Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Miscellaneous and Off Topic Forums > Off Topic Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

40 confirmed dead in New Zealand mosque shooting

Very sad on many levels. New Zealand has lost it’s innocence.

4 people arrested - 3 men and a woman.

One of the guys live streamed his shooting.

Happened about 5 hours ago

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/article.cfm?c_id=1&objectid=12213039
Old 03-14-2019, 11:17 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

NZ has not lost it's innocense.
We were never innocent. What has happened is a very bad FUC7wit has decided to prove his point in our beautiful, accepting home. There is no place for this violence here.
Old 03-14-2019, 11:47 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Just makes me sad...
Old 03-15-2019, 01:49 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

RIP to those killed in this senseless tragedy .
Old 03-15-2019, 02:36 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

Just saw this on the early morning news. Really sad to have this sort of hateful act happen. Especially when its done by a group of people rather than one deranged individual.

Sad also to see this sickness show up in a wonderful place like New Zealand, that had up to this point been spared this sort of sick mass killing.

Sending aloha to kiwi friends.

Richard
Old 03-15-2019, 02:45 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)
A Man of Wealth and Taste

And so the backlash against Islam begins..

So much for gun control..the real issue of violence lies in the heart of darkness that lies in all of us. No gun control will ever work. Men will kill men.

No surprises here and it is just the ants scurrying faster and faster on a hot tin plate.

Last edited by tabs; 03-15-2019 at 03:12 AM..
Old 03-15-2019, 03:07 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

A Man of Wealth and Taste

Quote:
Originally Posted by tevake View Post
Just saw this on the early morning news. Really sad to have this sort of hateful act happen. Especially when its done by a group of people rather than one deranged individual.

Sad also to see this sickness show up in a wonderful place like New Zealand, that had up to this point been spared this sort of sick mass killing.

Sending aloha to kiwi friends.

Richard
I believe in 1990 nz had a mass shooting of 14 people where nz instituted strict gun control. So much that has done for you.. see the rational above.

Gun control does nothing to thwart mans heart of darkness. In 2000 years man has learned nothing.

Last edited by tabs; 03-15-2019 at 03:18 AM..
Old 03-15-2019, 03:15 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nzporsche944s2 View Post
Very sad on many levels. New Zealand has lost it’s innocence.
Not trying to rude but your nation was forged just like many others, it was conquered. No different to where I'm from. The land lost it's innocence the moment the British landed. But in this case I understand what you mean. I think Muslims might want to prepare themselves as I think they have more coming. Perhaps not in New Zealand but almost certainly in other countries.
Old 03-15-2019, 03:46 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #8 (permalink)

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by tabs View Post
I believe in 1990 nz had a mass shooting of 14 people where nz instituted strict gun control. So much that has done for you.. see the rational above.

Gun control does nothing to thwart mans heart of darkness. In 2000 years man has learned nothing.
Nutbags will always find a way to do damage to others. Read the NYTs story on this.
So very sad.

Bringing gun control into the conversation is inappropriate and inaccurate.

This is what happens when propaganda incites violence, everyone loses. Except those that are spewing hate speech.
And a bunch of parts I haven't installed yet.
Old 03-15-2019, 04:21 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #9 (permalink)

Sad.
Old 03-15-2019, 04:21 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #10 (permalink)

Send a message via MSN to sc_rufctr
Tragic event and great sadness... I hope we learn something from this.
Old 03-15-2019, 04:32 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #11 (permalink)

Devastated beyond words.
Old 03-15-2019, 05:23 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #12 (permalink)
The Unsettler

Send a message via AIM to stomachmonkey
Quote:
Originally Posted by billybek View Post
Nutbags will always find a way to do damage to others. Read the NYTs story on this.
So very sad.

This is what happens when propaganda incites violence, everyone loses. Except those that are spewing hate speech.
This.
Old 03-15-2019, 05:24 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #13 (permalink)
aka 'vageen'

Garage
Quote:
Nutbags will always find a way to do damage to others.

We have had more than one incident where terrorists run over people with sprinter vans etc... not one movement to ban sprinter vans. Not even one.

Condolences to the families who were killed in this latest senseless slaughter.
Yoosta have: 90 C4 Targa, 87 944, 73 911 ChumpCar endurance racer - featured in May-June & July-Aug 2016 Classic Porsche
Old 03-15-2019, 05:44 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #14 (permalink)

Let me say this up front , I am not a religious person . I was not raised in a religious household but was raised by good parents . I was taught right from wrong as my parents saw fit . I was raised with a moral compass . Not patting myself or my parents on the back just letting you know where I'm coming from .

People that do these mass killings have lost their moral compass . Anyone that does these acts regardless if they are Islamic , Christian or nothing at all have lost their moral compass . The mind set that thinks " I don't like something and the best way I can correct that it to kill a bunch of people ' is just flat out warped and confused ! And I will say that for a singular killing as well , when one person kills another just for the heck of it or just to inflict pain/suffering that mindset is wacked !

This is not just an issue in the US it happens everywhere and is for the most part a mental health issue in my opinion . Additional gun laws or background checks will do little if anything to stop a nut ! A criminal is going to get a gun/knife/fertilizer/bomb/airplane or whatever else he or she wants to inflict pain and destruction that is a fact . So we as a world society have to work on what's going on between someone's ears that makes them think these acts are acceptable and the right thing to do . Not easy to do and takes a LOT of commitment by a lot of people . Or we agree to just say " $hit happens " and go about our business .
Old 03-15-2019, 05:45 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #15 (permalink)
White and Nerdy

Garage
Quote:
So very sad.

It is brought up, because in the past we have lots of forum members that when a mass shooting occurs in a country without the gun laws, people find it appropriate to bring up the need for more laws.

If it weren't for the past mass media and forum member feeding frenzy then it probably would not be brought up.
Old 03-15-2019, 05:58 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #16 (permalink)
Back in the saddle again

The BBC says 49 dead.
https://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-47578798

This is horrible. I just don't understand the people that do this sort of thing, but then there's lots of stuff that people do that I don't understand.
'08 Boxster RS60 Spyder #0099/1960
- never named a car before, but this is Charlotte.
'88 targa SOLD 2004 - gone but not forgotten
Old 03-15-2019, 06:02 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #17 (permalink)
Get off my lawn!

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by rfuerst911sc View Post
Let me say this up front , I am not a religious person . I was not raised in a religious household but was raised by good parents . I was taught right from wrong as my parents saw fit . I was raised with a moral compass . Not patting myself or my parents on the back just letting you know where I'm coming from .

People that do these mass killings have lost their moral compass . Anyone that does these acts regardless if they are Islamic , Christian or nothing at all have lost their moral compass . The mind set that thinks " I don't like something and the best way I can correct that it to kill a bunch of people ' is just flat out warped and confused ! And I will say that for a singular killing as well , when one person kills another just for the heck of it or just to inflict pain/suffering that mindset is wacked !

This is not just an issue in the US it happens everywhere and is for the most part a mental health issue in my opinion . Additional gun laws or background checks will do little if anything to stop a nut ! A criminal is going to get a gun/knife/fertilizer/bomb/airplane or whatever else he or she wants to inflict pain and destruction that is a fact . So we as a world society have to work on what's going on between someone's ears that makes them think these acts are acceptable and the right thing to do . Not easy to do and takes a LOT of commitment by a lot of people . Or we agree to just say " $hit happens " and go about our business .

I am the same way. I was sent off to Sunday-school as kid. When I started asking questions the teacher did not like to hear my parents let me stay home. I bear no ill will toward anyone that wants to believe, just don't try pass laws that favor your religion and afect my way of life. Most religions make the world a better place. Not all of them however. For more understanding on Islam, go over to PARF and read this thread. Ask questions. It is very eye opening.

http://forums.pelicanparts.com/off-topic-politics-religion/817184-understand-islam.html
1986 El Camino with Fuel Injected 350 Crate Engine
My Motto: I will never be too old to have a happy childhood!
Old 03-15-2019, 06:09 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #18 (permalink)

A pattern here....same things said by media, officials, and pundits. Then it all quiets down...until next time.

Last edited by pwd72s; 03-15-2019 at 09:47 AM..
Old 03-15-2019, 09:36 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #19 (permalink)
Administrator

Shocking and horrible incident... Can't believe it was streamed live on Facebook too. Apparently the video in its entirety was put on liveleak, but the site owners removed it.

I haven't read the manifesto yet, but a friend shared this:

Quote:
There may be more players and more angry and frightened people who are prepared to repeat this scenario. I say frightened because the shooter was frightened of his culture and race being displaced by immigration and an imbalance of birth rates.

I read the shooter's entire manifesto and the striking thing to me, was that he purposely chose to use a firearm knowing that there would be a reaction from gun control advocates in America and that the push against the 2nd amendment would, he hoped, kick off the war where White European descendants would fight for their race.

The salient part is that he acknowledged (and had) explosives, etc... and this was well planned over a period of time. No gun law would have stopped this. He chose a gun wanting for an anti-gun push and the subsequent push-back.
Too many Miata's to count.
Old 03-15-2019, 09:48 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #20 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: