Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Miscellaneous and Off Topic Forums > Off Topic Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 2.33 average.
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

What’s the deal with Iran?

I see what the US is doing and saying. The reported reasons are not specific.

This makes me very wary.

We ran into war in Iraq for all the wrong reasons. I have not been given any reasons for the saber rattling regarding Iran.

Can we have a civil and educational discussion on this?

Thanks.
Old 05-14-2019, 01:12 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)
White and Nerdy

Garage
Have you ever payed any attention to what their leaders have said publicly?
Old 05-14-2019, 01:33 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)
Information Junky

Death to America
Death to America
Death to America
Death to America
Death to America
Death to America
Death to America

- Iran
Old 05-14-2019, 02:01 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

My opinion is no US troops should set foot in Iran. They hate us and all we stand for . Always have . Ratchet up sanctions and let it be . We have MUCH bigger issues at home to try and solve . As an example I'm waiting for affordable health care . We need massive infrastructure building/rebuilding . The list is endless .
Old 05-14-2019, 02:15 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rfuerst911sc View Post
My opinion is no US troops should set foot in Iran. They hate us and all we stand for . Always have . Ratchet up sanctions and let it be . We have MUCH bigger issues at home to try and solve . As an example I'm waiting for affordable health care . We need massive infrastructure building/rebuilding . The list is endless .
I totally agree but just to mention. The people of Iran don’t hate us. The leaders are the problem. I guess just like every country.
Old 05-14-2019, 02:26 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

Bugs good point and I agree .
Old 05-14-2019, 02:30 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)
White and Nerdy

Garage
Quote:
Affordable healthcare, what does this mean?

This is like saying, affordable cars.

You get affordable cars by cutting down on features and options.

The same applies to the cost of healthcare.
Old 05-14-2019, 03:00 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tervuren View Post
Affordable healthcare, what does this mean?

This is like saying, affordable cars.

You get affordable cars by cutting down on features and options.

The same applies to the cost of healthcare.
I suggest you ask that question to the president , he campaigned on " affordable " health care . If I remember correctly it was going to be easy to implement . His words not mine .

My personal situation on health care . Between my wife and I we worked 85 years . Saved like crazy and retired at 60 . We pay $1400.00 per month for health care not my idea of affordable . But we are fortunate , we both had good jobs and with the help of a financial planner we hit our financial goals .

There are so many people that can't afford any health care , in a country as wealthy as the US this is unacceptable . End of rant sorry for the long winded reply .
Old 05-14-2019, 03:11 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #8 (permalink)
Groucho Marxist

Garage
So by "healthcare" you mean "insurance." I am younger than you, my wife is younger than me, and I wish my insurance premiums were as low as yours.

Persians generally like Americans. Their leadership is the problem.

Kinky Friedman
Old 05-14-2019, 03:33 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #9 (permalink)
The Stick

Garage
Local pizza joint is owned and run by some immigrant Iranians. They are very nice. Told me everyone iincluding a lot of relatives of theirs hate America. But they want the money they make, but don't want to work for it like they have.
Old 05-14-2019, 03:38 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #10 (permalink)

Whether it is called healthcare or insurance to me that's symantecs . Not trying to argue with you to me they are the same thing . You go to a doctor for an ailment that cost needs to be paid for . I really think there should be a portion of your pay check every week that goes into a health fund . Kind of like social security . Not sure if it should be a government fund or private . Is that socialized medicine ? Maybe or maybe some hybrid socialized medicine . I admit I'm not smart enough to solve the healthcare crisis in our country , but I am smart enough to realize that what we have now isn't working for everyone . And maybe it can never work for everyone .
Old 05-14-2019, 03:48 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #11 (permalink)
White and Nerdy

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by RKDinOKC View Post
Local pizza joint is owned and run by some immigrant Iranians. They are very nice. Told me everyone iincluding a lot of relatives of theirs hate America. But they want the money they make, but don't want to work for it like they have.
Over the years have met and often worked with several Iranian religious/political refugees.

All of them, universally, are thankful to be here where they no longer fear being taken, and tortured, executed or both.

We fail to realize just how good we have it here.

It takes work and resistance to keep over here from becoming over there.
Old 05-14-2019, 04:22 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #12 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RKDinOKC View Post
They are very nice.
Yes they are very nice, but are loyal only to A11ah, and if the instruction comes to wreak havoc...
Old 05-14-2019, 04:55 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #13 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to BRPORSCHE
The issue is that there aren't enough Persian chicks that live in my neighborhood.
Old 05-14-2019, 06:05 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #14 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by LWJ View Post
I see what the US is doing and saying. The reported reasons are not specific.

This makes me very wary.

We ran into war in Iraq for all the wrong reasons. I have not been given any reasons for the saber rattling regarding Iran.

Can we have a civil and educational discussion on this?

Thanks.
Talk is cheap...both sides imo. Where does it lead?

Aa far as being a REAL tangible threat to the USA?

Russia, China, Iran...puleeze ....

Unintended consequences...
Old 05-14-2019, 06:13 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #15 (permalink)
Did you get the memo?

Quote:
I'm self employed. Come to my house and tell me about affordable health care and I'll stab you to death with a spoon.

Last edited by onewhippedpuppy; 05-14-2019 at 06:26 PM..
Old 05-14-2019, 06:17 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #16 (permalink)

We need to invade Iran and Venezuela to protect our oil.
Old 05-14-2019, 06:51 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #17 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by island911 View Post
Death to America
Death to America
Death to America
Death to America
Death to America
Death to America
Death to America

- Iran
Which doesn't literally mean "death to America" but if you took some time to study other cultures you might know that.
Old 05-14-2019, 06:53 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #18 (permalink)

The history of the US and Iran is overflowing with cloak and dagger.
Old 05-14-2019, 07:10 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #19 (permalink)
Banned but not out, yet..

Garage
A better question might be What’s the deal with the President walking away from the Iranian Nuclear Agreement and potentially getting us into another Iraq-like conflict when he originally promised us to get all our troops out of the Middle East? If he had staid the course none of this would be happening, just like Iraq.
Old 05-14-2019, 07:10 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #20 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: