Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Miscellaneous and Off Topic Forums > Off Topic Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tobra View Post
I thought Miami's mascot was a parole officer
Doan know what an ibis is, so I'm sticking with seagull.

A bunch of Miami football players were in an English class, ..... of course it was a remedial English class. Duh.
The professor was discussing all the different punctuation marks and asked the class "what comes after the sentence?"

One of the football players raised his hand and said "the appeal".

Note this also works for football players from LSU.
Old 08-20-2019, 11:14 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #21 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tobra View Post
I thought Miami's mascot was a parole officer
...or was that the Criminole's? They all look alike to me....BIGLY
Old 08-20-2019, 12:32 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #22 (permalink)

Only the SEC.

Old 08-21-2019, 12:11 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #23 (permalink)

After becoming a gator hater from my daze in Jax, ....I still luv the "Tim Tebow Blues".... mebbe Baz haz a clip

How 'bout them dawgs....WOOF!
Old 08-21-2019, 03:15 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #24 (permalink)

GOAT college QB

Old 08-21-2019, 05:50 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #25 (permalink)

TT is a good guy....but still a Gator ...

I swear I saw him walk across the St. John's river a few times...and he wuz eulogized in every Gator TV broadcast fer years.

Saint TBo!

It's TTDS I tell ya...no known cure

Baz'z gots it bad !
Old 08-21-2019, 07:25 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #26 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by KC911 View Post
TT is a good guy....but still a Gator ...

I swear I saw him walk across the St. John's river a few times...and he wuz eulogized in every Gator TV broadcast fer years.

Saint TBo!

It's TTDS I tell ya...no known cure

Baz'z gots it bad !
In high school he broke his leg and still finished the game, even running for a touchdown in the 4th quarter on one good leg.
For weeks after that he walked on water with a limp.

Old 08-21-2019, 12:41 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #27 (permalink)
G'day!

Garage
Brand new Gator flag up - ready for a new season!!!

Old 08-22-2019, 01:02 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #28 (permalink)
Bland

Garage
Old 08-22-2019, 04:40 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #29 (permalink)

Sigh...it would be nice if the Beavers could win a game this year...

Evidently, our local high school team has a pretty good linebacker...who knows which college he'll pick?

https://www.oregonlive.com/recruiting/2019/08/keith-brown-2021-lebanon-star-named-nations-no-1-middle-linebacker-by-rivals.html

Last edited by pwd72s; 08-23-2019 at 08:28 AM..
Old 08-23-2019, 08:21 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #30 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pwd72s View Post
After the Oregon Sooner screwing we were eating at a restaurant when a Beaver fan came up to us and offered his condolences. He didn't have much good to say about the Ducks. When we were given the check we saw that he paid our check for us. Thanks, Beaver fan, whoever you are!
Old 08-23-2019, 08:29 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #31 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sooner or later View Post
After the Oregon Sooner screwing we were eating at a restaurant when a Beaver fan came up to us and offered his condolences. He didn't have much good to say about the Ducks. When we were given the check we saw that he paid our check for us. Thanks, Beaver fan, whoever you are!
I remember that...even Fouts, former Oregon QB, announcing the game, complained that the Sooners got screwed.

For what it's worth, I have 2 teams I root for on any given weekend. #1 is the Beavers, #2 is whoever is playing the Ducks.
Old 08-23-2019, 08:33 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #32 (permalink)

Quote:
I remember that...even Fouts, former Oregon QB, announcing the game, complained that the Sooners got screwed.

For what it's worth, I have 2 teams I root for on any given weekend. #1 is the Beavers, #2 is whoever is playing the Ducks.
At the time we didn't know what the hell had happened. They showed no replays on the big screen.

Even with that screwing we had multiple chances to make a play and end the game before the onside kick. Hell, after the play we drove downfield and had a chance to kick a field goal but Stoops ran one extra run play with no time outs and with the clock running down we had to rush a kick that failed miserably.

That said, Oregon is a beautiful State.
Old 08-23-2019, 08:41 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #33 (permalink)
Bland

Garage
Quote:

Evidently, our local high school team has a pretty good linebacker...who knows which college he'll pick?

https://www.oregonlive.com/recruiting/2019/08/keith-brown-2021-lebanon-star-named-nations-no-1-middle-linebacker-by-rivals.html

I bet they win a few, maybe several...
Old 08-23-2019, 03:37 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #34 (permalink)

Garage
Thursday night game - August 29th

Georgia Tech travels to Clemson's Death Valley for an 8:00 game on Thursday (Aug. 29th). The world will get to see what kind of offense the new coach puts on the field! Even if he is very successful, I will still miss Paul Johnson's Triple Option offense!
Old 08-23-2019, 03:43 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #35 (permalink)

Garage
Fielding a team..........

Quote:
Originally Posted by KC911 View Post
...or was that the Criminole's? They all look alike to me....BIGLY
Actually, the only reason the University of Georgia can field a team is because of the local work release program sponsored by the Athens police department.
Old 08-23-2019, 03:46 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #36 (permalink)
G'day!

Garage
Old 08-24-2019, 05:52 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #37 (permalink)
Brew Master

Garage
The good news for me is that I have a long time until I have to hate on Michigan.
Old 08-24-2019, 01:49 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #38 (permalink)
Bland

Garage
Or. Ducks have a shot to make it into the top 10

LSU has a shot at the FOUR

BUT...

The important thing is prevent Deep State from winning it all - so props. for Clemson
Old 08-24-2019, 02:35 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #39 (permalink)
Actual Porsche owner

Garage
It’s not a Big 10 game, but at least it’s football. 20 minutes to go to kickoff. Go Gators (+7.5)!
Old 08-24-2019, 02:39 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #40 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: