Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Miscellaneous and Off Topic Forums > Off Topic Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply
Vinyl pimp

Garage
Most annoying TV commercials.....

The top three gotta be Liberty Mutual, Geico and Progressive.....the Mayhem guy is actually funny. Liberty ads get muted right away.....most times I change the channel. Jesus, we know you are out there stop shoving down our throats.

Then to round out the top ten, ANY drug commercial followed by the stupid Peloton stationary bike thingy. Yeah, right....give the fat old lady a bike that goes nowhere and see how happy she gonna be....

Old 12-07-2019, 08:46 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)
madcorgi

Chevy's hideous campaign with the metrosexual dude was the worst. I actually like some of the Flo commercials, like the ones where she visits her twin sister.
Old 12-07-2019, 08:52 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Add National Rental Car to that list. Can't stand the actor in that ad. Hit the mute
button every time it comes on.
Old 12-07-2019, 09:19 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by serene911 View Post
Add National Rental Car to that list. Can't stand the actor in that ad. Hit the mute
button every time it comes on.
Ah. Patrick Warburton. aka "David Puddy" from Seinfeld TV series fame. As far as I can tell, he's the only ex-Seinfeld actor/actress that is still making a living portraying the same actor he was on the show years ago, so he must have had some type of negotiation skills with Jerry. That's what I find amusing about those ads.
Old 12-07-2019, 09:58 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)
(the shotguns)

Quote:
Originally Posted by madcorgi View Post
Chevy's hideous campaign with the metrosexual dude was the worst. I actually like some of the Flo commercials, like the ones where she visits her twin sister.

My god yes. Hate those stupid ‘real people’ gm ads.
Well i had #6 adjusted perfectly but then just before i tightened it a butterfly in Zimbabwe farted and now i have to start all over again!
I believe we all make mistakes but I will not validate your poor choices and/or perversions and subsidize the results your actions.
Old 12-07-2019, 11:01 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

Anybody mention political ads yet? Sadly, their season has barely started...
Old 12-07-2019, 11:16 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

Regenerated User

Garage
Anything with Matthew McConaughey
Old 12-08-2019, 03:36 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)

Send a message via MSN to sc_rufctr
This is why I stopped watching commercial TV more than 10 years ago.

I only use my TV for movies and occasionally YouTube through my media player.
Old 12-08-2019, 03:57 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #8 (permalink)

Agree with the Liberty Mutual and Matthew McWhoever Lincoln ads (very annoying) but kinda like Geico and Flo. Also sick of Joe Namath with his Medicare ads..."it's free"! ...always mute him.
Old 12-08-2019, 03:59 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #9 (permalink)

how about the e harmony ones now pitching to homos, and the PD one "bent cucumber dick".

The level of stupidity on TV has reached an all time low........
Old 12-08-2019, 05:14 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #10 (permalink)
madcorgi

Quote:
Originally Posted by 72doug2,2S View Post
Anything with Matthew McConaughey
+1. What a doofus.
Old 12-08-2019, 05:16 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #11 (permalink)
beancounter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Bob View Post
...followed by the stupid Peloton stationary bike thingy. Yeah, right....give the fat old lady a bike that goes nowhere and see how happy she gonna be....
I'll 2nd you on the Peloton ads. They are pushing the thing hard this year...both on TV and radio/audio streaming services.
Old 12-08-2019, 05:44 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #12 (permalink)

Broadway Joe, Magnum PI....and all those damn attorneys

Mayhem ads are
Old 12-08-2019, 05:48 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #13 (permalink)
I see you

Quote:
Originally Posted by sc_rufctr View Post
this is why i stopped watching commercial tv more than 10 years ago.

I only use my tv for movies and occasionally youtube through my media player.
+1

Old bikers don't get old by accident
equito ergo sum
Old 12-08-2019, 06:33 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #14 (permalink)
madcorgi

Quote:
Originally Posted by KC911 View Post
Broadway Joe, Magnum PI....and all those damn attorneys

Mayhem ads are
I like the Mayhem ad where he licks Tina Fey. Would like to do that myself.
Old 12-08-2019, 07:57 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #15 (permalink)

Garage
Mike 'The Pillow Guy" tops my mute button list. Former crack head turned millionaire, so what the hey?

Old 12-08-2019, 08:13 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #16 (permalink)

Garage
LiMu emu. The 2 Sonic guys. The 1/2 motorcycle 1/ 2 man guy. Deluthe Trading post. All get muted instantly.
I actually like the mayhem Allstate ones.
Old 12-08-2019, 08:43 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #17 (permalink)

I've been watching a lot of Pluto, and to me their issue is they play the same commercials over and over again, sometimes back to back.

So my nomination goes to Brittany M on the VW "We Sign Off" commercial,
"I've been traaaaiined to notice things most human eyes don't see."

I guess she wasn't working there in 2014, saw a new Passat in the showroom, the whole rear driver's side door was orange peel.
Old 12-08-2019, 10:05 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #18 (permalink)
A Marchand fan before you

Garage
I like Flo from Progressive. Geico and Liberty Mutual are meh but not overly annoying.

Annoying commercials:
-ANYTHING that gets repeated over and over during 1 hour! The more I see your commercial, the less I want to support your business.
-Companies trying to convince you that you need to hire a lawyer (ie: medical, Roundup users or other class action lawsuits).
-The cancer care centers (don't ask me why, to me they are just depressing).
-Companies that want to help you to NOT pay your debt or your taxes. "I owed 4 bazillion dollars but only paid eight fifty"... They encourage you to be a deadbeat.
Old 12-08-2019, 12:02 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #19 (permalink)

ANY commercial where the spokesperson is yelling ........... STFU !!!!! 😡

Old 12-08-2019, 04:08 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #20 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: