Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Miscellaneous and Off Topic Forums > Off Topic Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 1.00 average.
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

I decided to try CBD oil, not hemp seed oil. I’m buying it online through Beam and chose The One which is 1000 mg no THC. I’ll report back after a week or so of using it.

Old 09-09-2019, 11:51 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #61 (permalink)
beancounter

you have chronic pain...that's on the list.

find another doctor. I can get the name of the one my wife used if you're interested. Not positive but I think she said the doc was in Clifton.

Quote:
Originally Posted by flatbutt View Post
I have tried, and was told twice that SCI does not qualify. I tried signing up with a known MJ script doctor but he wasn't accepting new patients.

A physician must certify that a patient has an approved debilitating medical condition to participate in the Medicinal Marijuana Program. Approved debilitating medical conditions include:
Amyotrophic lateral sclerosis
Anxiety
Cancer
Chronic Pain
Dysmenorrhea
Glaucoma
Inflammatory bowel disease, including Crohn’s disease
Intractable skeletal spasticity
Migraine
Multiple sclerosis
Muscular dystrophy
Opioid Use Disorder
Positive status for Human Immunodeficiency Virus (HIV) and Acquired Deficiency Syndrome (AIDS)
Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
Seizure disorder, including epilepsy
Terminal illness with prognosis of less than 12 months to live
Tourette Syndrome
Old 09-09-2019, 02:39 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #62 (permalink)
Back in the saddle again

It sounds like some of you use topical, and some use sublingual.

Interesting, our local Whole Foods has some topical stuff now.
'08 Boxster RS60 Spyder #0099/1960
- never named a car before, but this is Charlotte.
'88 targa SOLD 2004 - gone but not forgotten
Old 09-14-2019, 12:54 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #63 (permalink)
OFF THE BOOST PIPE NOW...

My capsules from Bluebird can in yesterday. Started with two tonight and we’ll see how it goes.

Directions say one gel cap up to eight times a day. A bottle of 60 won’t last long.
Old 09-14-2019, 07:50 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #64 (permalink)
Get off my lawn!

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by flatbutt View Post
I have tried, and was told twice that SCI does not qualify. I tried signing up with a known MJ script doctor but he wasn't accepting new patients.

A physician must certify that a patient has an approved debilitating medical condition to participate in the Medicinal Marijuana Program. Approved debilitating medical conditions include:
Amyotrophic lateral sclerosis
Anxiety
Cancer
Chronic Pain
Dysmenorrhea
Glaucoma
Inflammatory bowel disease, including Crohn’s disease
Intractable skeletal spasticity
Migraine
Multiple sclerosis
Muscular dystrophy
Opioid Use Disorder
Positive status for Human Immunodeficiency Virus (HIV) and Acquired Deficiency Syndrome (AIDS)
Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
Seizure disorder, including epilepsy
Terminal illness with prognosis of less than 12 months to live
Tourette Syndrome
That is the type of list that makes it sound like a snake oil. Anything that can treat (or claim to treat) Multiple Sclerosis, glaucoma, and and terminal illness? sounds like the old Hadacol

https://www.historynet.com/dudley-leblanc-and-the-hadacol-boogie.htm

I would love to hear CBD can help with even one of those symptoms. Color me skeptical. Anything can can help with terminal illness or ALS just reeks of major BS. I honestly hope I am wrong about that.
1986 El Camino with Fuel Injected 350 Crate Engine
My Motto: I will never be too old to have a happy childhood!
Old 09-15-2019, 10:15 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #65 (permalink)
Back in the saddle again

Quote:
Originally Posted by GH85Carrera View Post
That is the type of list that makes it sound like a snake oil. Anything that can treat (or claim to treat) Multiple Sclerosis, glaucoma, and and terminal illness? sounds like the old Hadacol

https://www.historynet.com/dudley-leblanc-and-the-hadacol-boogie.htm

I would love to hear CBD can help with even one of those symptoms. Color me skeptical. Anything can can help with terminal illness or ALS just reeks of major BS. I honestly hope I am wrong about that.
I can only assume that many/most of those ailments include some sort of inflammation (don't most things) and CBD has an impact on inflammation, so technically, it would help with anything that involves inflammation.

Also, just because some folks claim that something helps with lots of stuff, doesn't mean that it doesn't help with anything.
'08 Boxster RS60 Spyder #0099/1960
- never named a car before, but this is Charlotte.
'88 targa SOLD 2004 - gone but not forgotten
Old 09-15-2019, 06:04 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #66 (permalink)

Yes it helps, I stopped my Hydrocodone and Soma now for over two weeks since taking it twice a day. In the AM, 4 drops of 90/10 in my coffee, first cup of the day. The 4 drops of 50/50 at night and I'll sleep the night through with no leg pain or cramps. I pretty much stopped all the pain in both knees, both hips and both shoulders. It also stopped the pain on the right side of my head from the cancer surgery then radiation almost a year next month. I did not ease the tightness from the skin and muscles being pulled back into place but that area does not hurt.

Make sure if you try it to get the CBD that has been inspected/tested for purity and is in a sealed box, soft of like cough medicine would be.
Old 09-15-2019, 10:00 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #67 (permalink)
#trudeaumustgo

Perhaps it's a placebo, but walked by a store yesterday with CBD sampler (spray-on).

Tried some on my lower back, felt better all afternoon.
Old 09-16-2019, 04:44 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #68 (permalink)

Garage
I have tried 2 (LN & Sup) suggested on this thread. Taste is not terrible, but does nothing for my stress. Still waking up at 2 am and not able to turn off the thoughts. Doubled the dose (of 2-3 drops) of "high potency" and "full spectrum" and no change. No real effects at all TBH. I will try a couple more products before I say this is oil of snake. In my long ago youth I did try the traditional smoke version, knocked me on my rear, lights out rather than a fun party friend. This stuff so far is nowhere even on the same hemisphere. And no, I am not going to light up...older and wiser now.

Stress for me is a moving target. Some days none, others lots, all manifest a few hours after I go to sleep. Thinking more exercise and beer is my true solution.

Last edited by JavaBrewer; 09-16-2019 at 07:00 PM..
Old 09-16-2019, 06:55 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #69 (permalink)
OFF THE BOOST PIPE NOW...

No incredible transformation yet, but I’m taking half of the amount of Benadryl I was taking. We’ll give it more time and get off the Benadryl all together.
Old 09-16-2019, 07:20 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #70 (permalink)

The best CBD!

The drops under the tongue works better than the capsules.

https://www.311cbd.com
Old 11-01-2019, 03:10 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #71 (permalink)

A guy from church has been suffering from fibromyalgia for about 7 years. It took about 3 or 4 years for him to be diagnosed with it. Medications/prescriptions just didn't seem to be helping much. Just about 2 months ago- he mentioned in our small group meeting that he was going to try something different. First thing that came to my mind was CBD oil. He started using it about a month ago. Within 2 days, he noticed a decrease in pain. The fourth day he was essentially pain free. He has gone golfing several times in the past few weeks - something he has not done for years.

'83 SC Targa - since 5/5/2001
'06 911 S Aerokit - from 5/2/2016 to 11/14/2018
Old 11-01-2019, 07:49 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #72 (permalink)

Checked out

It does work and do good for a lot of people. Exactly how, I'm not sure is entirely known.
Old 11-01-2019, 07:58 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #73 (permalink)
Nice guy eddie

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by 88-diamondblue View Post
Started taking it while on a trip to Amsterdam. Have had lower back pain for a long time and really gets bad flying. Started it a couple of days before we came home. No back pain. I used to hobble around in pain until around noon. Also have arthritis in my thumbs, the pain is gone. I have cut way back on ibuprofen as a result. Just make sure to get a good one. A friends brother with chronic pain for the last 20 years started on it and was pain free. He tried a cheaper one and did not work. The TSA has approved CBD Oil on flights as long as it is derived from Hemp.
This would be my concern, not knowing the quality or undesirable ingredients present in the oil bought. Because it's quite unregulated, it seems tricky. I searched and quickly found this article, it's pretty informative:

https://www.projectcbd.org/cbd-101/what-is-cbd-oil
Old 11-01-2019, 08:02 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #74 (permalink)
Checked out

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Rogers View Post

Make sure if you try it to get the CBD that has been inspected/tested for purity and is in a sealed box, soft of like cough medicine would be.
Totally agree. I think a lot of people get no result because they're actually not getting any CBD in their "CBD" product.

Genuine, quality full spectrum CBD isn't cheap. There's a lot of incentive for makers to chest on it, esp. if they're a fly by night company, which a lot of CBD is.

Needs to be sealed, and the Certificate of Analysis must be provided so you know exactly what you're taking.
Old 11-01-2019, 08:04 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #75 (permalink)

The note about getting a sealed and certified product is right exactly. I go to the only licensed and certified shop in LaMesa CA as they are inspected and I am not sure who does that sort of thing, maybe Cheece and Chong, but the CBD oil I bought was in a sealed box and the cap was sealed. They had samples of THC gummies out and the guy behind the counter showed me the bag they were in.

To help with sleeping try using 50/50 CBD/THC as it will relax you more. That is what we use at night and I sleep until the new puppy wakes me up at 5:30 or 6:00 to want to go out side.
Old 11-01-2019, 08:14 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #76 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by speeder View Post
This would be my concern, not knowing the quality or undesirable ingredients present in the oil bought. Because it's quite unregulated, it seems tricky. I searched and quickly found this article, it's pretty informative:

https://www.projectcbd.org/cbd-101/what-is-cbd-oil
From the article:

"To reiterate: CBD oil in not the same as “hemp oil” or “hemp seed oil.” Some companies are manufacturing inferior products by spiking hemp seed oil with a CBD isolate. Such products lack the synergistic array of beneficial components found in full-spectrum CBD-rich oil."

That's the other thing. Most CBD being sold is isolate, not full spectrum.

The 311 CBD oil is full spectrum, lab tested, US made and the detailed test results are on the 311cbd.com webpage. It's the real deal, not the hemp seed junk many places sell.

Also the price for 750mg is very fair, lower actually than most. The nice thing is you don't need to go to a dispensary, it's mailed to you.

311 has been around forever and is legit.

Last edited by G50; 11-01-2019 at 09:25 PM..
Old 11-01-2019, 09:21 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #77 (permalink)

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by LWJ View Post
What a great question. I know a chemist that claims the molecule is too large to pass through the skin.

Lots of people swear by it.

No idea.
Placebo effect is real.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bugsinrugs View Post
It works for me. Neck pain was so bad that I was taking 4-6 ibuprofen a day. CBD has eliminated my need for Ibuprofen. Good CBD shouldn’t have any THC in it. It is made from hemp.
How long were you taking ibu for neck pain?
How long on CBD until neck pain was gone?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 88-diamondblue View Post
Started taking it while on a trip to Amsterdam. Have had lower back pain for a long time and really gets bad flying. Started it a couple of days before we came home. No back pain.
Most back pain goes away in 2 weeks.
CBD Coincidence?
Old 11-01-2019, 09:32 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #78 (permalink)
The Unsettler

Send a message via AIM to stomachmonkey
Quote:
Originally Posted by sugarwood View Post
Placebo effect is real

Most back pain goes away in 2 weeks.
CBD Coincidence?
Placebo effect or actual effect, what’s the difference if users get relief?

Pain is gone, who gives **** why.

Desired result achieved.
Old 11-01-2019, 09:42 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #79 (permalink)
Just thinking out loud

I've tried CBD a few times, and could feel it working almost instantly. It was e-cig vapor variety, but I will not be using an e-cig because of reports of respiratory illness. Don't need it now anyway, losing weight alleviates pain.

Old 11-02-2019, 06:39 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #80 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: