Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Miscellaneous and Off Topic Forums > Off Topic Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply
Registered

Garage
Porsche 2020 992 full length film on Youtube

FYI - DPCars posted 1.5 hour documentary of how Porsche designed, tested, and built the 2020 Porsche 992. If you like seeing how they engineer a full vehicle program, this is the film for you. A lot of the movie is just video with no dialog.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D5oo6i-ahW4

Enjoy

Old 02-13-2019, 04:21 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)
Registered

I watched the first part of it, which had audio of an interview overlaying video of something else, and I had to quit after about 10 minutes. I have no idea why they chose to do that, no commentary would’ve been preferable. Maybe it gets better, I don’t know. I don’t have an hour and a half today to devote to that.
Old 02-13-2019, 04:30 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)
Registered

Send a message via MSN to sc_rufctr
The wet wrap starting at 12 minutes is amazing.
Old 02-13-2019, 05:04 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)
cycling has-been

They could have made it about 20 minutes by editing all the superfluous driving sequences and the close-ups of the sounding recovery system.
That would have been nice.
Otherwise - very impressive. Especially the guy laying the bodyline tape - one shot -bam!
Bill K
Old 02-13-2019, 08:00 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)
Registered

It could be made into a cool documentary with a little effort. Prety sure it was Mark Webber (F1 and porsche driver) initially commentating during the car's presentation in LA... Odd they would put that over that non-matching video.
I enjoyed watching them drive through my neighborhood (Marin and SFO), and it wa sa good FFWD as is... Thanks for posting !

Old 02-13-2019, 09:06 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: