Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Miscellaneous and Off Topic Forums > Off Topic Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply
Model Citizen

Dale Jr. Survives plane crash in Tennessee

I wonder if this would've toppled the stock market decline as the big news story if it would have turned out different?

https://www.cnn.com/2019/08/15/us/dale-earnhardt-jr-plane-incident/index.html

Last edited by herr_oberst; 08-15-2019 at 04:16 PM..
Old 08-15-2019, 03:00 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Garage
Holy cow! I'm glad he's OK. Dale's a good guy.

https://forums.pelicanparts.com/porsche-911-technical-forum/1022378-yes-its-another-white-911-build.html
Old 08-15-2019, 03:50 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

^^^^ Yep!
Old 08-15-2019, 04:14 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by madcorgi View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by KC911 View Post
^^^^ Yep!
+ one.
Old 08-15-2019, 04:35 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)
Land of Enchantment

Quote:
Originally Posted by madcorgi View Post
Quote:
^^^^ Yep!
Quote:
Originally Posted by JackDidley View Post
+ one.
Yep Yep + 1

- 2014 F150 Tremor
- 2004 4Runner with a 1/4 million miles for a DD
- 1988 Carerra 3.2 Coupe Marine Blue ( SOLD)
Old 08-15-2019, 05:31 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)
White and Nerdy

Garage
Wow, I guess his crashing days aren't over.
Old 08-15-2019, 06:24 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

What?!?!

Garage
Holy cow. Glad they're ok.

In April 1993 NASCAR driver Alan Kulwicki died in a crash about 6 miles from my Mom's place.

I just left the Navy and about to move to Az. I was staying with her for a few months and was home that night. He was flying in to race at Bristol.
I'm sure Jr was coming in for the race this weekend.

That would've been a sad coincidence.
Old 08-15-2019, 06:35 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)
Never left, but not right

I'd like to know why a jet plane "rolled of the end of the runway." Someone's head is on the block and we'll know whom when the investigation is complete. No brakes?
Old 08-15-2019, 06:36 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #8 (permalink)
Model Citizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tervuren View Post
Wow, I guess his crashing days aren't over.
That's pretty funny!
Old 08-15-2019, 07:07 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #9 (permalink)

Always been a fan of the 3, 8, and 88 (Dale sr, Dale Jr. at RCR, and Dale Jr. at HMS), and I like him in the booth announcing as well...not to mention that his wife is country girl hot !

https://www.diynetwork.com/shows/renovation-realities-dale-jr-and-amy/articles/new-series-starring-dale-earnhardt-jr-and-wife-amy-coming-to-DIY

Last edited by ckelly78z; 08-16-2019 at 03:29 AM..
Old 08-16-2019, 02:41 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #10 (permalink)

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by DonDavis View Post
Holy cow. Glad they're ok.
Ahhh...the big metropolis of Elizabethton!!
22/29 torsions, 22/22 adjustable sways, Carrera brakes
Old 08-16-2019, 04:18 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #11 (permalink)
Non Compos Mentis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeke View Post
I'd like to know why a jet plane "rolled of the end of the runway."
What I heard from another forum is this is a relatively short runway for a jet of this size.
Surely adequate, but unforgiving of any sloppy airmanship.
One witness said they did not touch down until almost half-way down the runway. Perhaps came in a bit too fast, and/or too high and didn't get it stopped in time.

While every pilot practices gassing it and going around for another landing if it doesn't look right, once backed into a corner, it is preferable to go off the end hard on the brakes going relatively slowly than full throttle into the trees beyond the runway.
Old 08-16-2019, 06:17 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #12 (permalink)

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dantilla View Post
What I heard from another forum is this is a relatively short runway for a jet of this size.
Surely adequate, but unforgiving of any sloppy airmanship.
One witness said they did not touch down until almost half-way down the runway. Perhaps came in a bit too fast, and/or too high and didn't get it stopped in time.

While every pilot practices gassing it and going around for another landing if it doesn't look right, once backed into a corner, it is preferable to go off the end hard on the brakes going relatively slowly than full throttle into the trees beyond the runway.
Bad day at the office, for sure.

https://forums.pelicanparts.com/porsche-911-technical-forum/1022378-yes-its-another-white-911-build.html
Old 08-16-2019, 06:46 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #13 (permalink)

Garage
Looks like it would have been a real tragedy if that fence that wrapped around the plane had wrapped around it where the door is located. No one would have been getting out then.
Glad all are OK.
Old 08-16-2019, 07:08 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #14 (permalink)
What?!?!

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by IROC View Post
Ahhh...the big metropolis of Elizabethton!!
You know it!
Cow Town.
Betsy.

Had an apartment with 2 others there for a year after HS. Lucky to have survived that.
Old 08-16-2019, 07:25 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #15 (permalink)

Junior will learn to sit in traffic like Richard and his daddy did for three hours....in & out....the good ol' daze

Gotta have a full cooler....for after the race....don't even think about leaving for hours.

"Ain't but one way out...." N. Wilkesboro and the Allman Bros
Old 08-16-2019, 08:02 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #16 (permalink)
Model Citizen

Quote:
Junior will learn to sit in traffic like Richard and his daddy did for three hours....in & out....the good ol' daze

Gotta have a full cooler....for after the race....don't even think about leaving for hours.

"Ain't but one way out...." N. Wilkesboro and the Allman Bros
Seattle International Raceway ain't got but one way out, either, but the brownshirts cruise the parking lot to make sure nobody is drinkin' . Makes for a long evening after a race......
Old 08-16-2019, 12:59 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #17 (permalink)
Get off my lawn!

Garage
I bet the VIPs can charter a helicopter to drop them off, and pick them up at the track. There has to be a heliport for the medical ambulance. I am just guessing, but I bet more than a few folks with the money to fly in private jets, can afford a private chopper.
1986 El Camino with Fuel Injected 350 Crate Engine
My Motto: I will never be too old to have a happy childhood!
Old 08-16-2019, 01:10 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #18 (permalink)

News broadcasts here..barely mentioned who else was on the plane.(and how they were)
I wonder what the coverage would be if it was just 5 normal people...sorry, but that's what I hate about the news.

Last edited by stevej37; 08-16-2019 at 01:16 PM..
Old 08-16-2019, 01:13 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #19 (permalink)
Nice guy eddie

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by ckelly78z View Post
Always been a fan of the 3, 8, and 88 (Dale sr, Dale Jr. at RCR, and Dale Jr. at HMS), and I like him in the booth announcing as well...not to mention that his wife is country girl hot !

https://www.diynetwork.com/shows/renovation-realities-dale-jr-and-amy/articles/new-series-starring-dale-earnhardt-jr-and-wife-amy-coming-to-DIY
Looks like regular old hot to me.
Old 08-16-2019, 01:21 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #20 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: