Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Miscellaneous and Off Topic Forums > Off Topic Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply
Still Doin Time

I think that showing too much..........like this leaves nothing to our ( men's) imagination. A slightly tight blouse or hint of thong panty lines under a skirt us sometimes all you need....
'77 Sportster Pro-Street Drag Bike w/93ci - Sold to collector
'72 Yamaha CS5 200 Twin - Sold to fellow Pelicanite
Old 02-19-2019, 03:50 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #21 (permalink)
White and Nerdy

Garage
Not what I was expecting.

The one that is catching that I do not find attractive,

Young ladies seem to have caught a bug where they remove the hair on their eye brows, then they take some form of a black marker and attempt to paint Groucho Marx's mustache over each eye.

Old 02-19-2019, 03:56 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #22 (permalink)

On the flipside, men's fashion puts a tickle in the pickle:

Old 02-19-2019, 04:11 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #23 (permalink)
Get off my lawn!

Garage
Like many thing that are hard to define, "good fashion" or "attractive" is something I can instantly see. That is something I never want to see again, and it is not good fashion or attractive for sure. I have little doubt someone out there on the planet finds it great. Not me.
1986 El Camino with Fuel Injected 350 Crate Engine
My Motto: I will never be too old to have a happy childhood!
Old 02-19-2019, 05:12 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #24 (permalink)

Garage
Anything is better than what those of us in college in the 80's had to deal with! At UT girls wore baggy jogging shorts and loose T-shirts.

Now it's yoga pants and sports bras.
Old 02-19-2019, 05:40 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #25 (permalink)
Get off my lawn!

Garage
Maybe I got spoiled by the girls fashions of the 70s when I was in high school. Mini skirts that only came down to the tip of their thumbs. When I look at my year book, it is amazing to see the short skirts.
1986 El Camino with Fuel Injected 350 Crate Engine
My Motto: I will never be too old to have a happy childhood!
Old 02-19-2019, 05:48 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #26 (permalink)
Actual Porsche owner

Garage
The recent street fashion trend of EVERY woman wearing leggings is awful. People don't know how to dress - if you put on leggings and your legs look like a bag of walnuts, don't wear leggings. It may be fashionable, but it isn't flattering. Like a lot of popular fashions, people are taking it to extremes. MrsWD has been wearing dark colored leggings under a tunic for decades. For years dark colors were all she could get, which is fine with her. Now look what they're offering. My DIL wears this kind of stuff, and it does NOT look good on her. I see this everywhere, on all shapes of women.

Old 02-19-2019, 05:59 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #27 (permalink)
I see you

Nearly every young woman on campus is wearing those tight yoga pants. They look like they're wearing body paint. KK just looks graceless in that dress but it's her choice.

I still like the look of nylon stockings with the seam up the back. Rachel was hot IMO.

Old bikers don't get old by accident
equito ergo sum
Old 02-19-2019, 06:10 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #28 (permalink)

Garage
The pic in the OP is not women's fashion. It is a vomitous mass that has a name the press thinks they should be in awe of.

Heidi from Home Improvement on the other hand.

"Don't get so caught up in your right to dissent that you forget your obligation to contribute." Mrs. James to her son Chappie.
Old 02-19-2019, 07:33 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #29 (permalink)
Band.

Send a message via AIM to Gogar
This is the official uniform of the 20-teens, with mixed results

1973 Honda CB350F
Old 02-19-2019, 07:39 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #30 (permalink)
Too big to fail

Garage
Send a message via AIM to widebody911 Send a message via Yahoo to widebody911
Yoga pants are a privilege, not a right
Various VWs
Old 02-19-2019, 08:21 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #31 (permalink)
Too big to fail

Garage
Send a message via AIM to widebody911 Send a message via Yahoo to widebody911
Various VWs
Old 02-19-2019, 08:21 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #32 (permalink)

Garage
Send a message via AIM to vash
You all are brutal. Who cares? Iím not a fan of her stuff, but no denying she parlayed it into an empire.

Iíve seen a pic of her face with light makeup and here face is stunning.
Old 02-19-2019, 08:28 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #33 (permalink)
canna change law physics

Garage
I was at a tire store a few days ago. A "fit" girl was in there in, well , see through yoga pants. From the waist up, she was hot. From the waist down, she was all Kardashian.
Old 02-19-2019, 08:49 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #34 (permalink)

Garage
Kim looks like the lost a fight with a swarm of bees. Or she likes Baboons and fashioned her lips to look like a baboons backside.

There are many very attractive women out there. A Kardashian is not one of them. They made an empire out of being white trash and good on them for making it work. I still don't have to like them or think they are attractive in any way shape or form.

"Don't get so caught up in your right to dissent that you forget your obligation to contribute." Mrs. James to her son Chappie.
Old 02-19-2019, 09:28 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #35 (permalink)

I don't get "fashion" in general

On the other hand, I work on a college campus so I really appreciate the "yoga pants everywhere all the time" crowd.
Old 02-19-2019, 10:03 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #36 (permalink)

The look that is currently in vogue is "thick". My waif like 15 y/o daughter laments that she is not "thick" like some of the popular girls at school. K Kardashian is thick.
Old 02-19-2019, 10:06 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #37 (permalink)
Mighty Meatlocker Turbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gogar View Post
This is the official uniform of the 20-teens, with mixed results.]
Not just 20-teens in the DFW area; women in their 30s and 40s are wearing the same outfit and the majority of them are hogs (there is a strong culture of shameless gluttony here).
Old 02-19-2019, 10:07 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #38 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bivenator View Post
The look that is currently in vogue is "thick". My waif like 15 y/o daughter laments that she is not "thick" like some of the popular girls at school. K Kardashian is thick.
I just don't think you can win at that age. My daughter is 16 and sometimes feels she is too big. I think its likely her and your daughter both look great.
Old 02-19-2019, 10:24 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #39 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gogar View Post
That's couture. nobody's wearing that.

Every woman under 50 is wearing yoga pants with a seater on top. Big, small, short, tall. Whatever. Sometimes it looks great.

Indeed - couture…. we were just at den fashion week. art not clothing... unwearable in reality.

as for yoga pants, wholefoods > wallmart! (…. but girl in your last post is way too skinny)

Last edited by peteremsley; 02-19-2019 at 10:29 AM..
Old 02-19-2019, 10:25 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #40 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: