Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Miscellaneous and Off Topic Forums > Off Topic Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 1.00 average.
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply
Get off my lawn!

Garage
OK, as a non user, I am curious. How do you apply it? If you rub it on your sore back or knees, does you hand get a big dose or do you wear rubber gloves?

I remember a cartoon from long ago about the breast enlargement cremes. In the cartoon, it worked and the lady had some big boobs, but her hands were enormous as well.

1986 El Camino with Fuel Injected 350 Crate Engine
My Motto: I will never be too old to have a happy childhood!
Old 09-05-2019, 12:23 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #41 (permalink)

Well, I have posted this before, hemp oil saved my sister's life, she had stage 4 cancer in multiple areas, doctors literally gave her 6 months to live (and she didn't look like she like she had 6 weeks, let alone months).
Years later, she is still very much kicking.
I also tried my 82 year old mother on some, and at 1st she didn't think it had any affect, but one day, she was climbing into one of her friends SUV and noticed that she didn't have to lift her leg up to get in, she just climbed in.
Old 09-05-2019, 12:27 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #42 (permalink)
Reelin' In The Years

Quote:
Originally Posted by GH85Carrera View Post
OK, as a non user, I am curious. How do you apply it? If you rub it on your sore back or knees, does you hand get a big dose or do you wear rubber gloves?.
The stuff I buy is paste like.

Tip of the finger, rub it on the inside of my wrist. No smell, very tidy.

The hemp derived CBD has no THC. Like I said, I can buy it at CVS.
Old 09-05-2019, 12:34 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #43 (permalink)

I will believe it actually does something, when it can actually make something- anything worse.
There is not a single true medicine that I am aware of that does not have some bad side effect listed on the label. If there is a true medicinal quality and it actually does something it simply has to have some other effects.
Placebo is a powerful thing. Lots and lots of people have been cured of all kinds of ailments over the years with snake oils, sugar pills and tonics.
We need more studies, but this may just be another one.
Even if it worked for me, that would not prove it is not a placebo.
Gary
Old 09-05-2019, 12:34 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #44 (permalink)
I'm with Bill

We have some oil with 2.5% thc in it. If I take it I notice I am much calmer more relaxed.

I am about to go get my medical card for the THC, a customer gave me some extra of his and man it is the difference between a Tylenol and Hydrocodone regarding pain management.

The difference is I can take the CBD or CBO as they call it without any regard to being groggy or inhibited. The THC will knock me on my ass.

When I take it, I take a dose around 8 PM, by 10 I can feel the drowsiness kicking in. Once I go to bed I am gone until morning and when I wake I am so relaxed it is fantastic.

One night I while it was in me, I moved and my entire back cracked all the way down releasing all the tension I carry, I also wake with finally having relief from a constant stiff neck.

Another night I took it, I rolled over onto my side in the morning to hit the snooze, I was just laying there totally relaxed in the morning and suddenly my should popped back into place, seems it was slightly dislocated? All I know is once it pooped it felt 100x better, I just thought the arthritis I have in it was flaring up. It no longer hurts.

Therefore, I am getting my Med card and getting some oil to help with sleep and getting rid of stress.

Keep in mind like anything do your due diligence there are a lot of companies out there selling some crap to cash in on the trend.

We purchased some crap and almost concluded CBD was snake oil, then we found a little mom and pop local operation selling in a organic store in town. The girl behind the counter knew her stuff and explained a lot to us. Gave us brochures and reading material so we coudl educate ourselves. We purchased a bottle from her and it works fantastic.

I have tried the creams and do not think they help with topical pain. My wrists hurt at the end of the day from carrying my equipment around all day and hoped it would give me some relief and it has not worked.

I do like how the CBD oil really calms me though. I love how the THC oil knocks me out and there is no hangover the next day, or munchies.
2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser - Black Betty
2014 BMW i3 Giga World
Old 09-05-2019, 12:41 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #45 (permalink)

Honey? Sleeve ink? I'm waiting on hemp infused rubbers. Gotta make my pecker bigger, stronger, and pain free! In the meantime even your pup can benefit!

Have you heard about the latest all-natural remedy to help your dog with anxiety, chronic pain and other health issues? An increasing number of pet parents are turning to Cannabidiol (better known as CBD oil) in an effort to improve their dogs’ lives.

S8 Hemp Infused Tattoo Ink is a medical grade, botanical-based, patented tattoo ink that is infused with hemp’s healing properties for a safer and healthier tattoo experience.

Full Spectrum Hemp-Infused Honey
The perfect addition to your favorite foods or cup of tea for a combined benefit of sweetness and pain management. Locally sourced honey from Kentucky and Indiana. Aged in Kentucky bourbon barrels.
Old 09-05-2019, 12:47 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #46 (permalink)

beancounter

Quote:
Originally Posted by flatbutt View Post
Sadly the Peoples Republic of New Jersey doesn't think people with spinal cord damage deserve medical MJ.
^chronic pain is among the debilitating conditions that are eligible for medical MJ in the Garden State.

https://www.nj.gov/health/medicalmarijuana/pat_faqs.shtml

I can assure you that if you want it, you can get medical MJ in NJ. My wife recently went through the process and has a medical MJ permit...she has IBS. There are hoops to jump through but its not a big deal, takes some time and some $$.
Old 09-05-2019, 12:56 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #47 (permalink)
I see you

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwasbury View Post
^chronic pain is among the debilitating conditions that are eligible for medical MJ in the Garden State.

https://www.nj.gov/health/medicalmarijuana/pat_faqs.shtml

I can assure you that if you want it, you can get medical MJ in NJ. My wife recently went through the process and has a medical MJ permit...she has IBS. There are hoops to jump through but its not a big deal, takes some time and some $$.
I have tried, and was told twice that SCI does not qualify. I tried signing up with a known MJ script doctor but he wasn't accepting new patients.

A physician must certify that a patient has an approved debilitating medical condition to participate in the Medicinal Marijuana Program. Approved debilitating medical conditions include:
Amyotrophic lateral sclerosis
Anxiety
Cancer
Chronic Pain
Dysmenorrhea
Glaucoma
Inflammatory bowel disease, including Crohnís disease
Intractable skeletal spasticity
Migraine
Multiple sclerosis
Muscular dystrophy
Opioid Use Disorder
Positive status for Human Immunodeficiency Virus (HIV) and Acquired Deficiency Syndrome (AIDS)
Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
Seizure disorder, including epilepsy
Terminal illness with prognosis of less than 12 months to live
Tourette Syndrome

Old bikers don't get old by accident
equito ergo sum
Old 09-05-2019, 02:30 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #48 (permalink)
be here now

All CBD is not created equally. There is poor quality and very high quality (no pun intended). Naturally you pay more for the good stuff.

I have nerve damage in my feet, very painful. After trying 5 different Rx's from the Neurologist and feeling nothing but the side effects I tried CBD. I am now able to sleep at night and not jump from feeling like my toes are being sawed off. Complete and total relief.

THC.....some of you may not know there is also THC A that has zero psycho active properties. A blend of CBD/THC A is the top of the list of pain relieving remedies. Plus you only feel the effects of THC by ingesting it through edibles or inhaling the smoke.
Old 09-05-2019, 05:41 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #49 (permalink)
OFF THE BOOST PIPE NOW...

Has anyone taken CBD for anxiety? Iíve been taking prescription meds for 35+ years to control it. Some worked. Some didnít.

Now, Iíd like to try something different to control it and help me sleep.

Being a creature of habit (or OCD) Iíd want something I can take either in the morning, at night or both as needed. Seems capsules or a cream would be easiest vs drops.

Recommendations?

Last edited by A930Rocket; 09-06-2019 at 04:27 PM..
Old 09-06-2019, 04:01 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #50 (permalink)
Back in the saddle again

Quote:
Originally Posted by A930Rocket View Post
Recommendations?
I was wondering the same. So many folks keep saying that there are good and bad, but I don't think anyone has advised what has worked best for them or what didn't.

My mom has started taking it for some discomfort in a couple of joints and says that it seems like it works.
'08 Boxster RS60 Spyder #0099/1960
- never named a car before, but this is Charlotte.
'88 targa SOLD 2004 - gone but not forgotten
Old 09-06-2019, 04:44 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #51 (permalink)
be here now

Quote:
Originally Posted by A930Rocket View Post
Has anyone taken CBD for anxiety? Iíve been taking prescription meds for 35+ years to control it. Some worked. Some didnít.

Now, Iíd like to try something different to control it and help me sleep.

Being a creature of habit (or OCD) Iíd want something I can take either in the morning, at night or both as needed. Seems capsules or a cream would be easiest vs drops.

Recommendations?
Used to take Ambien to get a good nights sleep. Now half a dropper under the tongue and totally relaxed and easy to go to sleep.

Old 09-06-2019, 05:02 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #52 (permalink)

3.4 Bigger is better

This is what i am using. Couple of drops under the tongue

04 996 40th Anniversary
88 911 Diamond Blue CE Carrera 3.4 HC3.4 member
2016 Acura RDX
Old 09-06-2019, 06:22 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #53 (permalink)

^^^ Thanks Guys.

What other brands is everyone using? With a multitude of choices, PPOT has usually done their homework.
Old 09-07-2019, 04:33 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #54 (permalink)
unsafe at any speed

Wife and I have been using "Canada RX" 1000 mg. Our trusted pharmacist of 30+ years recommended it for us, to help me with anxiety from work stress, and to help my wife with insomnia, and arthritis in her knees. We have been using it for about a month. I have had huge success. No more stressing out about work deadlines, and I sleep like a baby... Many nights I don't even have to get up and pee at 3:00am. 4 or 5 drops of the oil under the tongue at night before bed, and the same in the morning.

Have had zero side effects. Libido is still as strong as ever, which can't be said for some of the other meds I tried.

Last edited by wswartzwel; 09-07-2019 at 06:36 AM..
Old 09-07-2019, 06:25 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #55 (permalink)
I'm with Bill

As I said in an earlier post this stuff is the good stuff we ended up with. The first one we purchased was garbage.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
2014 BMW i3 Giga World
Old 09-07-2019, 08:14 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #56 (permalink)
I'm with Bill

This is the stuff my friend gave me that makes me sleep like a baby.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
2014 BMW i3 Giga World
Old 09-07-2019, 08:16 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #57 (permalink)

Thanks again.

Looking online at the suggestions.
Old 09-07-2019, 08:32 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #58 (permalink)

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by gchappel View Post
I will believe it actually does something, when it can actually make something- anything worse.
There is not a single true medicine that I am aware of that does not have some bad side effect listed on the label. If there is a true medicinal quality and it actually does something it simply has to have some other effects.
Placebo is a powerful thing. Lots and lots of people have been cured of all kinds of ailments over the years with snake oils, sugar pills and tonics.
We need more studies, but this may just be another one.
Even if it worked for me, that would not prove it is not a placebo.
Gary
Iíve used CBD on my epileptic dog for a few years. I was able to reduce his Phenobarbital use up 1/3 while greatly reducing the frequency and severity of his seizures.

There IS a side effect - drowsiness and some lethargy initially.
2000 996 Carrera
1984 911 Carrera Cab
Old 09-08-2019, 12:46 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #59 (permalink)

Methinks its about like glucosamine....some say yes, some no, some placebo...

Dawgs don't say placebo tho'....and the suppliment absolutely helped one of mine (Vet supplied) for two yrs. while another Vet friend didn't think the joint "snake oil" worked and never prescribed it....YMMV.

Old 09-08-2019, 04:49 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #60 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: