Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Miscellaneous and Off Topic Forums > Off Topic Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 3.00 average.
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply
Ubi bene ibi patria

Garage
Rask is making a good case for Conn Smythe consideration. The Canes, save the 'softie',
couldn't get it past him with a cannon - especially in the first period.

Cheers
JB
Old 05-15-2019, 08:23 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #321 (permalink)
Counterclockwise?

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkeye's-911T View Post
Rask is making a good case for Conn Smythe consideration. The Canes, save the 'softie',
couldn't get it past him with a cannon - especially in the first period.

Cheers
JB
I hope Rask does as it would suck to see kissy boy get it.
A bunch of stuff with spark plugs
Old 05-15-2019, 08:49 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #322 (permalink)
A Marchand fan before you

Garage
Rask's numbers are a strong case for the Vesina.
Old 05-15-2019, 12:35 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #323 (permalink)
I see you

Quote:
Originally Posted by Por_sha911 View Post
Rask's numbers are a strong case for the Vesina.
But he's not one of the Vezina finalists What were his Regular Season numbers?

Old bikers don't get old by accident
equito ergo sum
Old 05-15-2019, 01:36 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #324 (permalink)

Garage
Opps. You are right. His reg season numbers were up and down so just average.
.912 %
2.48 gaa

Rod: who is "kissy boy" ?

Last edited by Por_sha911; 05-15-2019 at 05:11 PM..
Old 05-15-2019, 05:08 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #325 (permalink)

Tough to lose a game on an OT goal that should have been disallowed. Incredible that none of the 4 refs saw the hand pass by the Sharks.
Old 05-15-2019, 08:37 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #326 (permalink)

Thanks for sharing this good info.
Old 05-15-2019, 11:15 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #327 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockey fan View Post
Tough to lose a game on an OT goal that should have been disallowed. Incredible that none of the 4 refs saw the hand pass by the Sharks.
And where was Toronto, asleep? I thought all goals were video reviewed there, how do you miss that one??????
73'& 80' Mercedes Unimog DoKa
59' Austin Healey 100-6
Old 05-16-2019, 03:21 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #328 (permalink)

Garage
If it was thrown in the goal it can be reviewed. Since it wasn’t the actual goal, it was not a reviewable play.

Complete crap, and completely crap answers by a few of the SJ players I heard interviewed.

I would really like to see them lose based on how many horrible calls have gone their way in each of the series.
Old 05-16-2019, 03:34 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #329 (permalink)
Ubi bene ibi patria

Garage
I know, in the eyes of some, quoting one's self could be considered 'uncultured behaviour',
but I stand in my assessment of a few posts back - the hosers are the recipients
of an unbelievable run of good fortune (courtesy of the 'hockey gods') on questionable
& game altering refereeing decisions. Last night's was a capper - Erik Karlsson's
non-celebratory response was another dead give-away as to the goal's illegality.

I usually rein in urges to 'rag' on the refs & I know the rules state, the call (in this case)
on the ice is non reviewable - good luck in trying to explain that to St. Loo & their fans.
They got jobbed - pure, plain, & simple. A quintessential bull-crap call
again, favourable to the sharks. Screwed up an entertaining game.

Should the sharks prevail - I think I will have to 'eat some humble pie',
switch allegiances, align myself with a 'sworn adversary' & hope like hell - Da Broonz
kick the schitt out of them, just to even things out. Now I've vented my spleen .......

Cheers
JB
Old 05-16-2019, 09:44 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #330 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by vonsmog View Post
And where was Toronto, asleep? I thought all goals were video reviewed there, how do you miss that one??????
No, perhaps you are thinking of the NFL? Not every goal is reviewed, aside from 'did the puck cross the line'. Events prior to the goal are only reviewed on a challenge. And the challenges are limited.

A batted puck into the goal is not reviewable, unless it was batted directly into the net.

It appears clear-cut, although there is a slight chance the puck hit Bouwmeester on the shin pad. If the puck hit him then it's a valid goal.

The puck into the netting earlier was also clear-cut. Poor officiating in both instances.
Old 05-16-2019, 11:42 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #331 (permalink)

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkeye's-911T View Post
I know, in the eyes of some, quoting one's self could be considered 'uncultured behaviour',
but I stand in my assessment of a few posts back - the hosers are the recipients
of an unbelievable run of good fortune (courtesy of the 'hockey gods') on questionable
& game altering refereeing decisions. Last night's was a capper - Erik Karlsson's
non-celebratory response was another dead give-away as to the goal's illegality.

I usually rein in urges to 'rag' on the refs & I know the rules state, the call (in this case)
on the ice is non reviewable - good luck in trying to explain that to St. Loo & their fans.
They got jobbed - pure, plain, & simple. A quintessential bull-crap call
again, favourable to the sharks. Screwed up an entertaining game.

Should the sharks prevail - I think I will have to 'eat some humble pie',
switch allegiances, align myself with a 'sworn adversary' & hope like hell - Da Broonz
kick the schitt out of them, just to even things out. Now I've vented my spleen .......
Cheers
JB
Wow JB, don't hold back. Tell us how you really feel...

It may be 'uncultured behavior', but I don't give a rip and as such I will quote myself three weeks ago saying
Quote:
-As always, the goalies made the difference. Depth players also.
-As always, everyone complains about the officiating (unless they are winning).
-As always, there are less penalties called (you gotta love that).
That said, I agree it was a BAD call.

Last edited by Por_sha911; 05-16-2019 at 05:11 PM..
Old 05-16-2019, 05:08 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #332 (permalink)

Garage
Isn't there an automatic review for goals in the last two minutes of the game?
Old 05-16-2019, 05:26 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #333 (permalink)
I see you

Quote:
eThere may be I'd need to check but no need tonight, the Canes just keep skating over their own dicks with these penalties. But I think playoff goals should be reviewed, these games are too important, and needn't slow the game down.

equito ergo sum

Last edited by flatbutt; 05-16-2019 at 06:03 PM..
Old 05-16-2019, 06:00 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #334 (permalink)
I see you

Quote:
Wow JB, don't hold back. Tell us how you really feel...

It may be 'uncultured behavior', but I don't give a rip and as such I will quote myself three weeks ago saying

That said, I agree it was a BAD call.
the replay was quite clear, the hand pass was not even close but if it isn't reviewable then that's it.

equito ergo sum
Old 05-16-2019, 06:08 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #335 (permalink)
I see you

Oh well I can't watch this anymore, the Canes have really shat the bed. Are the Broons really this much better or have the Canes just shot their load too soon? I'm thinking Boston is simply much better.

equito ergo sum
Old 05-16-2019, 06:27 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #336 (permalink)

Garage
Old 05-16-2019, 06:54 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #337 (permalink)

I am really disappointed with the Canes , they really weren't in the same league as Boston in this series . Maybe Boston is just that much better . Rask couldn't play much better . Now Boston has time to rest and get ready for the finals. How much time off is too much ?
Old 05-17-2019, 02:46 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #338 (permalink)

Quote:
No.

If you watch the replay the puck might have hit Bouwmeester on the shin pad, which would negate the hand pass. That's the only defence for the referees.

I have watched it five times in slow motion and I still don't know what the right call is. But I think the refs missed it entirely, as there was no 'hand pass' gesture from either ref, nor was the call waved off.

As an aside, it might be reasonable to allow hand passes, but not goals. They are infrequent and rarely have any significant effect on the outcome of a game. Other than so slow it down.

Bruins were better in every area. Period.
Old 05-17-2019, 04:06 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #339 (permalink)
I see you

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1990C4S View Post
Bruins were better in every area. Period.
AND Rask has proven that the goalie is the key to the cup. He made stops that were sick. Even his positioning was near perfect. I forget which game it was in this series, but he was in his crease near the top, his trap high to his left and open, the shot went high glove side from the low slot and straight into it. He never moved but looked brilliant, and it was because he just knew where his glove needed to be. That proves my old coach correct when he said, "Tommy, sometimes the key to a great save is being too slow to get out of the way".

equito ergo sum
Old 05-17-2019, 06:02 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #340 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: