Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Miscellaneous and Off Topic Forums > Off Topic Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 1.00 average.
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laneco View Post
To the men who have been my fantastic co-workers, mentors and teachers.... Your actions have helped me succeed and encourage others in my "non-traditional" field. You've made the workplace and the world a better place.

THANK YOU.

angela
Though the ratio in my corporate world was skewed.... just like PPOT...the same goes for most of the women there and here...

...all of 'em here actually
Old 02-08-2019, 11:54 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #61 (permalink)
durn for'ner

I have a wife, four daughters and I am the only male in the staff at work.

I have no opinions.

Carrera '85
Old 02-09-2019, 12:57 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #62 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by livi View Post
I have a wife, four daughters and I am the only male in the staff at work.

I have no opinions.
Now there is one smart man !
Old 02-09-2019, 02:18 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #63 (permalink)

OP is the biggest cuck I've read of in a long time.
Old 02-09-2019, 02:31 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #64 (permalink)
Garage Queen

Garage
On a related note: My son started college this year (engineering) and I went back to school for nursing. I am currently in microbiology and chemistry classes and there is 1 male in each class. My son says his classes(all upper sciences, maths, and engineering courses, no humanities) are 2:1 girls to boys in all his classes.

I am curious if this is the norm at most schools. We are at 2 different schools and are seeing this. I wonder where the males are and what they are studying. I would have thought there would be more balance in these classes.
Old 02-09-2019, 03:39 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #65 (permalink)

Garage
I work at a hospital. Here its about 80/20 women.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/ury914/
Old 02-09-2019, 03:56 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #66 (permalink)
Zink Racer

Quote:
I am curious if this is the norm at most schools. We are at 2 different schools and are seeing this. I wonder where the males are and what they are studying. I would have thought there would be more balance in these classes.
I know this is becoming or has become the norm in business school. My undergrad is accounting and women going into that field now outnumber men.

At least some of the men are apparently at home in their parent's basement watching videos about how the women in their life have screwed them over.
Old 02-09-2019, 06:34 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #67 (permalink)

I worked in the same field for 37 years and never met or saw a female co-worker or supervisor.

Electrical engineer / electronics.

Big companies / small companies.

I'll bet it never happens.
92 Corvette - Nitto NT01
14 BMW X3 - Pilot Sport A/S 3+
Old 02-09-2019, 07:11 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #68 (permalink)
Jiu Jitsu Grappler

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhynesrockmtn View Post
I know this is becoming or has become the norm in business school. My undergrad is accounting and women going into that field now outnumber men.

At least some of the men are apparently at home in their parent's basement watching videos about how the women in their life have screwed them over.

Many men are passing on a degree that is no longer a differentiator because everyone has one. (and the associated college debt) and learning trades instead.

So again....we see more examples in this thread; Hospital 80% women, colleges women outnumber men 2:1. The last time you had your teeth cleaned was the Dental hygienist male or female? I can go on and on but women are NOT being oppressed in 2019. The only examples I ever get will be broad un-quantifiable ideas such as: "We've never had a female president so that means were oppressing women" or "there are fewer female CEO's of fortune 500 companies because of oppression" but the reality is there are no as in ZERO laws in place holding women back. There are fewer female CEO's for the same reason there are fewer male nurses or the elusive male dental hygienist. They simply choose different career paths and this helps explain the myth of the gender pay gap. The social gender disparities that once existed have long been done away with by first wave feminism, 2nd and 3rd wave feminism is an extreme view that is actually pushing for superiority and not equality, because the bar of equality has been met for quite some time. This is why most women of 2019 do not identify as feminists.

1976 Turbo Coupe 3.2
2009 Carerra S (997.2)

Last edited by Rodsrsr; 02-09-2019 at 07:31 AM..
Old 02-09-2019, 07:27 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #69 (permalink)
Jiu Jitsu Grappler

Garage
This lady sums it up....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_uHX5yv1cRQ

1976 Turbo Coupe 3.2
2009 Carerra S (997.2)

Last edited by Rodsrsr; 02-09-2019 at 08:32 AM..
Old 02-09-2019, 08:24 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #70 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: