Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Miscellaneous and Off Topic Forums > Off Topic Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 1.00 average.
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Quote:
Originally Posted by onewhippedpuppy View Post
GT500 has always been more of a cruiser and drag car, not a sports car intended to mix it up with Porsches. Hence the auto. It’s about demographics, and maybe the fact that they don’t have a manual that can handle that much torque.

Sorry but I call BS on the Mercedes story. You’re telling me that a major auto manufacturer on a mainstream appliance SUV created a one off drivetrain including integration with all other vehicle systems and they charged $3k for it? No freaking way, those days are about 50 years bygone. Guarantee that there was an option, albeit a special order one, for locking diffs.
read my post again.

I guess it was closer to $2500 but I'm sure that won't make you any more convinced so:

https://mbworld.org/forums/gl-class-x164/358837-gl-550-off-road-package-2010-facelift.html

Old 09-18-2019, 03:39 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #41 (permalink)
Did you get the memo?

Special order doesn’t mean it was a one off option just because a customer asked for it. There are lots of options available via special order, especially on a luxury vehicle. Your post implied that they installed the off road package simply because a customer requested it. Most likely the buyer spec’d out that Mercedes and had it built to order as opposed to buying one out of inventory. Look at the Porsche website there are dozens of special order options on their vehicle configurator tool. But I don’t care how good of a customer you are, they won’t build you a new 911 Turbo with a stick.*

* Yes I know they are all turbos now, you know what I mean.
Old 09-18-2019, 04:03 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #42 (permalink)

Garage
I wear one of these. May not help you but it saves me a lot of pain.

Old 09-18-2019, 04:05 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #43 (permalink)

Quote:
Special order doesn’t mean it was a one off option just because a customer asked for it. There are lots of options available via special order, especially on a luxury vehicle. Your post implied that they installed the off road package simply because a customer requested it. Most likely the buyer spec’d out that Mercedes and had it built to order as opposed to buying one out of inventory. Look at the Porsche website there are dozens of special order options on their vehicle configurator tool. But I don’t care how good of a customer you are, they won’t build you a new 911 Turbo with a stick.*

* Yes I know they are all turbos now, you know what I mean.
A Reno dealer spec'd the car and the original owner bought it off the lot. The option was no more or less special than putting an automatic in a PP2 car. I don't know if there would be any software considerations but likely not much more (if any) than my MB.

As indicated in my original post, these are all parts that exist for these cars already. There is no magic involved especially for the Mustang--just someone willing to say "ok, we'll do it" instead of "nope".
Old 09-18-2019, 05:33 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #44 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackDidley View Post
I wear one of these. May not help you but it saves me a lot of pain.

Thanks...looks like it makes the ankle rigid? I do plan on looking into ortho remedies...

Guys, I doubt like hell you could order a new Bullitt Mustang with the 10 speed auto. They'd just instantly suggest a similar equipped GT Mustang with the auto.
Old 09-18-2019, 05:56 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #45 (permalink)
Did you get the memo?

Quote:
Originally Posted by pavulon View Post
A Reno dealer spec'd the car and the original owner bought it off the lot. The option was no more or less special than putting an automatic in a PP2 car. I don't know if there would be any software considerations but likely not much more (if any) than my MB.

As indicated in my original post, these are all parts that exist for these cars already. There is no magic involved especially for the Mustang--just someone willing to say "ok, we'll do it" instead of "nope".
Except for the fact that it was an option on your car and an auto is not on the PP2 Mustang. So let’s not make it out like this is something special.

Btw you can get an auto on the PP1 so this is much ado about nothing.

Last edited by onewhippedpuppy; 09-18-2019 at 06:27 PM..
Old 09-18-2019, 06:24 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #46 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pwd72s View Post
Thanks...looks like it makes the ankle rigid? I do plan on looking into ortho remedies...

Guys, I doubt like hell you could order a new Bullitt Mustang with the 10 speed auto. They'd just instantly suggest a similar equipped GT Mustang with the auto.
Iím sure you are correct...but itís still absurd that they canít get dark green paint and an automatic to interface.
Old 09-18-2019, 06:26 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #47 (permalink)

Quote:
Except for the fact that it was an option on your car and an auto is not on the PP2 Mustang. So letís not make it out like this is something special.

Btw you can get an auto on the PP1 so this is much ado about nothing.
PP1 isnít PP2 any more than a non P30 E63 is a P30 E63 or steel brakes are ceramics.
Old 09-18-2019, 06:38 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #48 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pavulon View Post
I’m sure you are correct...but it’s still absurd that they can’t get dark green paint and an automatic to interface.
Dunno if "Guard Green" is still available. Dark Highland Green is reserved for Bullitt models only. Guard Green is close...was offered recently, not sure about now. (edit) Ford site says no green on 2020 'Stangs except the Bullitt, which is 6 speed only.

Last edited by pwd72s; 09-18-2019 at 10:20 PM..
Old 09-18-2019, 06:38 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #49 (permalink)
Insert Tag Line HERE.....

Garage
Send a message via AIM to rattlsnak
Maybe get a Black Audi Wagon?

(going old school with that one.. Some of you will get it, many of you won't lol..)
Old 09-18-2019, 07:29 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #50 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rattlsnak View Post
Maybe get a Black Audi Wagon?

(going old school with that one.. Some of you will get it, many of you won't lol..)
LOL! Actually my first plan is to go through local health providers...see is something can be done to enable me to keep the car I like...it served me well until...so hope something can be done so I can keep it.

Went to the Ford build site earlier tonight, looking at option packages...even printed out what I'd want IF I ordered one. But then I thought: Hell, I really don't want a new one. I'd be happier if I could just keep what I have. The '09 just fits me except for my foot.

Tobra, Toby, thanks for the PM. I printed it out and I will be exploring those options. Count on it!
Old 09-18-2019, 10:18 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #51 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: