Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Miscellaneous and Off Topic Forums > Off Topic Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by flatbutt View Post
Boiled linseed oil? I did that to my knotty pine. It has a gorgeous glow and I did it the old school way. Once a day for a week, once a week for a month, once a month till I got ick of doing it.
I'm using some version of that, but I haven't been as diligent. I'll give everything another once over while I'm down there. Will also use a trowel full of putty to fill some of the more egregious gaps.

https://forums.pelicanparts.com/porsche-911-technical-forum/1022378-yes-its-another-white-911-build.html
Old 08-13-2019, 03:40 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #21 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeke View Post
With respect, I would not call that crown or molding. That's more of a frieze and a band.

Wait until Kachi sets you straight.
Will there be graphs?
Old 08-13-2019, 05:13 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #22 (permalink)

Terry - Next time you see Steve in Suncadia, come up and see my molding job......did the whole house myself......Tour of the garage included......You do good work for sure...
1962 XKE Roadster (sold)
19 motorcycles
Old 08-13-2019, 08:31 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #23 (permalink)

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by LakeCleElum View Post
Terry - Next time you see Steve in Suncadia, come up and see my molding job......did the whole house myself......Tour of the garage included......You do good work for sure...
Deal.

https://forums.pelicanparts.com/porsche-911-technical-forum/1022378-yes-its-another-white-911-build.html
Old 08-14-2019, 07:01 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #24 (permalink)
Runnin on empty

Garage
Beautiful! I want to move to Washington, but wife won't follow..lol...Maybe that's a good thing?
Old 08-15-2019, 04:15 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #25 (permalink)

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by acme911 View Post
Beautiful! I want to move to Washington, but wife won't follow..lol...Maybe that's a good thing?
I dunno--she does awfully good upholstery work.

Old 08-16-2019, 06:42 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #26 (permalink)

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by dad911 View Post
Looks good, how about some pics of the kitchen?
Finally got the engine-turned stainless panels I ordered awhile back. Here's the first one installed in the toe-kick area under the island. Tomorrow I'll get the side panels done and trim it out. The wedgewood paint made a nice transition from the warmer wood tones at the front of the house to the more industrial gray and steel colored tones of the kitchen.

Many thanks to my wife, who is just barely trusting enough of my decorating visions to let me make the color and texture decisions on this house. As I tell her, if it looks bad, we can always change it.

Old 08-17-2019, 04:50 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #27 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: