Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Miscellaneous and Off Topic Forums > Off Topic Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Garage
BOA scam

Got this email a couple times. They need me to update my info. They only want my name, CC number, expiration date, security code, ATM pin, SS number,email address, and my email password. I dont even have a BOA account.. I will get right on that. Is anybody that stupid ? Link to BOA SCAM page.

https://p3plvcpnl328228.prod.phx3.secureserver.net/~sksrub6hnlex/BoFa/Service/x/Desktop/SecurityQuestionsAuth_EmailAuth.php?d8b0ed77dfafed 70346ae990fbaa20ee&dispatch=82572d2cfe96505ed211422ca9e3eaafa60f7cd2

Last edited by JackDidley; 01-19-2020 at 10:47 AM..
Old 01-19-2020, 07:39 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)
I see you

I am a BOA customer and get that scam frequently. I also get them from Wells Fargo and Chase though I'm not a customer of those.

Old bikers don't get old by accident
equito ergo sum
Old 01-19-2020, 07:53 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)
Still Doin Time

Seen a fair amount of invasive questions recently - ebay / PayPal. As in: Estimate your annual income......
'77 Sportster Pro-Street Drag Bike w/93ci - Sold to collector
'72 Yamaha CS5 200 Twin - Sold to fellow Pelicanite
Old 01-19-2020, 08:56 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by asphaltgambler View Post
Seen a fair amount of invasive questions recently - ebay / PayPal. As in: Estimate your annual income......
Yea, nobody is getting answers to those. Hell, my credit card company does not even get that. They say they will up my limit if I tell them my income. The current limit is just fine. I just can not believe the BOA scammers think people will give up all that info. May as well empty the wallet and send them the cash too.
Old 01-19-2020, 09:59 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)
Information Overloader

My CC company ups my limit out of the blue and makes it sound like they’re doing me a favor.
Old 01-19-2020, 10:02 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crowbob View Post
My CC company ups my limit out of the blue and makes it sound like they’re doing me a favor.
Same here. Ohhh, how they'd love to get me paying their usurious interest rate.
Old 01-19-2020, 10:06 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

#trudeaumustgo

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackDidley View Post
Got this email a couple times. They need me to update my info. They only want my name, CC number, expiration date, security code, ATM pin, SS number,email address, and my email password. I dont even have a BOA account.. I will get right on that. Is anybody that stupid ? Link to BOA page.

{link deleted}
Not a BOA link. I'd edit it out.
Old 01-19-2020, 10:23 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by dad911 View Post
Not a BOA link. I'd edit it out.
I know its not BOA. Its just the scam page. Not harmful if you dont fill in the blanks. I just think it is funny.
Old 01-19-2020, 10:46 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #8 (permalink)
Amateur

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by JackDidley View Post
Is anybody that stupid ?
Yes, even Nobel prize winners.
Old 01-19-2020, 10:59 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #9 (permalink)

Yep - get them for Wells Fargo more often than BOA. We don't even have a WF account.

'83 SC Targa - since 5/5/2001
'06 911 S Aerokit - from 5/2/2016 to 11/14/2018
Old 01-19-2020, 07:47 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #10 (permalink)
Actual Porsche owner

Garage
I'm getting addicted to Kitboga youtube videos.

Old 01-19-2020, 07:58 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #11 (permalink)

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by MBAtarga View Post
Yep - get them for Wells Fargo more often than BOA. We don't even have a WF account.
I could see them trying for an account number and password but they are going for the whole ID package. The page before the one I linked wants BOA user name and password. I typed in some random stuff and that took me to the page that wants it all. I find it totally absurd.
Old 01-19-2020, 07:59 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #12 (permalink)

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by wdfifteen View Post
I'm getting addicted to Kitboga youtube videos.

Not bad. Ive watched a few of them. His old lady voice gets obnoxious after a while. There are a few youtubers doing that.
Old 01-19-2020, 08:04 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #13 (permalink)
Driver, not Mechanic

It's relatively easy to check the sender and the link without clicking. Click the email address of the sender (not just what's displayed). It will tell you the actual source, most likely not @bankofamerica.com. Hover over the link. It shows up at the bottom. There will be bankofamerica somewhere but not bankofamerica.com/ in the top domain.
Old 01-19-2020, 08:10 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #14 (permalink)

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by wildthing View Post
It's relatively easy to check the sender and the link without clicking. Click the email address of the sender (not just what's displayed). It will tell you the actual source, most likely not @bankofamerica.com. Hover over the link. It shows up at the bottom. There will be bankofamerica somewhere but not bankofamerica.com/ in the top domain.
The email came from BOA.com < diane1355@ embarqmail.com > not that it matters. I dont even have a BOA account. I clicked on the link provided knowing what I was getting into.

Old 01-19-2020, 08:20 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #15 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: