Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Miscellaneous and Off Topic Forums > Off Topic Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 3.00 average.
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply
Actual Porsche owner

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by 911boost View Post
I didn’t get the Personal Foul penalty against the Rams earlier about giving the receiver “time” after he caught the ball before being tackled.
I was perplexed by that one too.

This was the first SB halftime show where I had never heard of any of the performers. Who the hell is Moron 5?

Old 02-04-2019, 06:40 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #161 (permalink)
The Mighty Pieholio

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by wdfifteen View Post
Who the hell is Moron 5?
Pop band. Talented but old as the earth.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maroon_5
Old 02-04-2019, 07:30 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #162 (permalink)
canna change law physics

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by sammyg2 View Post
Quote:
We asked Chris Mohr, Ph.D., R.D., one of Men's Health's nutrition advisors, whether corn syrup in beer is bad for you. The answer? It doesn't matter whether your beer contains corn syrup, because those refined sugars are eliminated in the fermentation process anyway.

"Sugar is used in the brewing process to feed the yeast as part of the fermentation, so the sweetener used for brewing beer is a moot point since the finished product does not have sugar," Mohr says.

In short, it's no big deal if the sweetener is coming from corn syrup or milk sugars or Gisele's tears of joy if no residual sugars are left after fermentation.

"Rather than being concerned are arguing about the type of sweetener used to brew beer, worry about how much beer you're drinking," says Mohr
For light beer, this may be somewhat true. But for most beer, there are a lot of longer chain sugars that are not fermentable. These provide body.

The point of using rice or corn in the mash is to reduce the non-fermentable sugars. This was done with regular Bud & Miller. The light beers usually add alpha-amylase which can breakdown the non-fermentable longer chain sugars into short chain fermentable sugars. This also leads to further loss of "body".

Taken to its extreme, along with extreme cold filtration, you end up with low alcohol water. Add flavors and you have Zima.
Old 02-04-2019, 08:31 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #163 (permalink)
canna change law physics

Garage
Quote:

This was the first SB halftime show where I had never heard of any of the performers. Who the hell is Moron 5?
My wife says they were popular in the 1990s. I have no recollection. I did not listen to pop-music/boy bands.

I guess the shirtless wonder is also a judge on one of those talent shows I don't watch.
Old 02-04-2019, 08:36 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #164 (permalink)
Brew Master

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by 911boost View Post
Bob summed It up appropriately earlier in the thread.

As for the game, the Ram’s D was stellar as was the NE defensive game plan. The younger coach hopefully learned from it.

I didn’t get the Personal Foul penalty against the Rams earlier about giving the receiver “time” after he caught the ball before being tackled, but they had to figure a few calls were going to go against them after the NFC Championship game.
"Personal foul... tackling the ball handler before they have a chance to advance the ball"

That was such a fast hitting play that the penalty never should have been called. I thought it was a great play by the defense... or it used to be. And the hit was clean.
Old 02-05-2019, 04:15 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #165 (permalink)
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by cabmando View Post
"Personal foul... tackling the ball handler before they have a chance to advance the ball"

That was such a fast hitting play that the penalty never should have been called. I thought it was a great play by the defense... or it used to be. And the hit was clean.
Agreed....turned on the game a couple of minutes before kick-off, watched none of the half-time bs, turned the TV off when the clock showed 0.00. It was a great football game

Brady plays defense better than Montana....two old GOATs
Old 02-05-2019, 04:20 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #166 (permalink)

Get off my lawn!

Garage
Quote:

I too had never heard of any of the half time "entertainment" and did not bother to wach the halftime show. I don't even understand why they thing they need a performance during halftime.

We enjoyed our DVR immensely. We recorded the game, and started watching 40 minutes after kickoff. Fast forward through the endless replays, and announce jabber, just watch the plays and the commercials that might be funny. Fast forward through any part that was not the game and we caught up to real time in the 4th quarter. We put it on pause, and stopped to eat dinner. Resumed and watched to the end of the clock. I could not possible care less about the trophy presentation. And I sure did not care about the show they kept pumping up after the game.
1986 El Camino with Fuel Injected 350 Crate Engine
My Motto: I will never be too old to have a happy childhood!
Old 02-05-2019, 07:30 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #167 (permalink)
I see you

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Kontak View Post
I'd give half my foot to make an over 60 yard field goal.
Been done already

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tom_Dempsey

“There is no nation on earth powerful enough to accomplish our overthrow. Our destruction, should it come at all, will be from another quarter. From the inattention of the people to the concerns of their government, from their carelessness and negligence.”
Old 02-05-2019, 08:33 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #168 (permalink)
Registered

Yeah..right Suh
https://www.yahoo.com/sports/ndamukong-suh-actually-said-rams-140251198.html
Old 02-05-2019, 08:52 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #169 (permalink)
Brew Master

Garage
Anyone buying all the stories from McVay that Gurley was 100% healthy but that he just decided to share the workload with Anderson? This is a guy that was a cornerstone of the offense and they decided to share the workload? Pfft.
Old 02-05-2019, 05:14 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #170 (permalink)
I'm with Bill

Quote:
Originally Posted by URY914 View Post
I would go there on any Sunday during Football season. We avoid sports bars during season.

None of us care and the noise level is obnoxious.
2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser - Black Betty
2014 BMW i3 Giga World
Old 02-05-2019, 06:22 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #171 (permalink)

Quote:
You want me to post the threads about your SOCIAL EXPERIMENT?
Where you lied about sending the check, when you hadn't? then when you were pressured into actually paying the bet, the check bounced?

How many times are you going to lie when the truth is known by everyone?

After you got spanked out in the open and you again denied the truth, this was your pitiful excuse:

You swore on your mother's grave, and then later admitted it wasn't true.

Pretty damn sleazy if you ask me, but you are consistent.
Sammy,

Speaking of sleezy... YOU Sir are at the top of the pile when it comes to this!!

I was the person involved with this check issue and while Shaun did have an issue with a check, one he found out he OVER-NIGHTED a replacement check and it cleared just fine.

You need to get your facts straight and stop slandering folks. Its idiots and liars like YOU that caused me to stop posting on PP years ago. Simply was not worth it... and it appears that YOU are still slinging the brown material like you once were...

Joe A
Phoenix
(oh yes and am very good friends with Shaun now!)
2013 Jag XF, 2002 Dodge Ram 2500 Cummins (the workhorse), 1992 Jaguar XJ S-3 V-12 VDP (one of only 100 examples made), 1969 Jaguar XJ (been in the family since new), 1985 911 Targa backdated to 1973 RS specs with a 3.6 shoehorned in the back, 1959 Austin Healey Sprite (former SCCA H-Prod), 2010 Jaguar XF (fast touring car), 1995 BMW R1100RSL, 1971 & '72 BMW R75/5 "Toaster," Ural Tourist w/sidecar, 1949 Aeronca Sedan / QB
Old 02-08-2019, 08:39 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #172 (permalink)

Quote:
Here's what your really good friend Joe said about you, in the thread about that thing you said DIDN'T HAPPEN.
Hey Sammy, please look at my above post.

You sure like to sling the brown material but are you ready for it to come your direction?

Joe A
2013 Jag XF, 2002 Dodge Ram 2500 Cummins (the workhorse), 1992 Jaguar XJ S-3 V-12 VDP (one of only 100 examples made), 1969 Jaguar XJ (been in the family since new), 1985 911 Targa backdated to 1973 RS specs with a 3.6 shoehorned in the back, 1959 Austin Healey Sprite (former SCCA H-Prod), 2010 Jaguar XF (fast touring car), 1995 BMW R1100RSL, 1971 & '72 BMW R75/5 "Toaster," Ural Tourist w/sidecar, 1949 Aeronca Sedan / QB
Old 02-08-2019, 08:41 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #173 (permalink)
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joeaksa View Post
Sammy,

Speaking of sleezy... YOU Sir are at the top of the pile when it comes to this!!

I was the person involved with this check issue and while Shaun did have an issue with a check, one he found out he OVER-NIGHTED a replacement check and it cleared just fine.

You need to get your facts straight and stop slandering folks. Its idiots and liars like YOU that caused me to stop posting on PP years ago. Simply was not worth it... and it appears that YOU are still slinging the brown material like you once were...

Joe A
Phoenix
(oh yes and am very good friends with Shaun now!)
I forgot the details....I thought the "social experiment" involved a "menuface" for some reason

Miss ya around here Joe...
Old 02-08-2019, 09:25 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #174 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by KC911 View Post
I forgot the details....I thought the "social experiment" involved a "menuface" for some reason

Miss ya around here Joe...
KC,

Thanks and its been far too long for this old fart to remember things like that! I do remember that there was an issue with the first check then Shaun stepped up and took care of it IMMEDIATELY.

This is old news and why Sammy is dredging it up is beyond me, but going after Shaun is not needed.

Will try to spend some more time here... we got a new airplane and our flights increased by a good 30% the last two years, and that did not help at all!

Thx, Joe A
Old 02-08-2019, 09:40 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #175 (permalink)
Registered

Garage

https://www.flickr.com/photos/ury914/
Old 02-08-2019, 06:05 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #176 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: