Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Miscellaneous and Off Topic Forums > Off Topic Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 3.00 average.
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply
Nice guy eddie

Garage
Might need a hand in San Jose:

Looking at a car up there, was going to drive up today and couldn't make it. I have a PPI tentatively scheduled for tomorrow, I'm considering just sending the guy the $$ but need a 3rd party to put eyes on the car/title/owner.

I will reward you.
Old 01-08-2019, 02:35 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)
Never left, but not right

Funny, my "Carrera "'R'" came from SJ. Whatchu buyin?
Old 01-08-2019, 02:57 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)
Registered Cruiser

You find an E36?

I have never really completely understood anything.
Old 01-08-2019, 03:01 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)
Registered Cruiser

Would love to see it and it would tie off your E36 thread off nicely.

Old 01-08-2019, 03:08 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

Where is it? What make/model/other info.
If it is e.g. a 3.2 then .... I know some things but of course not everything.
Old 01-08-2019, 04:02 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)
Leadfoot Geezer

What area of SJ? When does this need to happen?
Old 01-08-2019, 04:06 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

Might be able to help depending on details. If it is an E36 M3, I have one.

For PPI of such a car, my top choice would be my friend who is a top level BMW master tech in semi-retirement. For a "friend" I might be able to talk him into it. His retirement shop is in Gilroy right next to Motive (the brake bleeder people-- they are also in the network).

Close to SJ, my top choice is this place:

About | Bavarian Motorsport

Heavy ties to Golden Gate 'CCA and excellent people. Ramon and Nicole are top notch, and Nicole's husband and BIL run a top racing fab shop in Campbell. That shop has lots of experience with BMW's as well. Extensive BMW network up here.

Not as big as my Porsche network however (that now includes a super-enthusiast former F1 engineer in Spain)!
Porsche Racing Club #4
BMWCCA
NASA
Old 01-08-2019, 04:08 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)
Nice guy eddie

Garage
Hey guys, thanks a lot. I think I've got it handled thanks to the never ending reach of this board.

I'll give you all some more details if it goes down but I'm superstitious about sharing in advance.
Old 01-08-2019, 04:57 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #8 (permalink)
Registered Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by speeder View Post
Hey guys, thanks a lot. I think I've got it handled thanks to the never ending reach of this board.

I'll give you all some more details if it goes down but I'm superstitious about sharing in advance.
Thought you might be. If I found a good one, I'd be tight-lipped too until I wrapped it up.

Old 01-08-2019, 05:01 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #9 (permalink)
Cogito Ergo Sum

Garage
Call syncroid and have him do the PPI at his shop. Two birds one stone...
Old 01-08-2019, 08:24 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #10 (permalink)
Driver, not Mechanic

Didn't see this until today. I'm in San Jose. 408 3 oh 7 oh oh three 8.
Old 01-09-2019, 10:37 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #11 (permalink)
not as smart as I think

I second Sydney. I can also offer a hand if necessary...although I am likely not the most qualified.
Old 01-09-2019, 06:41 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #12 (permalink)

Nice guy eddie

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by porsche4life View Post
Call syncroid and have him do the PPI at his shop. Two birds one stone...
Did this and actually had it arranged before this post. Good shop and advice.

I passed on the car this morning, it was a 997. This car:

https://sfbay.craigslist.org/sby/cto/d/saratoga-2011-porsche-911-carrera/6787228211.html

If anyone has serious interest, PM me and I'll share what I know and the results of the PPI. It has potential but in the end, its issues and the dollars did not work for me.
Old 01-10-2019, 09:30 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #13 (permalink)
Thread Killer

I take it the issues can't be covered by the warranty that's still on it?
Old 01-10-2019, 09:59 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #14 (permalink)
Nice guy eddie

Garage
No. They are condition and needed maintenance items. That warrantee is probably not transferrable again anyway, but I never got that far w it.
Old 01-10-2019, 10:31 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #15 (permalink)
Cars and Cappuccino

Garage
Help loading up a National Championship trophy from Levi's Stadium? I might fly out to help.

GO TIGERS!

(Now back to our regularly scheduled programming. Free Bump)
1977 Mexico Blue flared, 3.2, back date, sunroof-delete Coupe - in process.
1972 Black T coupe to Longhood Turbo R5 tribute car (someday)
Old 01-10-2019, 10:35 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #16 (permalink)
Did you get the memo?

Not a bad price for a 997.2. Which I'm sure is why you were looking.
Old 01-10-2019, 11:22 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #17 (permalink)
Driver, not Mechanic

Dang. Must've been pretty serious issues to pass. I also saw that ad, and local to boot... Maybe another year or two with my Cayenne and I will sell it to get a 997.2S...
Old 01-10-2019, 07:09 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #18 (permalink)
Nice guy eddie

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by wildthing View Post
Dang. Must've been pretty serious issues to pass. I also saw that ad, and local to boot... Maybe another year or two with my Cayenne and I will sell it to get a 997.2S...
Meant to call you back but wound up turning around and driving home. The combination of things the car immediately needs, (tires/brakes/misc), and general condition puts it within shouting distance of one w lower mile that is cleaner. I know that people want a lot of $$ for this model but they are also VERY mileage dependent in terms of price. Every 10k miles seems to be several thousand dollars.

If this car was local to me, it would have cost me nothing to go look at it. As it was, it cost me a lot. That's life. I have a DME/over-rev readout on it that I paid for if any Pelican is serious about it and is looking at the car.
Old 01-11-2019, 08:00 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #19 (permalink)
Driver, not Mechanic

No worries. Good luck with the search.

I just found my old thread before I got the Cayenne: The Ten Thousand Dollar Sport Sedan

Maybe back to looking for an E36? MB E55? Jag XJR?
Old 01-11-2019, 02:36 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #20 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: