyle O View Post
Big warning, though: the hose it came with was junk. After a year or two it kept cracking/splitting (and leaking), especially at the business ends. Ended up replacing it with a Goodyear hose I bought elsewhere; been great ever since. Maybe the hose they offer now is better...
Doubt it. Rubber. I have replaced mine twice in 15 years with the same old hose. Definite failure at the business end like you say over a not so long period of time.

You can extend life with a hose cut off of five inches and worm gear clamp but the best bet is to drop the coin for a premium hose and be done for a long while.
Old 01-04-2019, 05:59 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #23 (permalink)
Brew Master

Garage
They just had the 50' reel (black with red hose) on sale for $59 so I snagged two! I have one installed and I'm trying to figure out where to put the other. I was getting tired of my hand cranked hose reel and remembered this thread. Went online and saw they had them on sale.
Old 02-20-2019, 07:25 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #24 (permalink)
Too big to fail

Garage
Send a message via AIM to widebody911 Send a message via Yahoo to widebody911
I've had 2 of these for close to 15 years - no issues. I also have one of the bigger ones.

The original hoses gave out long ago, and I replaced them with the nice Goodyear hoses that HF used to sell; the hoses they sell now are garbage. When the time comes to replace it, I'm going with Goodyear Pliovic hose.

Various VWs
Old 02-20-2019, 07:45 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #25 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: