Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Miscellaneous and Off Topic Forums > Off Topic Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Garage
Heartbroken Man Crashes Into Porsche Dealership

A Porsche dealership in east Toronto got an unpleasant surprise late Monday night. A Toyota Yaris crashed through the dealership's front window and its alleged driver, 20-year-old Rakhmatullo Sotvoldiyev , vandalized several other cars inside. Police say it was because of a bad breakup, but man, the good cars don't deserve this. Several Porsches in the showroom were damaged in the incident, the most noticeable of which was a Panamera that was directly in front of the Yaris. According to the City News, the driver revved the Yaris' engine and roasted its tires after smashing through the window, filling the showroom with burnout smoke. After a full smoke-screen was achieved, he then got out of the car and wrote on several cars with a permanent marker.

"It seems to be motivated by his recent relationship breakup,” Toronto Police Staff Sgt. Dan Hoffmeyer told the Toronto Star. “After he drove in, he exited his vehicle and did some graffiti on some Porsches he didn’t hit. Some of the graffiti he put on cars was in relation to that. ‘I’ll show you’ — I don’t know what he intended to show this person.” Another tag on a 718 Cayman had the woman's name "Eve" on it. It is unknown whether Eve is his ex's name. A dealership employee who spoke with the suspect told the City News that Sotvoldiyev said, "I’m just having a bad day." A security guard working at the dealership told City News that he and a cleaner working in the dealership that evening were able to hold the suspect until police arrived. That didn't take long, as a police division headquarters is directly across the street. "Someone called it in, but I think our front desk people who were here, they actually heard it as well," Hoffmeyer told the Toronto Star.

No one was injured in the incident but three cars were damaged, per the City News. Police were called to the dealership at around 11 p.m. on Monday, and Sotvoldiyev was taken into custody. According to police, the crash was deliberate and resulted in $25,000 in damage to the building as well between $50,000 and $75,000 to the cars on the showroom floor. Sotvoldiyev will likely be charged with dangerous operation of a vehicle plus multiple mischief charges.

Police also don't believe that Sotvoldiyev held any particular animosity towards Porsches, either. "[The crash was] literally around the corner from our station. Two hundred feet, maybe,” Hoffmeyer told the Toronto Star. “I believe his whole motivation was to spend some time with the police. I think he wanted to make a statement, and he wanted to spend time here with us. So he chose to do that.”
The beige Yaris used in the crash was a recent purchase still sporting Newfoundland license plates, even though Sotvoldiyev lives in Toronto. The Drive's Chris Tsui visited the Toronto dealership Wednesday afternoon, and it is now open for business but it's still missing a window. Let me just say that this is a really unhealthy way of getting over a break-up. No one is entitled to someone else's companionship, and if things aren't working out, smashing into a bunch of Porsches to get arrested will only make things worse. Mental health professionals and crisis hotlines are there if you can't process the grief of a bad breakup, or if you think your bad day might lead to hurting yourself, others or a showroom of innocent Porsches.
Old 01-29-2019, 06:51 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)
Nice guy eddie

Garage
Panamera and a Boxster? Meh...just stamp out 5 more of each.
Old 01-29-2019, 06:57 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Stupid prick. Why can't he just turn to alcohol like the rest of us.
Old 01-29-2019, 07:20 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)
Banned from Boulder

Garage
Well nobody got shot, pretty good outcome by American standards
Old 01-29-2019, 07:53 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Douglas View Post
Stupid prick. Why can't he just turn to alcohol like the rest of us.
I prefer both...."Hold my beer and watch this..."
Old 01-29-2019, 08:19 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jrboulder View Post
That's because it wasn't in Tempe

Non Cedo Ferio
Old 01-29-2019, 09:07 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

Gotta love that Canadian sgnt's sense of humor
Old 01-30-2019, 01:13 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)

What a waste of a perfectly good yaris
1976 930( peru red usa) ,1980 euro sc, 1974 914. 1997 M3, , 2004 Duramax 3500 quad cab dually . 2004 2500 HD Gas 1989 Yamaha xt 350. 2004 Turbo Pepperwagon, 1976 Chevrolet C 60 Rollback towtruck. 2006 x3 a few old tractors, and tons of tools
Old 01-30-2019, 01:57 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #8 (permalink)

Too bad he couldn't wait to do this in July , then there would be a " summers Eve " connection
Old 01-30-2019, 02:28 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #9 (permalink)
Weekend Worrier

Quote:
Originally Posted by afterburn 549 View Post
and newer bad country music ....
Sing it with a twang:

--------G-------------------C-----
You know it's cold in Toronto...
--------C-------------------G-----
Where the Porsches are parked
-----G------------A-----
I broke them all today...
-----A-----------------D----
Like Eve broke my heart

refrain

Last edited by LEAKYSEALS951; 01-30-2019 at 03:13 AM..
Old 01-30-2019, 02:57 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #10 (permalink)

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Synchro Joe View Post
Another tag on a 718 Cayman had the woman's name "Eve" on it.

The beige Yaris used in the crash was a recent purchase still sporting Newfoundland license plates, .
Guy buys a sensible economy car. In beige.
Girl breaks up with him, and says a real man can afford a better car.
Guy exacts his revenge on the car
Old 01-30-2019, 04:07 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #11 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sugarwood View Post
Guy buys a sensible economy car. In beige.
Girl breaks up with him, and says a real man can afford a better car.
Guy exacts his revenge on the car
What was he thinking!
(He could have at least bought it in black and rocked it with attitude)
My 73RSR build http://forums.pelicanparts.com/porsche-911-technical-forum/893954-saving-73-crusher-again.html
Old 01-30-2019, 04:20 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #12 (permalink)

This is obviously false news as we ALL know a Yaris cannot do a burnout!
Old 01-30-2019, 04:23 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #13 (permalink)

In all seriousness though, there are people out there who do more than just leave you with heartache, Some literally f with you soul.

Cue the music!

My 73RSR build http://forums.pelicanparts.com/porsche-911-technical-forum/893954-saving-73-crusher-again.html
Old 01-30-2019, 04:28 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #14 (permalink)

Ok, enough of that crap, back to the Yaris jokes

Last edited by wayner; 01-30-2019 at 04:48 AM..
Old 01-30-2019, 04:42 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #15 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jrboulder View Post
Toronto is in America?????
Old 01-30-2019, 10:16 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #16 (permalink)
Registered Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcar View Post
Toronto is in America?????
Floridaman would've peppered the place with gunfire.

I have never really completely understood anything.
Old 01-30-2019, 04:37 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #17 (permalink)
(the shotguns)

had he been driving a Toyota Solara they'd have thought he was an angry customer of the dealership!
Well i had #6 adjusted perfectly but then just before i tightened it a butterfly in Zimbabwe farted and now i have to start all over again!
I believe we all make mistakes but I will not validate your poor choices and/or perversions and subsidize the results your actions.
Old 01-30-2019, 06:20 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #18 (permalink)
Cogito Ergo Sum

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZ_porschekid View Post
That's because it wasn't in Tempe
Oh snap...
Old 01-30-2019, 07:43 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #19 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: