Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Miscellaneous and Off Topic Forums > Off Topic Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 3.00 average.
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply
A Marchand fan before you

Garage
States with the most miserable cities

CA - 10 cities
NY - 9
FL - 6

https://www.foxnews.com/us/california-new-jersey-well-represented-on-list-of-miserable-us-cities
Old 10-06-2019, 04:22 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Garage
PARF is leaking.
Old 10-06-2019, 04:52 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)
Bland

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by brshap View Post
PARF is leaking.
https://health.clevelandclinic.org/you-can-improve-accidental-bowel-leakage/
Old 10-06-2019, 05:56 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)
Nice guy eddie

Garage
Travel writers occasionally compile a list of the most beautiful states in the U.S., from first to worst. CA. is always #1, it isnít really close. Alaska and Hawaii jostle for 2nd place, depending on the list.

Where this loser lives isnít even in the top 30.
Old 10-06-2019, 06:26 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)
Insert Tag Line HERE.....

Garage
Send a message via AIM to rattlsnak
Tijuana is a great city from a geographical/beauty point of view, but what a s h i t hole...
Old 10-06-2019, 06:31 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)
Nice guy eddie

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by rattlsnak View Post
Tijuana is a great city from a geographical/beauty point of view, but what a s h i t hole...
No itís not. Have you been there?
Old 10-06-2019, 06:41 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

Bandwidth AbUser

Quote:
Originally Posted by speeder View Post
Travel writers occasionally compile a list of the most beautiful states in the U.S., from first to worst. CA. is always #1, it isnít really close. Alaska and Hawaii jostle for 2nd place, depending on the list.

Where this loser lives isnít even in the top 30.
Denis, isnít it better that everyone outside of CA, and those inside CA that are too miserable to enjoy it, continue to think that this state is a hellhole? Better for us, eh?
Old 10-06-2019, 06:53 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)
Nice guy eddie

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Richards View Post
Denis, isnít it better that everyone outside of CA, and those inside CA that are too miserable to enjoy it, continue to think that this state is a hellhole? Better for us, eh?
Itís irrelevant because none of them have the resources or talent to live here.
Old 10-06-2019, 07:09 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Por_sha911 View Post
I guess you could extrapolate the fact that the states whose people have the fewest teeth are the happiest?
Old 10-06-2019, 07:12 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #9 (permalink)
Nice guy eddie

Garage
I should qualify that to mean, ďmove here in 2019.Ē It used to be easier. The bottom line is that California is not Trump country, so it must be attacked by the minions of Fox News and the rest of the dumb schit propaganda machine. It gets tiring.
Old 10-06-2019, 07:13 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #10 (permalink)

Some threads dissolve due to boredom. This one started boring, yes and PARF-y as heck.
How about we do : "States where Les Miserables is in production"?
Now that would be even more boring of a topic, but only by a little.

How about: States which would be the poorest states in the Union if you REMOVED the cities?
For instance, if NYC were to be "removed" from New York State it would be second poorest State in the Union after Alabama.
So whether you like big cities or not ,they tend to generate a large deal of guaranteed tax income for the non-city.
The real problem is not city vs. country the really big problem is if one get's ALL their information from Fox "News" and then repeats what they hear on Fox "News" they tend to sound rather daft, and that's a problem anywhere: city, country, suburb ...
'99 MX-5
7 bicycles and a Metro Card...

Last edited by Kraftwerk; 10-07-2019 at 08:40 AM..
Old 10-06-2019, 07:48 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #11 (permalink)
Groucho Marxist

Garage
bogus list, does not have Stockton on it

Mark Twain
Old 10-06-2019, 09:23 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #12 (permalink)

Garage
Haha haha resources or talent..... good one.

Be careful walking through doorways so your ego doesn’t get in the way.
Old 10-06-2019, 09:29 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #13 (permalink)
Just thinking out loud

Austin Texas turned into a s h i t hole really fast. Glad I left.
Old 10-07-2019, 04:02 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #14 (permalink)

Classy thread. Both sides showing their arse.
Old 10-07-2019, 04:16 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #15 (permalink)

I was surprised to see in another list like this, that Pa, has a few of the most dangerous cities in the country. Mostly out east, closer to Phily .
Im glad I was born talented, and get to live in a really nice place
1976 930( peru red usa) ,1980 euro sc, 1974 914. 1997 M3, , 2004 Duramax 3500 quad cab dually . 2004 2500 HD Gas 1989 Yamaha xt 350. 2004 Turbo Pepperwagon, 1976 Chevrolet C 60 Rollback towtruck. 2006 x3 a few old tractors, and tons of tools
Old 10-07-2019, 05:42 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #16 (permalink)
Content User

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kraftwerk View Post
. . . The real problem is not city vs. country the really big problem is if one get's ALL their information from Fox "News" and then repeats what they hear on Fox "News" they tend to sound rather daft, and that's a problem anywhere: city, country, suburb ...
You're thinking a long the right lines, but need to be more general. If you get all your information from one perspective you end up in the same place as you describe. Doesn't matter whether it's Fox, CNN, or whatever. Even just viewing the world from your own perspective (economic situation, cultural, etc.) is somewhat myopic. It's a difficult thing to do, but thinking about a topic from another persons point of view makes things really interesting. The thing is, this tends to demonstrates just how complex some of these problems are and how difficult it is to find a solution. I think part of the problem with people in general is we want to see something in a way in which can understand it, so the simple two-dimensional view is easiest.
1998 986 Boxster - Black - SOLD
1984 944 - Red - SOLD
Old 10-07-2019, 09:00 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #17 (permalink)
White and Nerdy

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kraftwerk View Post
How about: States which would be the poorest states in the Union if you REMOVED the cities?
For instance, if NYC were to be "removed" from New York State it would be second poorest State in the Union after Alabama.
Is this including removing Huntsville Alabama from Alabama?
Old 10-07-2019, 10:23 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #18 (permalink)
I see you

n compiling its rankings, Business Insider said it used U.S. Census information to analyze 1,000 U.S. cities on metrics such as crime, drug addiction, population changes, job opportunities, commute times, household incomes, abandoned homes and effects from problems such as natural disasters.

HA! Camden IS a natural disaster!

Old bikers don't get old by accident
equito ergo sum
Old 10-07-2019, 11:01 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #19 (permalink)
Groucho Marxist

Garage
Resources and talent are leaving California and a pretty alarming rate.

Mark Twain
Old 10-07-2019, 11:15 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #20 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: