Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Miscellaneous and Off Topic Forums > Off Topic Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

I'm gonna go with this one......

https://youtu.be/3iacNl9Gxu8

As a population, we must all adjust our activities and interactions, to give way to self-centered d-bags who cannot move through the world without continuously staring into their cell phones.

Look at Me?? Look up from your damn phone!

Old 01-19-2020, 05:15 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #61 (permalink)
another round please

1. Hate the new Chevy ad with the bearded guy asking small children what do some of the options and features do. WTF? 2. Been on for years, but I hate the ones showing only the mom and kids, no dad. She's doing everything. Then if there is a dad, he comes across as a complete dufuss jerk.
Old 01-19-2020, 05:55 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #62 (permalink)

Garage
OK I'm going to say this and I'm going to take some heat for it but here goes:

There sure seems to be a lot of mixed-races couples in ads these days.
Not that there is anything wrong with that but it's just an observation on my part.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/ury914/
Old 01-19-2020, 06:56 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #63 (permalink)
Vinyl pimp

Garage
It's called touching all the bases......
Old 01-19-2020, 06:57 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #64 (permalink)
Vinyl pimp

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by rfuerst911sc View Post
The douche nozzle in the Lincoln SUV ice fishing .......... with binoculars 😟
Thatís Matthew Mc Conahy. (Doc maybe)
Old 01-19-2020, 09:58 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #65 (permalink)

Garage
I agree with Paul, like companies are trying to hard to please everyone.
Old 01-19-2020, 11:35 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #66 (permalink)

another round please

I agree. Blacks comprise about 14 % of the population. If you look at tv ads, plus radio and tv voiceover's, they account for about 75% of these two media's. It's to me, a bit overblown and for what?
Old 01-20-2020, 04:07 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #67 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dafischer View Post
Let's not forget "Don't take it if you're alergic to it."
Yes - that's my favorite also. I guess you are supposed to know ahead of taking the drug that you will be allergic to it. It has to be reverse psychology - mentioning all the side effects causes you to remember the commercial better than not mentioning them.

There must be some law or regulation that requires them to mention side-effects on TV otherwise they would not pay for that air-time.
We presume that it provides some protection against if someone taking the drug experiences a side effect but e.g. their doctor didn't mention it.
The drug company's position would then be - "Five years ago in a TV ad we mentioned the side effect you are experiencing - therefore you were adequately warned and we are not paying damages for any pain/suffering/etc." Is that how that would go?
Old 01-20-2020, 06:14 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #68 (permalink)

Current most annoying commercial: The NURX birth control ad with the Wicked Witch of the East blow drying her hair then riding the stationary bike then glad to get her birth control by mail. Other than the side effects for her general health, some dude is having sex with that ugly chick and like the Peloton ad he needs to be outed!
Old 01-20-2020, 11:58 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #69 (permalink)

Garage
Any Buick ad for the last 8 years. They still use that awful music.
Old 01-20-2020, 12:27 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #70 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by URY914 View Post
There sure seems to be a lot of mixed-races couples in ads these days.
Not that there is anything wrong with that but it's just an observation on my part.
I was going to post just that about the mixed race couples - similarly the gay/lesbian couples as well.

And our dog starts barking when the TV commercial uses the doorbell sound!

'83 SC Targa - since 5/5/2001
'06 911 S Aerokit - from 5/2/2016 to 11/14/2018
Old 01-20-2020, 04:52 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #71 (permalink)
"O"man(are we in trouble)

There are too many commercials and.......

I hate them all!!!
Old 01-21-2020, 05:37 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #72 (permalink)
A Marchand fan before you

Garage
Screamer commercials: Billy Mays is king of these. Local auto dealerships also suck.
On a humorous note: "I hate Frumpies Potato Chips" (Bonus points if anyone knows where the are mentioned)
Old 01-25-2020, 11:01 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #73 (permalink)

"mahk" taking one on that Gillette didn't run long...sales dropped after it ran.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QhrVZyOBmvQ
Old 01-25-2020, 11:21 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #74 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Por_sha911 View Post
Screamer commercials: Billy Mays is king of these.
Billy Mays died over 10 years ago.... still fresh in our minds, tho... Oxyclean...
Old 01-25-2020, 11:38 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #75 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Bob View Post
Thatís Matthew Mc Conahy. (Doc maybe)
Any of his ads...especially the Lincoln ads. Does anybody think he really made that Masse' shot in the ad touting the car's electronic nannies?
Old 01-25-2020, 11:53 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #76 (permalink)

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by tcar View Post
Billy Mays died over 10 years ago.... still fresh in our minds, tho... Oxyclean...
Some other loud mouth showed up after him but didn't do as well.

In the meantime, anyone know where Frumpies Chips come from? (Hint think 70's)
Old 01-25-2020, 11:55 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #77 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pwd72s View Post
Any of his ads...especially the Lincoln ads. Does anybody think he really made that Masse' shot in the ad touting the car's electronic nannies?
Lincoln must pay him well. Does anybody think he really writes his own ads?
Old 01-25-2020, 12:21 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #78 (permalink)
The Mighty Pieholio

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Por_sha911 View Post
In the meantime, anyone know where Frumpies Chips come from? (Hint think 70's)
I cheated and will remain silent.
Old 01-25-2020, 02:41 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #79 (permalink)

Garage
Its a great movie

Old 01-25-2020, 03:29 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #80 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: