Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Miscellaneous and Off Topic Forums > Off Topic Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 3.00 average.
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply
Groucho Marxist

Garage
What is your favorite fruit?

I was thinking about this the other day, and it would be a pretty tough call for me to make. It would sort of depend on what I was planning to do with it, bake it into a pie or something, rather than just eating it. Living in California, there is a lot to choose from, seems like something is always in season. Have tangerine tree and a navel orange tree that are both pretty loaded right now, the former for eating, the latter for juice. Freshly squozen OJ mimosas are a favorite of the wife, hence the tree. Summer gives you stone fruits, apricot, peach, nectarine, cherry, various berries, apples, pears. They even grow kiwi fruit here. Here is a random bit of trivia for you, Barbi Benton's mother had the first commercial kiwi fruit operation in the United States. My parents were friends of her parents is how I happen to know that.

I think I would have to go with a peach, if I am picking it off the tree. Not so much if I buy them in a supermarket, but okay from the fruit stand up the street. I have an early and late peach tree out back, those late peaches, wow.

What do y'all say, have a favorite?

Mark Twain
Old 01-03-2020, 10:16 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Garage
Apples if just picking up a piece of fruit to eat or bake into a pie.

Cold pineapple on a hot day is a close second choice.

Last edited by fanaudical; 01-03-2020 at 10:34 PM..
Old 01-03-2020, 10:32 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Garage
Apples or Kiwi with grapes in 3rd.
Old 01-03-2020, 11:17 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Apple. Next would be orange.

Nothing baked. I like my fruits and vegetables fresh, the way they were picked. I know, weird, I would rather eat an apple than an apple pie. Same with any fruit.

Cheers
Old 01-04-2020, 12:52 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

I like watermelon and strawberries. In my yard, I have 3 large mango trees, a large lychee tree, 2 mountain apple trees and a pomelo tree. I don't really eat the fruits I grow, but my friends sure love it when I harvest them!
14 535i M Sport
Old 01-04-2020, 01:56 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

When my son was a pre-schooler with a cute little lisp, I'd often ask him what his favorite kind of pie might be just to hear his innocent reply...

"Wemon!"
Old 01-04-2020, 03:55 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

Brew Master

Garage
Hard to beat a good ripe peach.
Old 01-04-2020, 05:32 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)
G'day!

Garage
Red seedless grapes.

Easy to eat, easy to store, easy to transport, helps hydrate, and tastes like heaven.

Don't give any to your Winkipop and Billabong though!
Old 01-04-2020, 05:40 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #8 (permalink)
Actual Porsche owner

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by cabmando View Post
Hard to beat a good ripe peach.
Oh yeah! Peaches are properly ripe for about 10 minutes, but when you get a perfectly ripe one right off the tree it's heaven.
I also like fresh-picked strawberries when they're warm from the sun. They lose something on the trip from the berry patch to the house.
Old 01-04-2020, 05:51 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #9 (permalink)
Get off my lawn!

Garage
No doubt a fresh tree picked peach or apricot is hard to beat.

It is a rare day that I don't eat an apple. Even rarer is a day I go without a banana. Often two bananas per day.

Red grapes are another favorite, it I can get the good ones. Sometime around here all they have is grapes from Peru, that are coated in some white stuff and they are pitiful looking.
1986 El Camino with Fuel Injected 350 Crate Engine
My Motto: I will never be too old to have a happy childhood!
Old 01-04-2020, 06:06 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #10 (permalink)

Pomegranate

Although a fresh peach is a treasure.

And marionberries and strawberries can be spectacular.
Old 01-04-2020, 06:27 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #11 (permalink)
Back in the saddle again

apples, oranges (especially sumo), grapefruit or even better, a good pomelo, peaches, if you can get a good one, but I rarely do, then if you're including them, probably my favorite, berries, straw, blue, black, rasp...
'08 Boxster RS60 Spyder #0099/1960
- never named a car before, but this is Charlotte.
'88 targa SOLD 2004 - gone but not forgotten
Old 01-04-2020, 06:32 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #12 (permalink)

Pomegranate and clementines. My father had several orange, clementine, and olive groves in Spain years ago and would also have various fruit trees for our person use mixed in. Nothing like a fruit, any fruit, right off the tree.
Old 01-04-2020, 07:00 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #13 (permalink)
Reelin' In The Years

Your tangerines, Tobra...perfect.

If I don't get a box next year you'll be hearing from my lawyer.
Old 01-04-2020, 07:05 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #14 (permalink)

Blood oranges when I can get them.
Rewe's blood orange juice. Omg

IRR... What IRR!
Old 01-04-2020, 07:08 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #15 (permalink)
#trudeaumustgo

Movin' to the country,
Gonna eat a lot of peaches
Peaches come from a can,
They were put there by a man
In a factory downtown
If I had my little way,
I'd eat peaches every day
Sun-soakin' bulges in the shade.......

Old 01-04-2020, 07:18 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #16 (permalink)

Strawberries...freshy picked
Old 01-04-2020, 07:32 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #17 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pavulon View Post
When my son was a pre-schooler with a cute little lisp, I'd often ask him what his favorite kind of pie might be just to hear his innocent reply...

"Wemon!"
LOL...and if ya get a sour one...."wemonade"!
Old 01-04-2020, 07:34 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #18 (permalink)
Parrothead member

Mango!

Old 01-04-2020, 08:10 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #19 (permalink)
Model Citizen

Grapefruit
A bathin' suit
Chew a little Juicy Fruit
Wash away the night

Old 01-04-2020, 08:16 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #20 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: