Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Miscellaneous and Off Topic Forums > Off Topic Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Garage
Send a message via AIM to vash
TV show - the WIRE.

Yea. The HBO Show.

I had the flu, or something awhile back and started watching it. Itís pretty great. Lots of inter-woven plots and character development.

I an halfway thru the last season.

WITHOUT surprising me with a SPOILER; do they end it? Or is there a cliff-hanger waiting for a season six that will never come?

Iíll never forget the execs that left us hanging with that show SOUTHLAND. But in their defense; best Cliff Hanger EVER!

Thanks.

Old 01-13-2020, 06:48 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)
Nice guy eddie

Garage
The Wire is generally considered the best thing ever shown on the small screen. There may be some competition for that award but it's highly debatable. It's also very entertaining and funny at times, IMO.

Season two has possibly the greatest gratuitous scene of bare female breasts in filmic history.

Last edited by speeder; 01-13-2020 at 07:02 PM..
Old 01-13-2020, 07:00 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)
Thread Killer

I've always heard The Wire was phenomenal, but never got around to watching it. It started in 2002- it sounds like it's still a good watch today?
Old 01-13-2020, 07:07 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)
Nice guy eddie

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Carlton View Post
I've always heard The Wire was phenomenal, but never got around to watching it. It started in 2002- it sounds like it's still a good watch today?
Hasn't aged one bit, IMO. I really loved season two, which some people thought was a little weak. I thought it was great w the union guys working the dying port, the international gangsters, etc...

This clip has my good friend PJ in the end, (he played Ziggy and also showed up as a crooked cop on "Bosch."
Old 01-13-2020, 07:17 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)
Bollweevil

Quote:
Originally Posted by speeder View Post
The Wire is generally considered the best thing ever shown on the small screen. There may be some competition for that award but it's highly debatable. It's also very entertaining and funny at times, IMO.
Best show ever then and still is the best IMO. Who can forget "Stringer Bell" or Omar, the baddest of the bad or any other of the great characters. One of the best casts ever and great writing.... TV just doesn't get any better than "The Wire".

And it is just as watchable today as in 2002...

Last edited by 74-911; 01-13-2020 at 07:33 PM..
Old 01-13-2020, 07:31 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

Send a message via MSN to sc_rufctr
Quote:
Originally Posted by speeder View Post

Season two has possibly the greatest gratuitous scene of bare female breasts in filmic history.
Kristin Proctor
Old 01-13-2020, 07:41 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

No spoilers bash but I think I you will leave satisfied.

My favorite show of all time and I donít think itís close. Have probably watched the entire series 6 or 7 times all the way through.

Come at the king, you best not miss.
Old 01-13-2020, 07:44 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)
Gon fix it with me hammer

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by sc_rufctr View Post
Kristin Proctor

Old 01-14-2020, 09:54 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #8 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: