Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Miscellaneous and Off Topic Forums > Off Topic Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 1.00 average.
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

I use CBD oil almost daily sublingually. It seems to have taken the edge off my anxiety. I bought a 30 ml bottle of 1000mg THC free tincture from “beam”.

Old 12-08-2019, 09:30 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #101 (permalink)
credulous Boomer rube

CBD works for me. Helps me sleep. Aids with anxiety control. Some pain relief. I have been using on a daily basis for over 18 months.

The quality of the CBD is everything. Some of the chemical processes used by certain producers are harsh enough to destroy the beneficial organic compounds of the oil. I have found the a full spectrum CBD produces the best results. Elixinol has become my "go to" manufacturer. Great product.
Old 12-09-2019, 05:53 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #102 (permalink)
Slackerous Maximus

My wife is a physician who specializes in pain management.

While there are many wild claims about CBD, there is no question that is does have areas where it is a effective. This is particularly true of kids with epilepsy. Her objection to the whole thing is that there are standard treatments that are often more effective, and there is no regulation of the industry, so it's very questionable what people are getting.
Old 12-09-2019, 10:47 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #103 (permalink)

Location: Reno NV, Bay Area during most weeks,, Kids still in NH
Send a message via AIM to 9dreizig
Quote:
Originally Posted by A930Rocket View Post
Has anyone taken CBD for anxiety? Iíve been taking prescription meds for 35+ years to control it. Some worked. Some didnít.

Now, Iíd like to try something different to control it and help me sleep.

Being a creature of habit (or OCD) Iíd want something I can take either in the morning, at night or both as needed. Seems capsules or a cream would be easiest vs drops.

Recommendations?
I have a rescue Labradoodle that has crazy anxiety.. I give him a couple of CBD doggie treats and it helps a lot.
91 Spec Miata (yeah I race a chick car)
"life"ll kill ya" Warren Zevon
Old 12-11-2019, 04:10 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #104 (permalink)

I now take CBD by envyhemp in the morning & the results are awesome. Little to no back pain, mood & alertness is great & I am coming off antidepressants and opiods with multiple side effects that I have been on for 8 years that made me feel like a zombie

Last edited by rayshow; 01-22-2020 at 03:17 AM..
Old 01-20-2020, 06:28 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #105 (permalink)

After my second rotator cuff surgery I took Opioids for two days. The pain was crazy bad. The Opioids made me loopy directionless. Stopped taking them and with a bit of CBD I was able to cope.
Old 01-20-2020, 08:47 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #106 (permalink)
Actual Porsche owner

Garage
A few weeks ago I read an article about CBD oil. It might work IF you get the right stuff. The problem with it now that is CBD has become a fad and all kinds of charlatans are trying to cash in. The stuff they tested varied widely in the amount of CBD it contained. There are no standards and no regulation. There is an industry association, but it only only "certifies" the people who push it, it doesn't promote any quality or quantity standards.
I would find out what they guys here use that has helped and get what they use. Otherwise it's a crapshoot.
Old 01-20-2020, 09:17 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #107 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by HardDrive View Post
My wife is a physician who specializes in pain management.

While there are many wild claims about CBD, there is no question that is does have areas where it is a effective. This is particularly true of kids with epilepsy. Her objection to the whole thing is that there are standard treatments that are often more effective, and there is no regulation of the industry, so it's very questionable what people are getting.
In States that have legalized medical marijuana, patients can obtain regulated CBD products as well as THC and CBD combinations, and are widely used for pain management, as well as successfully weaning patients from opioids and psychiatric medicines.

A State that forbids medical marijuana is doing a disservice to itís citizens in this day and age.
H. L. Mencken
Old 01-20-2020, 11:27 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #108 (permalink)
300hp 1800lbs is the goal

Garage
Will let you know when my babies bloom. 😄😄
Old 01-20-2020, 12:00 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #109 (permalink)
OFF THE BOOST PIPE NOW...

Talked to my doc today about it. Showed him online what I was taking and he said it was weak sauce. Recommend Lazarus and Iíll order when I use up my existing stock (which he said take 20ml vs the 5-10ml dose on the bottle to get the best effect.

Old 01-20-2020, 06:10 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #110 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: