Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Miscellaneous and Off Topic Forums > Off Topic Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 3.00 average.
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Quote:
Originally Posted by WPOZZZ View Post
Like this?
Oh yeah. Just like that.

That tree is amazing!

Old 01-05-2020, 09:27 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #41 (permalink)
Brew Master

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by KC911 View Post
When did fresh peaches stop smelling like peaches? Years ago, a box of freshly picked peaches (grown here in NC) would make a whole house smell "just peachy"...but not any more. I can't recall the last time I had a peach that smelled like the good ol' daze....
We have a local vendor that goes down south and gets peaches to sell in their store up here. Their selling point is never refrigerated. We normally buy a half dozen or so each week while they have them. Can't walk through the kitchen without smelling peaches. LOVE IT.
Old 01-05-2020, 01:51 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #42 (permalink)

Garage
Rainier cherries

But I really like watermelon too
Old 01-05-2020, 02:10 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #43 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tobra View Post
What do y'all say, have a favorite?
I inherited from my father a deep love of fruit, but if forced to choose a favorite I will say blueberries without hesitation. The larger the better.
Old 01-05-2020, 02:11 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #44 (permalink)

Blueberries, and strawberries when eaten with yogurt, or ice cream, and apples with peanut butter.
Old 01-06-2020, 03:24 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #45 (permalink)

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by WPOZZZ View Post
In my yard, I have 3 large mango trees, a large lychee tree, 2 mountain apple trees and a pomelo tree.
For those of you that haven't tried any fresh tropical fruit are missing out on the food of the gods. Lychee and mountain apples are great examples. Others are: sweet sop, sour sop, chicos/sapotes/saphoche, mangosteens, longan, dragonfruit, jackfruit, etc.

My favs are chicos and sweet sop.

Last edited by pitargue; 01-06-2020 at 10:52 AM..
Old 01-06-2020, 08:53 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #46 (permalink)

When I was a kid living in Singapore, we used to take the free public transportation (garbage trucks) to places where we could pick mangosteens off of the trees. Love those things.

At school there was always some native hanging around with a monkey, who for a small donation of $.10 or something, would send said monkey up the nearest coconut tree and fetch you a fresh coconut.

Fruit is all about the freshness.
Old 01-06-2020, 08:59 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #47 (permalink)

What ever is in season. We have a neighbor whose mother lives in Georgia, and she brought us a couple of cases of peaches over the summer. May have been the best I have eaten.
2001 Jetta TDI dead
1982 Chevette Diesel SOLD
Old 01-06-2020, 09:16 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #48 (permalink)

I used to have a house that had a peach tree in the backyard. Good times.
Old 01-06-2020, 09:19 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #49 (permalink)
Administrator

A few of my favorites are strawberries and mangoes along with:

Wax Apple

Custard Apple
Too many Miata's to count.
Old 01-06-2020, 12:45 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #50 (permalink)

Garage
I know these as the aforementioned mountain apple and sweet sop. :-)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric at Pelican Parts View Post
A few of my favorites are strawberries and mangoes along with:

Wax Apple

Custard Apple
Old 01-06-2020, 03:54 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #51 (permalink)

I like most fruit. I just don't eat enough of them. If you go by what I eat the most, it would be oranges then apples, strawberries and blue berries in that order. The best fruit I ever had was ripe mangoes picked off a tree on Guam. Some friends and I were boonie stomping and came across a tree just full of them. We climbed up and ate our fill. Sticky juice dripping down to our elbows. I did not know they had a high acid content. My mouth was sore for days and I can say I was not constipated for a good while too. But, they just tasted so good when I was hot and thirsty.
Old 01-06-2020, 04:07 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #52 (permalink)

Garage
I'm with the "whatever's fresh" group. We get excellent strawberries from Oxnard from the fruit stands on hwy 126 in Fillmore along with Valencia juicing oranges ($5 for a 20 lb box). Watermelons and cantaloupe are a big summertime hit.

Right now it's apple season. I've been addicted to Fantasia apples (I think that's the name) from Costco. I also like mangoes on a hot summer day.

"He's got one foot in the frying pan and one in the pressure cooker. Believe me, as a bowler, I know that right about now, your bladder feels like an overstuffed vacuum cleaner bag and your butt is kinda like an about-to-explode bratwurst." - Ernie McCracken
Old 01-06-2020, 04:22 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #53 (permalink)
G'day!

Garage
Old 01-20-2020, 10:40 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #54 (permalink)
Too big to fail

Garage
Send a message via AIM to widebody911 Send a message via Yahoo to widebody911
Rip Taylor?

Various VWs
Old 01-20-2020, 02:44 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #55 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: